ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games XBox 360 General Discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150892)

JaMarcus Russell 05-16-2007 08:03 PM

I heard Madden 08 is going to suport cooperative play. Anyone heard if this feature will be avaiable online against too other players? that would be awesome.

Archie Bunker 05-16-2007 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaMarcus Russell
I heard Madden 08 is going to suport cooperative play. Anyone heard if this feature will be avaiable online against too other players? that would be awesome.

Good question. It would be sweet if was.

Silock 05-16-2007 09:25 PM

Add me to your Xbox 360 list:

DJSilock

kcxiv 05-16-2007 10:03 PM

kcxiv is my gamer tag, mostly play MLB2k7 and sometimes GoW.

Bowser 05-17-2007 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
The most common error producing 3 red lights is power supply.

Make sure the power brick is up off the carpet and well-ventilated. There's an LED on the brick itself that should be green if it's in proper condition.

That did the trick. The installers that put my system together shoved the brick under the TV stand, on the carpet.

I went out and bought the fan to clip on the back, just for good measure.

DrNick 05-17-2007 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
I went out and bought the fan to clip on the back, just for good measure.

Careful with that fan...since it sits between your power supply and your console, it will singe the inside housing where the power cord plugs in. If your console fails, and M$ sees this evidence, they will not repair your console, and will void your warranty for using "unlicensed third party products".

You'd be better off going with a laptop type USB powered cooler. Get something that will sit underneath your 360, (when it's horizontal) because that's where all of the air vents out. It's the hottest point of the system.

Bowser 05-17-2007 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrNick
Careful with that fan...since it sits between your power supply and your console, it will singe the inside housing where the power cord plugs in. If your console fails, and M$ sees this evidence, they will not repair your console, and will void your warranty for using "unlicensed third party products".

You'd be better off going with a laptop type USB powered cooler. Get something that will sit underneath your 360, (when it's horizontal) because that's where all of the air vents out. It's the hottest point of the system.

Interesting. It's always something, isn't it? :shake:

Best Buy had both for sale, but I went with the Intercooler because I have my console laying horizontal. Only way it would fit with the setup I have.

kcxiv 05-17-2007 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaMarcus Russell

Madden has been a waste of 60 bucks for the last few years.

kcxiv 05-17-2007 12:39 PM

The new Xbox live arcade game thats free for download is fun as hell. I think someone mentioned it on these forums. I was playing for quite a few hours lastnight. Well until my eyes started watering from looking at the game

htismaqe 05-17-2007 05:53 PM

Quote:

Interesting. It's always something, isn't it? :shake:

Best Buy had both for sale, but I went with the Intercooler because I have my console laying horizontal. Only way it would fit with the setup I have.

You might want to read this:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=160224

Just an FYI, but I too run horizontal, so none of the other fans fit.

I went and bought 2 of these. I cut them each in half and placed one piece under each of the 4 corners.

Haven't had a freeze of any kind since.

Bowser 05-20-2007 05:26 PM

Quote:

You might want to read this:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=160224

Just an FYI, but I too run horizontal, so none of the other fans fit.

I went and bought 2 of http://www.archivalsuppliers.com/images/Picture%2520970.jpg]these[/url]. I cut them each in half and placed one piece under each of the 4 corners.

Haven't had a freeze of any kind since.

Christ. I can't win.

So just elevating your Xbox has kept it running? Mine sits inside of an entertainment center in a space that's just a little larger than the Xbox, so there isn't exactly a ton of air flow through there. My power brick sits outside the center on a level surface above the carpet, so there shouldn't be a problem there.

Bowser 05-20-2007 05:31 PM

Another thing, htis - how often did you fire your Xbox up with the Intercooler? Due to work, I've been reduced to a sporadic gamer on the Xbox.

htismaqe 05-20-2007 08:40 PM

Quote:

Christ. I can't win.

So just elevating your Xbox has kept it running? Mine sits inside of an entertainment center in a space that's just a little larger than the Xbox, so there isn't exactly a ton of air flow through there. My power brick sits outside the center on a level surface above the carpet, so there shouldn't be a problem there.

The hottest part of the system is underneath the DVD drive. Elevating it makes a WORLD of difference.

htismaqe 05-20-2007 08:41 PM

Quote:

Another thing, htis - how often did you fire your Xbox up with the Intercooler? Due to work, I've been reduced to a sporadic gamer on the Xbox.

It really didn't have anything to do with the length of time the system was on, at least not in the end before I got rid of it.

icepick64 05-30-2007 05:59 PM

So what have ya'll been playing? Any Halo 3 beta impressions? Anyone pick up shadowrun or forza 2?

htismaqe 05-30-2007 06:24 PM

I've actually been playing Star Trek Legacy. I'm way behind. :D

Adept Havelock 05-30-2007 06:26 PM

Quote:

I've actually been playing Star Trek Legacy. I'm way behind. :D

I enjoy it, but the interface to control other ships is a pain.

I prefer "Starfleet Command:Orion Pirates" for this type of game.

scorpio 05-31-2007 07:26 AM

Star Trek Legacy is at least 500 easy gamerscore points, but it was kinda fun. Only two somewhat difficult missions, the asteroid one and the last one.

htismaqe 05-31-2007 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adept Havelock
I enjoy it, but the interface to control other ships is a pain.

I prefer "Starfleet Command:Orion Pirates" for this type of game.

ROFL

I asked some people in this thread like 4 months ago if Legacy was anything like SFC. I played SFC II for a couple of years solid. The community-created add-ons were always a blast.

I really enjoyed Legacy, but games that REQUIRE on-line play to get achievements really piss me off.

Adept Havelock 05-31-2007 03:38 PM

Quote:

ROFL

I asked some people in this thread like 4 months ago if Legacy was anything like SFC. I played SFC II for a couple of years solid. The community-created add-ons were always a blast.

I really enjoyed Legacy, but games that REQUIRE on-line play to get achievements really piss me off.

Ever try the Chris Frost Multi-Era mod for SFC II:OP? That thing had just about everything from all eras, and some nice cameos from other series/movies.

htismaqe 05-31-2007 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adept Havelock
Ever try the Chris Frost Multi-Era mod for SFC II:OP? That thing had just about everything from all eras, and some nice cameos from other series/movies.

The mod I used most was the TNG Mod for SFC III by Chris Jones. It had like 300 ships...

ZootedGranny 05-31-2007 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icepick64
So what have ya'll been playing? Any Halo 3 beta impressions? Anyone pick up shadowrun or forza 2?

I'm sure when you asked that question, the bullshit I'm about to type didn't come to mind, but you're getting it anyway!

Catan (XBLA): incredibly fun board game that inspires the same hatred for the computer AI that Uno does. Nothing like calling Sun Tzu a **** because he rolled a 7 and then played a Monopoly card, taking all of your wool and crippling your ability to build a settlement or buy a development card.

Pinball FX (XBLA): one of my top 3 favorite XBLA games. I think the ball weight feels a little off, but everything else is so well done that it plays great. My one complaint would be that there aren't enough tables. It comes with 3, and one is a complete waste of time.

Crackdown: I love the game, but I'm glad to be completely done with it. 1250/1250 achievement points, with the orb noise at one point taking up so much room in my head that I'd hear it when not even playing Crackdown.

Earth Defense Force 2017: I really liked this game, up until I started playing on Inferno, the hardest difficulty. I'm a "completionist," so while I'm having zero fun playing the game, I'm compelled to finish it just to be one of the hundred or so people that have beaten it legitimately.

Guitar Hero II: I felt like King Shit of **** Mountain after destroying Medium, but Hard is an entirely different beast. You quickly realize that the jump from Easy to Medium isn't as large as Medium to Hard. I've hit a wall about 5 tiers into it, but I still play YYZ religiously, trying to master it. It's my GHII "Cowboys from Hell."

Eets Chowdown (XBLA): This is a Lemmings-esque puzzler that is actually less entertaining than the mini game that comes with the game, Marsho Madness. I guarantee Klei Entertainment would've made much more money had they released Marsho Madness for $5 seperately.

Halo 3 Beta: I love the game, and hate the people that play it. Fortunately, Bungie made muting idiots a breeze, but that doesn't solve all of the problems.

There isn't much to say about it, other than it's Halo 2 but better. Less autoaim, better weapon balance, so on and so forth. My major complaint is that the Warthog can take far too much damage. If you have a capable gunner and a driver that doesn't stop, you can torment the other team without much recourse. The best option is to be burdened with carrying a plasma pistol so you can disable the engine.

I will say though, last night I got into a custom game and it was a BLAST. The amount of variables you can change is amazing, from player weight & speed, to what damage weapons do, shield levels, etc. I played a Slayer match on Valhalla that was basically an Unreal Tournament match. We were running around at Mach 5, floating through the air sniping each other.

Forza 2: I've only put a few hours into it, but I really like it.

Ultra Peanut 06-01-2007 08:41 AM

http://inmyexperience.com/downloads/forza2_rocket.mov

Ultra Peanut 06-02-2007 10:08 AM

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mY5qJHZCz2I"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mY5qJHZCz2I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Bowser 06-02-2007 11:24 AM

The Half Life2 Orange Box set can't get here fast enough.

-Half Life2 Ep. One AND Two

-Portal

-Team Fortress 2

Yeah, that'll do.

kcxiv 06-04-2007 01:53 AM

'Mad Tricks" on xboxlive is a great damn game. Your like a hotwheel on a race track mixed with a little Mario Kart action. Great game, Me and a bud of mines were playing on xboxlive til about 2am lastnight.

Ultra Peanut 07-07-2007 09:36 PM

Holy God, Forza is ****ing fun.

And I'll never do anything more than suck at making paint jobs, but it's still an enjoyable experience.

http://content.imagesocket.com/thumb...k_I_Can58a.jpg

http://content.imagesocket.com/thumbs/06_DRHOUSE66a.jpg

http://content.imagesocket.com/thumbs/Inter_16a7.jpg

Sam Hall 07-07-2007 09:53 PM

The demo for NCAA Football 08 is rumored to be released on July 10. The game comes out on July 17. Here are top 25 team rankings and impact players:

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6173598/index.html

ZootedGranny 07-07-2007 10:21 PM

Hopefully it does come out the 10th. It's definitely coming out next week, along with many other games, due to E3.

I know Ace Combat 6's demo has been confirmed, and I'm really looking forward to it.

KCChiefsMan 07-08-2007 01:23 PM

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/kcchiefsman.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">kcchiefsman</iframe>

QuikSsurfer 07-08-2007 02:11 PM

anyone download the BlackSite Area51 demo?
looks promising

kcxiv 07-08-2007 03:07 PM

I downloaded the Overlord Demo, game seems kind of fun, but i dont have much cash right now, and what i got i am saving for APF2k8 on the 17th.

I wanna get Forza and Top Spin 2. Demo was a blast for both of them games.

htismaqe 07-09-2007 05:15 PM

I downloaded Overlord too. Looks like a freaking blast...

JBucc 07-09-2007 09:16 PM

The NCAA demo is supposed to drop and 4 in the morning tomorrow, or so they say. Is 2k gonna release a demo?

kcxiv 07-09-2007 09:17 PM

2k is, but i dont know when exactly. It may be tomorrow morning if NCAA is doing it. Who knows.

kcxiv 07-09-2007 10:31 PM

Where did you get the info about the ncaa demo dropping?

Sam Hall 07-09-2007 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv
Where did you get the info about the ncaa demo dropping?

It's a well known rumor that somebody close to EA said the demo was coming out tomorrow. Are demos always released on Tuesday?

kcxiv 07-10-2007 03:06 AM

Its up for download at 2am pst just like he said. :)

Downloading now to get the early jump on it. Stayed up to late for this. heh

ZootedGranny 07-10-2007 06:58 AM

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...orn02/360s.jpg

Quote:

Joyst1q:
We don't know exactly what this means ... heck, we don't know what it means at all, but we thought it was too cool to not pass along to you. Eagle-eyed (and quick screen-grabbing) reader Rickard Gudbrand sent us a screen capture he took while looking through Gamerscore Blog's flickr photos of Microsoft's E3 rehearsal. The image shows the three Xbox 360 SKUs we all know and love, in addition to a mysterious fourth wheel that appears to be a gray 360. Making the whole thing even weirder, after Gudbrand commented on the photos' four boxes, the pic (and others showing the stage) appear to have been removed.

So ... what is it? As you can see in the image, the box seems to be on the opposite end of the spectrum from the Elite, which maybe indicates that it's at the opposite end of the pricing spectrum too. We heard about some new, cheaper production methods for the 360, could this be a low-priced model taking advantage of that? We'll hopefully find out tonight.
Possible $200 system with hard drive?

JBucc 07-10-2007 10:43 AM

Quick thoughts about the demo:

-Very smooth and much better animations than last year
-The blocking is great, I can actually return punts!
-The play call screen is tiny, don't like it.
-Calling defensive adjustements, adjusting routes etc. is still a clumsy. They need to go back to like it was on the old gen.
-Having to hit up on the Right Stick to see the play=annoying as hell
-I hope they bumped up the fumble rate for the demo, cause they'res way to many of them. 2 min quarters and I'm still getting 3 or 4 a game.
-I returned a kick for a TD, and on the last 15 yards or so you could see your player start to chug as he tired.
-No more phantom sacks and you can still throw under pressure instead of your QB freezing up as he goes into a sack animation.
-You won't be able to constantly roll out or scramble with non running QB's anymore. The QB's seem slower and DE's are very good about chasing you down, and this is just on varsity mode.

Ultra Peanut 07-10-2007 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc
-The play call screen is tiny, don't like it.

Play selection is just painful. I'll get used to it, but it's just really awkward. If I had an SDTV, though, I'd be pissed.

Quote:

-I returned a kick for a TD, and on the last 15 yards or so you could see your player start to chug as he tired.
I'm really looking forward to seeing how dynamic fatigue affects games.

Quote:

-You won't be able to constantly roll out or scramble with non running QB's anymore. The QB's seem slower and DE's are very good about chasing you down, and this is just on varsity mode.
Yeah, I tried to test this out by calling a pass in shotgun and trying to run outside, and I got absolutely destroyed within a tenth of a second of hitting RT. Awesome.

kcxiv 07-10-2007 02:27 PM

It seems like Madden to me, but it did seem better. The controls were a bit better. Its not a bad game. I may rent it when it drops though. Thinking of starting gamefly back up. It may be worth a gamefly too hehe. Wasnt to impressed with running the ball though. Will have to play it a bit more this evening.

KCChiefsMan 07-10-2007 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut
Holy God, Forza is ****ing fun.

And I'll never do anything more than suck at making paint jobs, but it's still an enjoyable experience.

http://content.imagesocket.com/thumb...k_I_Can58a.jpg

http://content.imagesocket.com/thumbs/06_DRHOUSE66a.jpg

http://content.imagesocket.com/thumbs/Inter_16a7.jpg

ya I got Forza a couple weeks ago, it's fun but a little repetitive after a while, but it's a sim and knew that going in. But it is awesome!

KCChiefsMan 07-10-2007 03:18 PM

I'm downloading NCAA right now, I can't wait to get this and start up a dynasty! anybody know of any good deals going on with this game? sometimes Circuit City/best buy whatever offers something with a new popular game

JBucc 07-10-2007 03:19 PM

The only problem with Forza is there's not enough tracks. They should do what GT did and make some up. I practicaly can drive through the high speed ring with my eyes closed.

Archie Bunker 07-10-2007 03:39 PM

Might be the best stretch of games in awhile.

NCAA Football 08
APF 2K8
Nascar 08
Madden 08
Halo 3
GTA IV

I'm sure I missed a few but that is enough to keep me busy for a good stretch.

QuikSsurfer 07-10-2007 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker
Might be the best stretch of games in awhile.

NCAA Football 08
APF 2K8
Nascar 08
Madden 08
Halo 3
GTA IV

I'm sure I missed a few but that is enough to keep me busy for a good stretch.

add Two Worlds and Bioshock

Ebolapox 07-10-2007 03:53 PM

I will say this about ncaa 2007... the draft class for the first year of the dynasty SUCKED... calvin johnson came out into madden 07 franchise, and was only a 75 OVR... jamarcus russell was a 67 OVR... sh*t, all of the first round picks other than brady quinn SUCKED in the draft class...

kcxiv 07-10-2007 03:58 PM

Missed Mass Effect

QuikSsurfer 07-10-2007 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv
Missed Mass Effect

this game looks awesome.. no release date yet.. hopefully that'll change after tonights show :)

KCChiefsMan 07-10-2007 04:04 PM

ok, just played NCAA 08 the demo. Well, that had to be on easy mode but as far as the look and feel of the game...same game different year. I noticed it still hasn't fixed the things that have annoyed me for the past 4 or 5 years. I played Michigan against USC

-I had 1 80 yd TD un on 4 & 1 against goaline straight up the middle
-2 INT return for a TD
-1 kickoff return for a TD
-One of those WRs catch a 10 yard pass on double coverage and kind of circle around both of those and run the rest of the way for the TD which was about 60 yards
-Safeties and defenders still head straight for the ball carier instead of running toward the direction they are going and not let them run all the way for the TD
-I did notice that when you throw the deep ball you can defend it at least
-blitzing really didn't seem to have any effect

just seems like they keep coming up with the same game with a different cover each year and adding one or two new little features.

But I hope it will be more realistic on the harder levels and I'm going to get it anyways

Ultra Peanut 07-10-2007 05:00 PM

BioShock
Mass Effect
Halo 3
HL2 Orange Box (w/ Portal and TF2)
GTA IV
Mercenaries 2
Beautiful Katamari
Devil May Cry 4
Blue Dragon
Assassin's Creed
Rock Band
Left 4 Dead

Plus:

Ace Combat 6
Kane & Lynch
Two Worlds
skate
PGR 4
Burnout Paradise
Lost Odyssey
Army of Two
Stranglehold
Clive Barker's Jericho
Blacksite: Area 51

ZootedGranny 07-10-2007 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan
I'm downloading NCAA right now, I can't wait to get this and start up a dynasty! anybody know of any good deals going on with this game? sometimes Circuit City/best buy whatever offers something with a new popular game

It's full price at Circuit City, but when you buy it you get a $10 gift card.

QuikSsurfer 07-10-2007 09:05 PM

Quote:

BioShock
Mass Effect
Halo 3
GTA IV
Mercenaries 2
Beautiful Katamari
Devil May Cry 4
Blue Dragon
Assassin's Creed
Rock Band
Left 4 Dead

Plus:

Ace Combat 6
Kane & Lynch
Two Worlds
skate
PGR 4
Burnout Paradise
Lost Odyssey
Army of Two
Stranglehold
Clive Barker's Jericho

forgot about Jericho
Silent Hill 5 (my fav game series minus shenmue) is also rumored to be out this year for the 360

KCChiefsMan 07-10-2007 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny
It's full price at Circuit City, but when you buy it you get a $10 gift card.

sweet thanks man! I'll go and try to get it there then

Ultra Peanut 07-10-2007 09:17 PM

This G4 pre-conference chatter seems to be strongly implying MGS or Final Fantasy being mentioned during the Microsoft press conference...

JBucc 07-10-2007 09:19 PM

If MGS4 comes to 360 I will piss myself

Kraus 07-10-2007 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc
If MGS4 comes to 360 I will piss myself

That would probably be the nail in the PS3's coffin.

ZootedGranny 07-10-2007 09:27 PM

Quote:

This G4 pre-conference chatter seems to be strongly implying MGS or Final Fantasy being mentioned during the Microsoft press conference...

The "Japanese guest" has to be either Itagaki, showing off Ninja Gaiden 2, or Kojima announcing MGS4 coming to 360.

And from the Harmonix flyer announcing their party after the MS conference, it looks like Rock Band may be a timed exclusive.

Ultra Peanut 07-10-2007 11:19 PM

Blue Dragon demo is up.

QuikSsurfer 07-10-2007 11:20 PM

Quote:

Blue Dragon demo is up.

and at 1.13 gb

Pants 07-12-2007 01:53 AM

Quote:

BioShock
Mass Effect
Halo 3
GTA IV
Mercenaries 2
Beautiful Katamari
Devil May Cry 4
Blue Dragon
Assassin's Creed
Rock Band
Left 4 Dead

Plus:

Ace Combat 6
Kane & Lynch
Two Worlds
skate
PGR 4
Burnout Paradise
Lost Odyssey
Army of Two
Stranglehold
Clive Barker's Jericho

No Too Human?

htismaqe 07-12-2007 09:49 AM

Quote:

-I had 1 80 yd TD un on 4 & 1 against goaline straight up the middle

Very realistic. I don't understand why people bitch about this. It happened in preseason against the Seahawks with LJ a couple of years ago - any time you bring the safeties up you increase the probability of stuffing a run for no gain, but you simulataneously increase the chance that the RB gets past the line and there's nobody there to tackle him.

Quote:

-2 INT return for a TD

A little disconcerting given the issues with last year's game in this regard.

Quote:

-1 kickoff return for a TD

No biggie, since the demo is probably on default difficulty.

Quote:

-One of those WRs catch a 10 yard pass on double coverage and kind of circle around both of those and run the rest of the way for the TD which was about 60 yards

Can't comment on this one, would have to actually see it to see if it was cheesy or not.

Quote:

-Safeties and defenders still head straight for the ball carier instead of running toward the direction they are going and not let them run all the way for the TD

Difficulty levels and sliders definitely help with this sort of thing.

Quote:

-I did notice that when you throw the deep ball you can defend it at least

That's good news.

Quote:

-blitzing really didn't seem to have any effect

Probably a function of the teams you were using. Both have great offensive lines.

Quote:

just seems like they keep coming up with the same game with a different cover each year and adding one or two new little features.

Very true. However, this game doesn't need a complete overhaul like Madden does...

Ultra Peanut 07-12-2007 09:55 AM

The gameplay in 07 was pretty decent, it was just the barebones experience that killed it. The demo shows a step up in the gameplay department, especially with regards to the really nice responsiveness of the players. Like hitting down on the right stick and instantly having my defender go for the legs. The game really seems much better in a lot of subtle areas, and the new features in Dynasty/Campus Legend are really going to add a lot of depth to the overall experience. I'm really looking forward to it.

The Blue Dragon demo, on the other hand, was pretty disappointing. If I try a JRPG this fall, it's definitely going to be Trusty Bell/Eternal Sonata (there's a demo on the Japanese marketplace, but it's entirely done in English). Way more involving and engrossing than Blue Dragon in just about every facet.

On the bright side, the Ace Combat 6 demo is a ton of fun, and Stuntman: Ignition is also up; should be great, as long as there aren't too many deviations from the first game aside from better load times.

htismaqe 07-12-2007 09:58 AM

Quote:

The gameplay in 07 was pretty decent, it was just the barebones experience that killed it.

I agree.

The on-the-field game itself was probably the best football game I've ever played.

But it really lacked the college football "atmosphere".

JBucc 07-12-2007 09:59 AM

Ace Combat is awesome. It's so perty.

The more I play NCAA the more I like it. Next year they need to work on presentation like they worked on gameplay this year. My biggest issue on the demo is the fumbles, and from what a few people who have the full game have said it's not an issue in the full version.

Archie Bunker 07-12-2007 10:43 AM

Pretty impressed with Ace Combat. Hooked on Sonic again.

Kraus 07-12-2007 11:44 AM

Ace Combat is sweet, but not much has changed since the last gen. of AC titles. I was hoping planes would actually break apart into pieces when hit by a missle. And for God's sake, why can't they come up with an original story?

Always starts with some country getting bombed, you must shoot down the bombers....then the superweapon comes....then you find out the war was setup by a third party, etc.

NewChief 07-12-2007 12:10 PM

This may be old news, but MS just released a special X-Box (just aesthetics) to go along with the Halo3 release:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/...lo3console.htm

It looks pretty sweet:
http://www.xbox.com/NR/rdonlyres/5FE...goosehero2.jpg

JBucc 07-12-2007 12:17 PM

Pfft, that is so two days ago.

htismaqe 07-14-2007 05:58 AM

Just played the NCAA 08 demo.

Love what they added as far as tackling and blocking animations. More than one guy can actually participate in a tackle, and the pass rushing moves are suh-weet.

Ultra Peanut 07-14-2007 11:38 AM

I strongly suggest the NCAA, Ace Combat, and Stuntman demos. They're all extremely fun.

KcMizzou 07-14-2007 03:47 PM

Just got home with "DiRT" and "The Darkness".

Getting ready to try them out now.

QuikSsurfer 07-14-2007 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou

i'm heard mixed reviews on The Darkness
give us a review after u've had a chance to sit down w/it

Mr. Arrowhead 07-14-2007 04:07 PM

Just a couple days until NCAA 08 comes out, cant wait

Bowser 07-14-2007 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou

Let us know what you think about The Darkness. I thought about grabbing that, but wanted to get some reviews first.

Mr. Arrowhead 07-14-2007 04:17 PM

just got my x box 360 last week
My gamer tag is Mr. Arrowhead

Bowser 07-14-2007 04:24 PM

Quote:

Let us know what you think about The Darkness.

And give us a review on this, too.....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6-4VOLeKBOw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6-4VOLeKBOw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Bowser 07-14-2007 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead
just got my x box 360 last week
My gamer tag is Mr. Arrowhead

Welcome to the Planet, btw.

KcMizzou 07-14-2007 06:42 PM

Quote:

Let us know what you think about The Darkness. I thought about grabbing that, but wanted to get some reviews first.

First impressions...

The story is great. It's very cinematic. Good voice acting. I dig the whole Mob/occult vibe. Instead of loading screens, the main character talks about what led up to all this. It's really cool, works well, and always keeps me interested. Basically if I couldn't play the game at all, I'd still love to watch the cut scenes as a movie. It's really that good. (so far)

It's Goodfellas, meets The Crow, meets Venom from the Spiderman comics.

The controls seem a bit "wonky" to me.. I'm having a hard time with it so far, but I've never been much of an FPS guy. Also, I need to sit down and read the manual cover to cover, I find myself saying, "How the hell do I do that?"

I really need to spend more time with it to give an informed opinion... and the story and concept are good enough that I'm sure I will.