ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Elder Scrolls V (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=209317)

Mr. Laz 11-14-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8112414)
I got a black soul gem.

What am I supposed to do with that?

just hold on to it for now

You can capture high level souls in it and then use that to do a magical upgrade on an items.

btw keep an eye out for a soul capturing weapon, you'll need it.

Hammock Parties 11-14-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8112410)
I'm way too impatient.

I was in the beginning, but have since just hit read and then exited.

I bought Oblivion, got through 1 gate. Got through a 2nd gate and realized how repetitive it was and never touched it again.

Main quest in oblivion sucked.

The guild quests are a lot of fun though, especially thieves guild and dark brotherhood quests.

Pants 11-14-2011 11:37 PM

Aight, I'm about to kick this bitch in. Have had it since last Friday. I hope it doesn't start sucking ass half-way through like Oblivion.

Bump 11-15-2011 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8112547)
Aight, I'm about to kick this bitch in. Have had it since last Friday. I hope it doesn't start sucking ass half-way through like Oblivion.

Oblivion didn't suck at all, if you didn't like that game you wont like Skyrim, but Skyrim is like a cooler version of Oblivion, it's really ****ing good.

Buck 11-15-2011 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8112593)
Oblivion didn't suck at all, if you didn't like that game you wont like Skyrim, but Skyrim is like a cooler version of Oblivion, it's really ****ing good.

I hated what I played of Oblivion. I love Skyrim.

KcMizzou 11-15-2011 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8112596)
I hated what I played of Oblivion. I love Skyrim.

I liked a Oblivion a lot at first. My interest waned pretty quickly. (Never finished it.) This, has me hooked.

Imon Yourside 11-15-2011 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8112598)
I liked a Oblivion a lot at first. My interest waned pretty quickly. (Never finished it.) This, has me hooked.

Oblivion is in my top 10-15 games ever, preordered this and still haven't played it. I'll get around to it when I'm bored, providing Torchlight 2 isn't released before then. ;)

KcMizzou 11-15-2011 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8112606)
Oblivion is in my top 10-15 games ever, preordered this and still haven't played it. I'll get around to it when I'm bored, providing Torchlight 2 isn't released before then. ;)

What the... I don't even...

Hammock Parties 11-15-2011 12:47 AM

oblivion and its expansion was in my top 5 favorite games ever, and skyrim.... lets just say i havent gotten much sleep since friday

Imon Yourside 11-15-2011 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8112617)
What the... I don't even...

I know...it's unfathomable but i'm just not in the mood for this right now.

Setsuna 11-15-2011 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8112451)
just hold on to it for now

You can capture high level souls in it and then use that to do a magical upgrade on an items.

btw keep an eye out for a soul capturing weapon, you'll need it.

Can't you just buy the spell to capture souls? I did.

Hammock Parties 11-15-2011 04:21 AM

Come at me bro

http://i41.tinypic.com/242wlky.jpg

Mr. Laz 11-15-2011 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8112623)

yep ... but it's usually harder to get it to time out right.

With a weapon you just start wacking and eventually capture the soul. :)

Mr. Laz 11-15-2011 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8112593)

Halfway through Oblivion got repetitive as hell and you basically stopped leveling up.

Hopefully Skyrim won't have that same problem.

So far Sky rim already has more battle variety than Oblivion ever did ... so that's a good sign.

Imon Yourside 11-15-2011 10:23 AM

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B7trmEmI5Js?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B7trmEmI5Js?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Lolz Bethesda never changes, great games buggy as always though. I remember when Daggerfall came out, same type of bugs.

Hammock Parties 11-15-2011 10:41 AM

Dragons: You Are ****ed

http://i41.tinypic.com/28a2vyf.jpg

allen_kcCard 11-15-2011 10:44 AM

Looks like when I get to play again I definately need to start working on bows. Only to level 5 before I stopped for OTR beta weekend and to see if I could fix the chick talking to me for The Coming Storm, but up to that point all I had been doing was roasting people with magic, that or stabbing at them with a dagger that made them flee.

Roast em coming in, stab them to make them flee, them run them down and roast em some more.

Hammock Parties 11-15-2011 10:46 AM

I had probably the most memorable battle in any video game I've ever played, especially since it was unscripted.

Coming down the shear slopes of High Hrothgar towards Whiterun, having just seen the Greybeards for the first time, out of nowhere the first dragon I've directly encountered since the opening scene rears up over the rocks. ****ing Ice Dragon.

I'm playing it on Master, and I'm completely unprepared to fight this thing. But I'm half down the mountain - way too steep to run back up; certain death to run down. So I sprint and jump along the rocks laterally, trying to heal as I go, but taking tons of damage. I make it a fair distance, but the thing swirls up around beside me. No time to heal. I'm gonna die.

But I'm not the target! Hajvarr Iron-Hand, some bad-ass dude camping out alone on this precarious little outcropping, is shooting arrows at the dragon and he's its target. But then it flies away for awhile and he starts coming after me! Bastard AI, WTF! So he and I fight, but then the damn dragon comes back and hits both of us.

I don't want to kill Hajvarr, because he can soak the dragon's damage while I shoot it. But he and Dragon still go after me too. For 3 days and nights in-game, we play a 3-way game of cat-and-mouse on the cliffs overlooking Whiterun: healing, fighting each other, taking turns going 2-on-1. Took me almost 2 hours, because Dragon refuses to land.

Finally, Hajvarr dies, but Dragon is badly wounded. He swoops down to the plains and I follow. Finally, he lands. Two guards run out and Dragon starts fighting them. I'm far away, but I can see his life getting really low. So I sprint, ignoring my low health, trying to move in for the kill.

Then Dragon inexplicably turns to me, somehow realizing I was coming, and rears up, about to frost-breath me FTW. I pause the game, trying to think of something I can do. No potions left. Healing spells are too slow. Whirlwind Sprint, the shout I'd learned 2 hours ago! I equip, unpause, shout it, and smash him with Molag Bal's mace before he can kill me. I'll see you in hell, Dragon.

Unforgettable. It's too early to say Skyrim has supplanted Morrowind as my favorite game of all time. But it's well on its ****ing way.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-15-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8113012)
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B7trmEmI5Js?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B7trmEmI5Js?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Lolz Bethesda never changes, great games buggy as always though. I remember when Daggerfall came out, same type of bugs.

Read what he puts under the video. When you play a game for eleventy billion hours, you are going to find a few bugs.

Pants 11-15-2011 10:48 AM

Created a Redguard beast last night. He's going to be a dual-wielding, heavy armor-wearing machine. Magic and ranged weapons are for pussies. :p

WhiteWhale 11-15-2011 10:50 AM

It's impressive how many popular Oblivion mods have been integrated into this game.

Deathblows, companions, black smithing... all of these were oblivion mods. Bethesda pays a lot of attention to their consumers. Smart company.

Pants 11-15-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 8113068)
I had probably the most memorable battle in any video game I've ever played, especially since it was unscripted.

Coming down the shear slopes of High Hrothgar towards Whiterun, having just seen the Greybeards for the first time, out of nowhere the first dragon I've directly encountered since the opening scene rears up over the rocks. ****ing Ice Dragon.

I'm playing it on Master, and I'm completely unprepared to fight this thing. But I'm half down the mountain - way too steep to run back up; certain death to run down. So I sprint and jump along the rocks laterally, trying to heal as I go, but taking tons of damage. I make it a fair distance, but the thing swirls up around beside me. No time to heal. I'm gonna die.

But I'm not the target! Hajvarr Iron-Hand, some bad-ass dude camping out alone on this precarious little outcropping, is shooting arrows at the dragon and he's its target. But then it flies away for awhile and he starts coming after me! Bastard AI, WTF! So he and I fight, but then the damn dragon comes back and hits both of us.

I don't want to kill Hajvarr, because he can soak the dragon's damage while I shoot it. But he and Dragon still go after me too. For 3 days and nights in-game, we play a 3-way game of cat-and-mouse on the cliffs overlooking Whiterun: healing, fighting each other, taking turns going 2-on-1. Took me almost 2 hours, because Dragon refuses to land.

Finally, Hajvarr dies, but Dragon is badly wounded. He swoops down to the plains and I follow. Finally, he lands. Two guards run out and Dragon starts fighting them. I'm far away, but I can see his life getting really low. So I sprint, ignoring my low health, trying to move in for the kill.

Then Dragon inexplicably turns to me, somehow realizing I was coming, and rears up, about to frost-breath me FTW. I pause the game, trying to think of something I can do. No potions left. Healing spells are too slow. Whirlwind Sprint, the shout I'd learned 2 hours ago! I equip, unpause, shout it, and smash him with Molag Bal's mace before he can kill me. I'll see you in hell, Dragon.

Unforgettable. It's too early to say Skyrim has supplanted Morrowind as my favorite game of all time. But it's well on its ****ing way.

Morrowind is your favorite game?

Reaper16 11-15-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 8113068)

I came.

Skyy God 11-15-2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8112623)

Sure, but enchanting a dagger and breaking it out as needed is way easier.

Buying soul gems and enchanting weapons is the best way to make bank (at least I've found).

Valiant 11-15-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8113080)

Daggerfall was mine. Couldbe becase its the only one I fnished.

Hopefully they give me my founder titles and camo for mw3 and I can find somebody to trade me skyrim for he founders card.

Frazod 11-15-2011 11:32 AM

One thing I need to address is clearing up my outstanding miscellaneous quests - seems like I pick up two new ones for every one I finish.

I just can't say no. :D

Mr. Laz 11-15-2011 11:36 AM

start collecting your charred skeever hides people

Charred Skeever alchemy aspects
1. Restore Stamina
2. Resist Poison
3. Cure Disease
4. Restore Health

Fire Me Boy! 11-15-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8113166)
One thing I need to address is clearing up my outstanding miscellaneous quests - seems like I pick up two new ones for every one I finish.

I just can't say no. :D

I totally understand. I need to find the dude that wants three flawless amethysts. He's the only quest I've turned down, thinking it'd be a stupid thing to keep worrying about, and the very next quest I did I found three flawless amethysts. Now I'm holding onto them, just waiting to find the guy again.

Imon Yourside 11-15-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8113070)
Read what he puts under the video. When you play a game for eleventy billion hours, you are going to find a few bugs.

I'm well aware of that, it's always the same type of bugs tho.

Setsuna 11-15-2011 12:26 PM

I am a proud owner of Skyrim! Yes!

Buck 11-15-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8113080)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8113132)
I came.

PS, that is a cool story, but he copied it off of reddit.

ReynardMuldrake 11-15-2011 02:22 PM

Last night I was walking along the northern shore toward that city by Azura's shrine, and got attacked by a group of those ice-sprits. Killed most of them, got separated from my partner, low on health, out of everything, the last one corners me with my back to this open pit. On death's door it lunges at me, I leap backwards and go tumbling into the pit. I'm trapped in this cave with no way up, so I press on and discover these ancient ruins of a dwemer city glittering under the ice. It was breathtaking.

I ****ing love this game.

Reaper16 11-15-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8113655)
PS, that is a cool story, but he copied it off of reddit.

Is he copying all of his screenshots from reddit too?

Buck 11-15-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8113774)
Is he copying all of his screenshots from reddit too?

He's been showing the stuff he's crafted, but a lot of the stuff he posts is from reddit or maybe /v/.

Edit: A lot of the stuff I saw in the beginning from him was his stuff, but he's been sharing a lot of stuff from the internet. Not that there is anything bad about that, but he should at least mention that that wasn't his story.

Skyy God 11-15-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8113225)
I totally understand. I need to find the dude that wants three flawless amethysts. He's the only quest I've turned down, thinking it'd be a stupid thing to keep worrying about, and the very next quest I did I found three flawless amethysts. Now I'm holding onto them, just waiting to find the guy again.

Bar in Riften, it's the Argonian. Help a brother out.

Imon Yourside 11-15-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8113155)
Daggerfall was mine. Couldbe becase its the only one I fnished.

Hopefully they give me my founder titles and camo for mw3 and I can find somebody to trade me skyrim for he founders card.

Congrats on finishing Daggerfall, I must have logged 2000 plus hour back in the day and never finished it. I remember playing a long time building characters then Bethesda would release a patch that killed my saved games. Still one of the best games ever, even with all the bugs. I purchased a house and lost a character because he was stuck on the stair well and couldn't move!

Mr. Laz 11-15-2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8113783)
He's been showing the stuff he's crafted, but a lot of the stuff he posts is from reddit or maybe /v/.

Edit: A lot of the stuff I saw in the beginning from him was his stuff, but he's been sharing a lot of stuff from the internet. Not that there is anything bad about that, but he should at least mention that that wasn't his story.

that would mean he would get less attention

btw ... Master Vampire and his bitches just gutted me and left me laying dead in stream. Yeah baby!! :D

fyi i guess NPC can die

Hammock Parties 11-15-2011 06:17 PM

:hail: :hail: :hail:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kElxR6PIacI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

allen_kcCard 11-15-2011 06:39 PM

Is there any drawback to using heavy armor as a primary caster? I'm not sure why everyone won't use the heavy armor tree to get heavy armor to weigh nothing, and then stack on all heavy armor and blast things.

QuikSsurfer 11-15-2011 07:47 PM

I've been on the Staff of Magnus quest for nearly 5 hours of gametime.. Gorgeously drawn dungeons and ruins in this quest -- tough as shit too.

Buck 11-15-2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8114365)
I've been on the Staff of Magnus quest for nearly 5 hours of gametime.. Gorgeously drawn dungeons and ruins in this quest -- tough as shit too.

I spent pretty much my entire day yesterday doing that quest.

I think it was about 6-6.5 hours.

QuikSsurfer 11-15-2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 8114177)
:hail: :hail: :hail:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kElxR6PIacI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Want

QuikSsurfer 11-15-2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8114367)
I spent pretty much my entire day yesterday doing that quest.

I think it was about 6-6.5 hours.

Have you finished Mage College quests now?

Buck 11-15-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8114381)
Have you finished Mage College quests now?

There are a lot more quests available there, but they aren't main quests like that one.

Mr. Laz 11-15-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 8114234)
Is there any drawback to using heavy armor as a primary caster? I'm not sure why everyone won't use the heavy armor tree to get heavy armor to weigh nothing, and then stack on all heavy armor and blast things.

exactly what i'm doing :D

choose imperial so i got heavy armor to start and running full heavy gear now. The first heavy armor perk also increases your armor rating by 20% and you can take it several times. Either 3 or 5, i forget ... so by the end of the game i will be running weightless heavy armor that is 60-100% stronger than rating.

also going to try and get some Poison bow/sneak attack action going on. You can get 6x damage with that perk but it will take a lot of grinding.

Mr. Laz 11-15-2011 11:25 PM

This constant menu usage for weapons and spells is annoying.

The didn't want a hotbar/taskbar getting in the way of their pretty trees so you can't just click the weapons/spells you want. so they embedded everything. Then because they embedded everything they had to try and get cute and have the game try to remember the combinations you used. The next time you equip XXX spell the game automatically equips the same sword you used with that spell. Annoying as ****.

If you adapt your weapons to every situation you have to go back and and take off the stupid crap the computer chose for you and put the stuff you want. As spells don't override the weapon the computer chose either. If you choose fire for the left hand, the computer puts a sword in your right hand. You can't just click on another spell for the right hand UNTIL you unequip sword. Grrrrrrrrr.

all because they wanted the game pretty more than functional

Hammock Parties 11-16-2011 07:21 AM

I will probably look into heavy armor in a few levels since I can craft daedric stuff now.

Buying hearts is expensive though, and they rarely drop in loot.

Already got to see what all the stuff looks like though and it is really badass looking.

Unfortunately I am not going to abandon my iron helmet as it has a 25% archery bonus....so until I learn to enchant better I have to keep it.

Hammock Parties 11-16-2011 08:41 AM

http://i.imgur.com/FeWvC.png

jspchief 11-16-2011 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8114877)

The didn't want a hotbar/taskbar getting in the way of their pretty trees so you can't just click the weapons/spells you want. so they embedded everything. Then because they embedded everything they had to try and get cute and have the game try to remember the combinations you used. The next time you equip XXX spell the game automatically equips the same sword you used with that spell. Annoying as ****.

If you adapt your weapons to every situation you have to go back and and take off the stupid crap the computer chose for you and put the stuff you want. As spells don't override the weapon the computer chose either. If you choose fire for the left hand, the computer puts a sword in your right hand. You can't just click on another spell for the right hand UNTIL you unequip sword. Grrrrrrrrr.

The UI has been the main complaint I've heard. Apparently it's better suited for an Xbox controller. /shrug

Blankey 11-16-2011 08:56 AM

I was using the 360 controller at first, but now I prefer the mouse/keyboard with the 1-8 hotkeys.

Frazod 11-16-2011 10:58 AM

Hot keys would definitely be a plus, or at least some better way of switching between weapons/spells.

Up to level 26 now - decked out in glass armor and enchanting shit like a madman. :rockon:

Fire Me Boy! 11-16-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8115149)
The UI has been the main complaint I've heard. Apparently it's better suited for an Xbox controller. /shrug

Entirely possible. I'm on an xBox and have no complaints.

WhitiE 11-16-2011 11:53 AM

Why the Hell did I buy this game? It's all I wanna play now

Blankey 11-16-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8115398)
Hot keys would definitely be a plus, or at least some better way of switching between weapons/spells.

Dude there are hotkeys. Press Q to bring up favorites menu, hover your mouse over weapon/spell, and press 1-8

WhiteWhale 11-16-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blankey (Post 8115165)
I was using the 360 controller at first, but now I prefer the mouse/keyboard with the 1-8 hotkeys.

Hotkeys are the only reason I'm not using my X-box controller. The interface seems designed for the X-box controller.

Mr. Laz 11-16-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8115398)
Up to level 26 now :rockon:

:hail::hail::hail:

wow ... i'm still only at level 9

Mr. Laz 11-16-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blankey (Post 8115705)
Dude there are hotkeys. Press Q to bring up favorites menu, hover your mouse over weapon/spell, and press 1-8

does it hotkey combinations or just 1 weapon

clearly the menu is designed to for consoles and PC so they don't need a port.

no paper doll picture for you armor and crap like most games because the paper doll mouse click stuff isn't as console friendly.

Mr. Laz 11-16-2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8114877)

last night i was getting my ass kicked by giants so i was really pissed at the menu at the time.

can you tell? :)

Frazod 11-16-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blankey (Post 8115705)

No shit. Serves me right for never reading the instructions. :doh!:

Thanks.

Frazod 11-16-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8115822)
:hail::hail::hail:

wow ... i'm still only at level 9

Your wife is probably still speaking to you, too. :D

Mr. Laz 11-16-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8115841)
Your wife is probably still speaking to you, too. :D

i WILL catch you

i'm not going to be outdone by some rat bastige MUron.

:thumb:

Buck 11-16-2011 01:26 PM

I'm up to level 24 I think and I didn't play pretty much at all for the last 20 hours.

I went out and chased some tail last night and ended up sleeping about 40 miles from my house.

It's okay Skyrim. I'm back. I can never quit you. You are my one true love.

Hammock Parties 11-16-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8115853)
I'm up to level 24 I think and I didn't play pretty much at all for the last 20 hours.

I went out and chased some tail last night and ended up sleeping about 40 miles from my house.

It's okay Skyrim. I'm back. I can never quit you. You are my one true love.

Remember to install naked mods.

Frazod 11-16-2011 01:34 PM

I'm developing a thing for Lydia - sure she's stupid and occasionally spoils my sneak attacks, and sets off EVERY SINGLE PRESSURE TRAP IN THE GAME OVER AND OVER AND OVER :banghead: but she's quiet, dutiful, hauls my stuff and has great eyes. I have her decked out in super duper Orcish armor. She actually does a good bit of damage with a staff and sword.

Hammock Parties 11-16-2011 01:36 PM

Are you playing on an Xbox?

Sucks to be you.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/F2VaPTCQzss?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sofa King 11-16-2011 01:36 PM

Hopefully i'll be getting this in the next couple of days.

Frazod 11-16-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8115848)
i WILL catch you

i'm not going to be outdone by some rat bastige MUron.

:thumb:

Heh. You may get your shot - at some point I'm going to have to take a night a night or two off and spend some quality spousal time.

That disapproving scowl is getting worse.

Hammock Parties 11-16-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8115880)
That disapproving scowl is getting worse.

Your wife scowls at you while you're playing games?

:spock:

Frazod 11-16-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 8115888)

After five straight days.... yeah.

I mean, it's not like she sits there scowling at me continuously, just on those rare occasions when she walks into the den and I actually look up from the monitor.

The Franchise 11-16-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8115878)
Hopefully i'll be getting this in the next couple of days.

You better not let MW3 hear you say that.

Sofa King 11-16-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8115900)
You better not let MW3 hear you say that.

Maybe if MW3 would pay a little more attention i wouldn't be looking for a little side action.

NewChief 11-16-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 8115888)

It's actually difficult for you to understand why a woman wouldn't want her husband sitting around gaming every spare moment he's at home?

Sofa King 11-16-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8115941)
It's actually difficult for you to understand why a woman wouldn't want her husband sitting around gaming every spare moment he's at home?

I would venture to guess Clay is mocking frazod in a playful manner...

Frazod 11-16-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8115941)

We've lived together for 14 years and been married for 10. She knows how I get when a really good kick ass game like this comes out (I certainly don't react this way to all of them) and doesn't give me any shit about it for the first few days.

But those first few days are pretty much over at this point.

Mr. Laz 11-16-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8115873)
I'm developing a thing for Lydia - sure she's stupid and occasionally spoils my sneak attacks, and sets off EVERY SINGLE PRESSURE TRAP IN THE GAME OVER AND OVER AND OVER :banghead: but she's quiet, dutiful, hauls my stuff and has great eyes. I have her decked out in super duper Orcish armor. She actually does a good bit of damage with a staff and sword.

She's dead, the vampire horde killed her.

:(

NewChief 11-16-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8115962)
We've lived together for 14 years and been married for 10. She knows how I get when a really good kick ass game like this comes out (I certainly don't react this way to all of them) and doesn't give me any shit about it for the first few days.

But those first few days are pretty much over at this point.

Before children, I spent a lot of time gaming. Now, I can't really justify it even to myself, much less my wife. Maybe as our kids get older, it will allow more time for it. I have a tendency to really go overboard when I start gaming, though.

My outlet right now is a tabletop DnD session every other week, and I love it. Some of the people I game with, though.. wow. They're a couple without kids. They play in about 4 different tabletop groups. She was in the Beta of ToR this weekend. He's playing Skyrim. They've got Zelda on preorder as well as Assassin's Creed. Listening to them talk about gaming, I don't see how there are enough hours in the day for the two of them to do so much damned gaming. Then I remember that they don't have little kids.

Frazod 11-16-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8115986)
She's dead, the vampire horde killed her.

:(

She died on me a couple of times, too, but I just went back to my last save.

Sofa King 11-16-2011 04:12 PM

http://3.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/81/3...13516c76b0.jpg

Hammock Parties 11-16-2011 07:35 PM

I drank a lot of tea.

Hammock Parties 11-16-2011 08:03 PM

shit just got real

http://i.imgur.com/3xFUU.jpg