ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

Hawk 04-24-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8562457)
I actually didn't think that was a spoiler at all. I haven't read the books and figured Jaime was a big enough character that when/if they do him in, we'll see more of him. For now, he's a prisoner.

For me, a bigger spoiler in this thread was when

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Molitoth 04-24-2012 07:33 AM

The sound of the saw blade against the bone of that kids leg made me cringe.
ouch!

Fire Me Boy! 04-24-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8562461)
The sound of the saw blade against the bone of that kids leg made me cringe.
ouch!

Oh, me too. At one point I looked at my wife and said, "They have to stop that!" She was cringing, too.

Fire Me Boy! 04-24-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 8562460)
Spoiler!

I've had a few spoilers from my brother, who isn't watching, but has read all the books. :cuss:

Fish 04-24-2012 08:50 AM

Spoiler!

Red Brooklyn 04-24-2012 08:51 AM

I'll absolutely use the other thread for larger discussions. I'll only discuss the book in here to say very generic things like "some big differences from the book tonight." I'll only get more specific on book related stuff if asked specifically to do so. From now on, I'll answer any specific questions like that in a spoiler tag just to be on the safe side. For example is someone asks, "is that event the same in the book?" I'll use a spoiler tag and answer the question. I will not spoil anything, even in a spoiler tag, in this thread.

If someone asks me point blank, "what happens to so-and-so in the book," I won't answer the question in a spoiler tag, I'll advise the poster asking to go to the spoiler thread and re-post the question if they really want to know.

Mostly, I just hang out in this thread to see how non-readers are enjoying the show. To see if they think it makes sense and if it continues to capture viewers who don't know the source.

Hawk 04-24-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8562536)
Spoiler!

Ha!

Megbert 04-24-2012 10:04 AM

Melisandre and the Queef of Doom gonna rule all!!! Dunno if it's true, only read book 2. I just wanted to type Queef of Doom.

vailpass 04-24-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8562536)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

mdchiefsfan 04-24-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8562222)
Yeah, I actually have no problem with people who have read the books better explaining some of the stuff that we've seen so far this season. That's not spoiling anything, it's just heightening my understanding of the world and the characters.

agreed

Frazod 04-24-2012 03:56 PM

I'll say one thing about the show - I actually think it's doing a better job of portraying Joffrey as a complete prick than the book did. That scene with the whores was downright disturbing.

mdchiefsfan 04-24-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8561700)
I actually like Bronn more on the show than I did in the books. I could watch a whole episode of dialog between him and Tyrion.

Bronn and Tyrion are making the season so far. I love the little shrugs Bronn gives, it cracks me up. Like when the guard from the Knight's Watch told Tyrion he was threatening the King. Tryion said, "No, I was educating my nephew. If he speaks again, kill him." Insert Bronn shrug and smirk. "That was a threat; see the difference?"

Hawk 04-24-2012 04:20 PM

Bronn is such a perfect name for him too. Tyrion is the brains, he needs his Bronn.

mdchiefsfan 04-24-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8563211)
I'll say one thing about the show - I actually think it's doing a better job of portraying Joffrey as a complete prick than the book did. That scene with the whores was downright disturbing.

Yea kinda weird to be relieved by a woman hitting another with a large stag scepter because of what I though was going to happen with that scepter.

mdchiefsfan 04-24-2012 10:24 PM

What was Aria repeating over and over when she was at Herenhall laying on the ground at night? She was saying some names but is there a purpose for it that I am missing?

KC_Connection 04-24-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 8564296)
What was Aria repeating over and over when she was at Herenhall laying on the ground at night? She was saying some names but is there a purpose for it that I am missing?

Those are the people she plans to get revenge on...Joffrey, Cersei, Ilyn Payne (the executioner), the Hound and then she adds the two torturers (the Mountain and that other guy). It was Yoren's ritual that he told her about.

CHENZ A! 04-24-2012 10:43 PM

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet or not, but I really enjoy all of the naked chicks too. AND ITS A GOOD STORY!

mdchiefsfan 04-24-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8564305)
Those are the people she plans to get revenge on...Joffrey, Cersei, Ilyn Payne (the executioner), the Hound and then she adds the two torturers (the Mountain and that other guy). It was Yoren's ritual that he told her about.

Ah, that makes sense. God so much can fly over your head in this show. Thanks.

Baby Lee 04-25-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 8564296)

She's praying for their deaths.

Swanman 04-25-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8564305)

I believe Polliver was the late addition. That scene was so freaking well done.

Bronn had the line of the series thus far with, "no cure for being a c**t"

petegz28 04-25-2012 09:47 AM

Arya and Tyrion....not wanting to spoil but after reading all the books those are the two that are my favorite characters. They have the uncanny ability to adapt to any situation they are in and use it to their advanatage.

AndChiefs 04-25-2012 10:57 AM

Yeah that's a spoiler for those who haven't read the books.

Fire Me Boy! 04-25-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8564777)
Spoiler!

Use spoiler tags, dammit. :banghead:

It's not hard. Just use [ spoiler ] and [ /spoiler ] (without the spaces) around whatever you want to hide.

Bowser 04-25-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8564954)

It's not hard. Just use [ spoiler ] and [ /spoiler ] (without the spaces) around whatever you want to hide.

He's just putting everyone on. Those two are dead at the end of the second book.

Spoiler!

keg in kc 04-25-2012 11:47 AM

It's crazy when bran wakes up at the end of book 2, and we learn it's really 1979 and all of it's a dream.

By the way, when you start out a sentence with "not wanting to spoil but" it's a pretty good sign you're about to spoil. So...stop.

Huffmeister 04-25-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 8561218)
Poliver /= to the Tickler...two different people. Poliver asks the questions, the Tickler does the rest. I think the Tickler isn't going to be mentioned in the show like he was in the book. Not a spoiler, already happened, just not expanded on the screen. In the book they did talk a lot more about all the things they did for torture, the rat thing being one of them.

I watched it with Closed Captioning on, and I'm pretty sure that they labeled the guy sitting on the broken wall eating an apple as the Tickler. It would say "TICKLER: whatever he was saying" when he spoke.

Hawk 04-25-2012 12:11 PM

Polliver is the one who int he last episode took needle from Arya and killed Lommy rather than carry him, and in this episode he punched the prisoner at the end who asked for food. Tickler was the squatting guy in charge of the torture and asking the questions. The Mountain (Gregor Clegane, brother of the Hound) was the huge tall guy who picked out which person would get tortured.

petegz28 04-25-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 8564939)
Yeah that's a spoiler for those who haven't read the books.

Not really. I think it's evident by now or at least it should be that Arya and Tyrion are not dimwits.

vailpass 04-25-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8565220)
Not really. I think it's evident by now or at least it should be that Arya and Tyrion are not dimwits.

Agreed. I wonder if their kids will be midgets?

petegz28 04-25-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8565233)
Agreed. I wonder if their kids will be midgets?

Only 1...OOPS! :banghead:

keg in kc 04-25-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8565220)

Your comment could be interpreted as saying both are still alive as of the latest book. Which would be a massive spoiler if that's the case.

Either way, your comment would've been better suited to the other thread. It's cool to talk about the entire series there, whereas this is the one for the noobs.

Los Pollos Hermanos 04-25-2012 01:07 PM

There's more conversation in this thread about what constitutes a spoiler and what doesn't than about the actual show.

KC_Connection 04-25-2012 01:14 PM

Hypothetical...who would have won the sword fight between Jaime Lannister and Ned Stark if Ned didn't get speared in the leg from behind? I'm still upset that we never got to see the two of them truly go at it.

mdchiefsfan 04-25-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8565335)
Hypothetical...who would have won the sword fight between Jaime Lannister and Ned Stark if Ned didn't get speared in the leg from behind? I'm still upset that we never got to see the two of them truly go at it.

Right?

KC_Connection 04-25-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 8565376)
Right?

Yeah...I was just watching their fight again. A damn shame how it ended, Jaime was pissed.

mdchiefsfan 04-25-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8565381)
Yeah...I was just watching their fight again. A damn shame how it ended, Jaime was pissed.

Man that was a close fight. I was cheering for Ned, of course, but there wasn't one person edging the other. Tough to tell. Damn overzealous guards!!

Hawk 04-25-2012 01:37 PM

I'd have to give the edge to Jaime, but Ned was a tough SOB.

keg in kc 04-25-2012 01:44 PM

I would have to say definitely Jamie, but I'm biased by the way he's portreyed basically from the get-go in the first book, as this unbeatable badass swordsman. I don't remember seeing that shown on TV to this point, although maybe I'm forgetting something.

vailpass 04-25-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8565381)

Yet Jaime walked away rather than executing an injured opponent because he had not dealt that injury himself. 'It wouldn't have been clean'.

First time I had any like for Jaime.

NewChief 04-25-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8565438)
I would have to say definitely Jamie, but I'm biased by the way he's portreyed basically from the get-go in the first book, as this unbeatable badass swordsman. I don't remember seeing that shown on TV to this point, although maybe I'm forgetting something.

Yeah. They've done a poor job (and I mean comparatively, I love the show) of conveying the badassness of certain characters. Sir Loras, Jaime, and the Hound all three for example.

mdchiefsfan 04-25-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8564954)

Spoiler!

Hawk 04-25-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8565457)
Yeah. They've done a poor job (and I mean comparatively, I love the show) of conveying the badassness of certain characters. Sir Loras, Jaime, and the Hound all three for example.

Agreed, Sir Barristan Selmy who Joffrey fired from the Kingsguard is another one. It is just really hard to do that in the show versus the books. They did try a little bit in the last episode when the guards at the beginning were debating who the best fighter is before Grey Wind came in and ate them.

Also, last season when they captured Jaime, one of the characters tells Catelyn Stark that Jaime killed 10 of their men before they could subdue him. But they didn't show it, which would have been more impactful.

mdchiefsfan 04-25-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 8565816)
Agreed, Sir Barristan Selmy who Joffrey fired from the Kingsguard is another one. It is just really hard to do that in the show versus the books. They did try a little bit in the last episode when the guards at the beginning were debating who the best fighter is before Grey Wind came in and ate them.

Also, last season when they captured Jaime, one of the characters tells Catelyn Stark that Jaime killed 10 of their men before they could subdue him. But they didn't show it, which would have been more impactful.

I wish they would insert things like this into the show. It really seems like they are trying to cram so much into so few episodes. I guess I'll have to read the books....... Touche HBO, Touche.

Hawk 04-25-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 8565835)
I wish they would insert things like this into the show. It really seems like they are trying to cram so much into so few episodes. I guess I'll have to read the books....... Touche HBO, Touche.

To be fair, it is not "shown" in the books either as that whole battle of the Whispering woods when jaime is captured is not ever seen from a Point of View character that is there to describe it as it happened. It is just talked about by or around other Point of View characters, just like the show.

In case you have not read the books, you should understand that every chapter in the books is told from the point of view of a specific character (not first person, but you get to hear their thoughts and reactions, and you only get to see what they see). Since no POV character was at that battle, we are only told about it second hand. The show was pretty faithful to the books on that one.

BigRedChief 04-25-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 8565960)
To be fair, it is not "shown" in the books either as that whole battle of the Whispering woods when jaime is captured is not ever seen from a Point of View character that is there to describe it as it happened. It is just talked about by or around other Point of View characters, just like the show.

In case you have not read the books, you should understand that every chapter in the books is told from the point of view of a specific character (not first person, but you get to hear their thoughts and reactions, and you only get to see what they see). Since no POV character was at that battle, we are only told about it second hand. The show was pretty faithful to the books on that one.

Now this is perfectfully acceptable book vs. HBO post. Same rule. If its been aired on TV, its fair to talk about the book up to that point.

As far as some people not being badass's.....Seems to me that a lot are bad ass. I was under the impresssion that Jamie and Father Stark were the badest of the badass's.

keg in kc 04-25-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8566204)
As far as some people not being badass's.....Seems to me that a lot are bad ass. I was under the impresssion that Jamie and Father Stark were the badest of the badass's.

The king was, too, until he got fat.

mdchiefsfan 04-25-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8566204)
Now this is perfectfully acceptable book vs. HBO post. Same rule. If its been aired on TV, its fair to talk about the book up to that point.

Oh I'm not talking bad about it at all, I actually like a bit of difference from book to show. I was just saying thanks HBO for hooking me into the show and making me curious to what I could be missing.

Hawk 04-25-2012 10:06 PM

Ned Stark was a capable fighter and good soldier and military leader, but I never got the impression he was as skilled in a one on one fight as a guy like Jaime Lannister who is supposedly one of the best swordsmen in Westeros.

Gay Loras is another who is supposedly really good, though mostly his reputation is from tournaments rather than actual war which is why Catelyn told Renly in the last episode that she felt sorry for his young knights as "they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming."

KC_Connection 04-25-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 8566927)
Ned Stark was a capable fighter and good soldier and military leader, but I never got the impression he was as skilled in a one on one fight as a guy like Jaime Lannister who is supposedly one of the best swordsmen in Westeros.

Might it be possible that Ned was just as good as Jaime but just didn't have the same kind of ego or desire to be recognized? That others just didn't know how good he was because he never felt the need to show off? He did mention (to Jaime, I believe it was) that he didn't participate in tournaments and left his fighting for actual war.

Hawk 04-26-2012 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8567036)
Might it be possible that Ned was just as good as Jaime but just didn't have the same kind of ego or desire to be recognized? That others just didn't know how good he was because he never felt the need to show off? He did mention (to Jaime, I believe it was) that he didn't participate in tournaments and left his fighting for actual war.

Certainly possible. I guess he never sees himself that way in his POV chapters. We do know he would have died against one of the kingsguard (Dayne maybe?) at the Tower of Joy if he hadn't been saved by Howland Reed. I still give the edge to Jaime in a one on one fight.

vailpass 04-26-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8567036)

Yep. Ned said he didn't do tournaments because he doesn't want his opponents to know what he's got.
Jaime is perhaps the most skilled swordsman in the kingdom but Ned is old north hard core to the bone.
I'd put my money on the wolf.

Baby Lee 04-27-2012 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 8563257)
Bronn is such a perfect name for him too. Tyrion is the brains, he needs his Bronn.

Rewatching ep 4, I was prompted to come here and assert that for as great as Dinklage is as Tyrion, Bronn is his perfect sidekick. Glad to see others agree.

"The good king's backed up, clogged from balls to brains."

Oh, and Bronn saying "couldn't hurt to get some of the poison out." THe slyest Howard Stern reference ever?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...20Poison%20Out

Perhaps the most surreal bit of radio ever. Basically an 80 year old man who invented the most powerful woman's marital aid ever [the Sybian], guiding a porn star through like 8 minutes of the most emphatic and noisy pleasure ever by positioning her 'properly on his invention. I listened to it forgetting I had my house windows open, and fears for the esteem of my community when I realized the sound was travelling beyond my walls. Youtube the clip is you dare.

Aries Walker 04-29-2012 04:14 AM

Speaking of Bronn . . .

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r5V8ecsrxeY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kcxiv 04-29-2012 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8567929)
Yep. Ned said he didn't do tournaments because he doesn't want his opponents to know what he's got.
Jaime is perhaps the most skilled swordsman in the kingdom but Ned is old north hard core to the bone.
I'd put my money on the wolf.

ned said, if he fights, its to kill or something then i think left it at that. lol

Los Pollos Hermanos 04-29-2012 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8572211)
Rewatching ep 4, I was prompted to come here and assert that for as great as Dinklage is as Tyrion, Bronn is his perfect sidekick. Glad to see others agree.

"The good king's backed up, clogged from balls to brains."

Oh, and Bronn saying "couldn't hurt to get some of the poison out." THe slyest Howard Stern reference ever?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...20Poison%20Out

Perhaps the most surreal bit of radio ever. Basically an 80 year old man who invented the most powerful woman's marital aid ever [the Sybian], guiding a porn star through like 8 minutes of the most emphatic and noisy pleasure ever by positioning her 'properly on his invention. I listened to it forgetting I had my house windows open, and fears for the esteem of my community when I realized the sound was travelling beyond my walls. Youtube the clip is you dare.

Did the line come straight from the book? If so, it was written a long time before Raven let her poison out on Howard.

KcMizzou 04-29-2012 08:11 PM

thoughts?

petegz28 04-29-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8582095)
thoughts?

Are you picking up on Theon yet?

KevB 04-29-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8582124)

What means this?

I was sad to see .....someone (are we allowed to talk openly about already aired episodes in this thead?) go tonight. He was just coming into his own IMO.

KC_Connection 04-30-2012 02:05 AM

Yeah, I thought Renly might go down soon. I noticed the actor that was playing him wasn't on the main cast list a while ago, which I found odd (perhaps I shouldn't be looking at that, will try to avoid it in the future). Didn't expect it to be so quick, though, but I guess Stannis' plan worked perfectly.

So what exactly is the "demon monkey" Tyrion going to do with all of that wildfire?

KC_Connection 04-30-2012 02:13 AM

And who is Arya going to ask that Jaqen guy to kill next? I wish she had said Joffrey first.

Hawk 04-30-2012 06:05 AM

Here is the summary i normally post from the other site for this week's episode. It does not contain any spoilers, though it does have a little bit of info from the books so I will go ahead and spoiler tag it given that some people seem to want to avoid all book talk:

Spoiler!

Sfeihc 04-30-2012 06:47 AM

Every scene has a purpose of taking a story line further. They do such a masterful job of producing this series.

Swanman 04-30-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8582442)
So what exactly is the "demon monkey" Tyrion going to do with all of that wildfire?

Duh, he is going to drink it. Wine is for pussies.

petegz28 04-30-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 8582360)
What means this?

I was sad to see .....someone (are we allowed to talk openly about already aired episodes in this thead?) go tonight. He was just coming into his own IMO.

On Theon's assault on the North.

vailpass 04-30-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8582124)

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8582699)
On Theon's assault on the North.

A man straddles the no spoiler line.

petegz28 04-30-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8583194)
A man straddles the no spoiler line.

Dude, it's been setting up for the last 2 shows...are you not paying attention?

KC_Connection 04-30-2012 04:06 PM

I have no real idea what you're talking about with Theon yet, nor do I want to know. I do hope his story goes somewhere soon, though.

vailpass 04-30-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8583524)
Dude, it's been setting up for the last 2 shows...are you not paying attention?

I know what happens. Was just observing that you were keen to underscore the foreshadowing of the upcoming flood.

petegz28 04-30-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8583536)
I have no real idea what you're talking about with Theon yet, nor do I want to know. I do hope his story goes somewhere soon, though.

Then you haven't paid attention and you didn't pay attention to the discussion he had with his 1st mate in this last show.

petegz28 04-30-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8583537)
I know what happens. Was just observing that you were keen to underscore the foreshadowing of the upcoming flood.

Let's look at what has been dsicussed. When he mentioned to his father a couple shows ago about fighting the Lannister's his father said "who said anything about the Lannister's?".

Then he was set off to start raiding a village in the north. When his 1st mate said they could take such-such, Theon said they could only hold it a couple of days because the Starks would sent help and then his 1st mate got a big telling grin on his face.

So many people have overlooked that particular part that has been setting up for some time now.

I know you know what happens but for those that haven't caught on yet think about this..

Theon is having to prove himself to his father..
Theon is setting out to raid a village in the north..
Theong got a shit eating grin when his 1st mate said the Starks would come help where they are planning to raid...

This has all been in the shows already. Nothing new, just a lot of what people haven't paid much attention too.

KC_Connection 04-30-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8583545)
Then you haven't paid attention and you didn't pay attention to the discussion he had with his 1st mate in this last show.

Yeah, he's going against his father's wishes and attacking Torrhen's Square instead to gain more respect. What of it?

Why do people feel the need to have to spoil things for others?

vailpass 04-30-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8583553)
Let's look at what has been dsicussed. When he mentioned to his father a couple shows ago about fighting the Lannister's his father said "who said anything about the Lannister's?".

Then he was set off to start raiding a village in the north. When his 1st mate said they could take such-such, Theon said they could only hold it a couple of days because the Starks would sent help and then his 1st mate got a big telling grin on his face.

So many people have overlooked that particular part that has been setting up for some time now.

I know you know what happens but for those that haven't caught on yet think about this..

Theon is having to prove himself to his father..
Theon is setting out to raid a village in the north..
Theong got a shit eating grin when his 1st mate said the Starks would come help where they are planning to raid...

This has all been in the shows already. Nothing new, just a lot of what people haven't paid much attention too.

Don't forget about Bran's dream, the most obvious tell of them all. A man knows know you are pointing out what has already happened but a man can give things away if he isn't careful.

petegz28 04-30-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8583554)
Yeah, he's going against his father's wishes and attacking Torrhen's Square instead to gain more respect. What of it?

Why do people feel the need to have to spoil things for others?

Not spoling anything. Everything I have said so far has been laid out in the shows.

NewChief 04-30-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8583566)
Not spoling anything. Everything I have said so far has been laid out in the shows.

Bringing attention to it by saying "are you paying attention to this?" is like a spoiler. It's like telling people to pay attention to the temperature changes in the Sixth Sense and then acting like they should have picked up on the significance on first viewing

AndChiefs 04-30-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

But youre trying to bring them to a spoiler. You need to cool it.

AndChiefs 04-30-2012 04:37 PM

This is essentially what youre posting...

Anyone notice whats up with stannis? He needs to defeat his brother and melisandre warned renly that the night is dark and full of terrors. Then she went and birthed a demon like thing. Wonder whats going to happen with that?

petegz28 04-30-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 8583612)
This is essentially what youre posting...

Anyone notice whats up with stannis? He needs to defeat his brother and melisandre warned renly that the night is dark and full of terrors. Then she went and birthed a demon like thing. Wonder whats going to happen with that?

Again had one paid attention what happened would not have been that big of a surprise. Daveos was asked to be a smuggler again by Stanis, he smuggles Melisandre into a cave where he says "they've barred it closed" and she said "bars cannot stop us" or whatever and gives birth to a smoke being.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-30-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

I know what happens, but you're on the verge of douching up the thread with this shit.

KC_Connection 04-30-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8583638)
Again had one paid attention what happened would not have been that big of a surprise. Daveos was asked to be a smuggler again by Stanis, he smuggles Melisandre into a cave where he says "they've barred it closed" and she said "bars cannot stop us" or whatever and gives birth to a smoke being.

Disagree entirely. I had seen that Renly's actor wasn't a full cast member so I wasn't that surprised by his death, but plenty of people I've talked to today didn't see that coming at all.

Just keep the spoilers out of the spoiler-free thread...it's not that hard.

petegz28 04-30-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8583646)
Disagree entirely. I had seen that Renly's actor wasn't a full cast member so I wasn't that surprised by his death, but plenty of people I've talked to today didn't see that coming at all.

Just keep the spoilers out of the spoiler-free thread...it's not that hard.

Ok, so you had looked to see that about Renly but you get miffed if someone say "did you catch that?"

The people I have talked to didn't see it coming that the smoke being killed him, they though he was there to open the gates or whatever but they seemed to know they were there to assasinate Renly since he outnumbered Stanis and such.

All I am saying is there is a lot of story line people are not catching onto because they are not paying a lot of attention. And what I am talking about are dead give-aways if you pay attention to what is being and has been said throughout the story.