ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   CUT RICH SCANLON NOW! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105826)

|Zach| 12-06-2004 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75
More than you will ever know.

I am going to respectfully call bullshit on that.

You have shown to not understand how football players are evaluated and put on the depth chart.

|Zach| 12-06-2004 09:58 PM

Quote:

Is that what you call your Jr High Fantasy league ? ROFL

Actully its what I call the USA Today National Top 25 football program I played in. The same one that let me play a football game in an NFL stadium.

chiefs4me 12-06-2004 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
Yep, either a sister or a groupie. Iowanian has been owning her all day. I missed all the fun. Had to work.

And I had a hard day of,,,,,shopping :thumb:

ROYC75 12-06-2004 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachKC
I am going to respectfully call bullshit on that.

You have shown to not understand how football players are evaluated and put on the depth chart.

Little Buddy, I have forgotten more about football than you will probally ever know !

Let this one go. :thumb:

Skip Towne 12-06-2004 09:59 PM

Quote:

Again, thats not how these things work.

Have you ever been in a football program or been around one?

Yeah, as opposed to your vast experience as a practice dummy on a high school team. Tell us all about how football programs work. This ought to be entertaining.

ROYC75 12-06-2004 10:00 PM

Quote:

Actully its what I call the USA Today National Top 25 football program I played in. The same one that let me play a football game in an NFL stadium.

OK, can of worms are out, let us know thy wisdom of the great top 25 program .

|Zach| 12-06-2004 10:00 PM

Quote:

Little Buddy, I have forgotten more about football than you will probally ever know !

Let this one go. :thumb:

Let this one go?

I think all you know is that this is a good line to hide the fact that you think you know more about football than I do.

It is easy to type it yet you have shown the reality to be far far from that.

David. 12-06-2004 10:00 PM

with a knife

Skip Towne 12-06-2004 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs4me
And I had a hard day of,,,,,shopping :thumb:

Hey, my ex has a black belt in shopping.

ROYC75 12-06-2004 10:02 PM

Quote:

Waiting ............

chiefs4me 12-06-2004 10:04 PM

Quote:

Someones pumping their chest,,,ROFL

ROYC75 12-06-2004 10:05 PM

Quote:

Someones pumping their chest,,,ROFL

Yep, and still no response from the guru .....

|Zach| 12-06-2004 10:06 PM

Quote:

OK, can of worms are out, let us know thy wisdom of the great top 25 program .

Thats the funny thing...it is just a high school team. And from being a part of it some of the things you are missing are just obvious to me.

Let me tell you about the Roy program...

Have training camp...

Practice every single day...

Only evaluate what is done in scrimmages or pre season games.

Bingo. New MLB.

ROYC75 12-06-2004 10:07 PM

Quote:

Thats the funny thing...it is just a high school team. And from being a part of it some of the things you are missing are just obvious to me.

Have training camp...

Bingo. New MLB.

Somebody is wishy washy tonight .... :hmmm:

|Zach| 12-06-2004 10:09 PM

Quote:

Somebody is wishy washy tonight .... :hmmm:

How so?

You have have basically conveyed that training camp and practice do not matter at all becuase you actully think Scanlon has not been given a chance.

If Scanlon has not been given a chance then how did Jarod Allen see the field. It seems as though both of those players were given chances. One made the best of it and one did not.

ROYC75 12-06-2004 10:09 PM

Good night guy, it was a fun thread and some good football takes....

I'm off to bed , gotta big day tomorrow !

ROYC75 12-06-2004 10:11 PM

Quote:

How so?

You have have basically conveyed that training camp and practice do not matter at all becuase you actully think Scanlon has not been given a chance.

If Scanlon has not been given a chance then how did Jarod Allen see the field. It seems as though both of those players were given chances. One made the best of it and one did not.

Good night Zach, I suggest you go back, re read this thread and allthe others, I have covered it the best I can, if you don't understand it now, younever will. If you or I continue to be headset in our own ways, we will never see the others opinions.

|Zach| 12-06-2004 10:12 PM

Quote:

Good night guy, it was a fun thread and some good football takes....

I'm off to bed , gotta big day tomorrow !

I didn't think you had an answer to my Jarod Allen question.

chiefs4me 12-06-2004 10:12 PM

Quote:

Have training camp...

Bingo. New MLB.

What?

KcMizzou 12-06-2004 10:12 PM

Quote:

What?

Huh?

KcMizzou 12-06-2004 10:13 PM

The first 10 pages of this thread were comedy gold.

chiefs4me 12-06-2004 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
Quiet. Men are talking.

:rolleyes:

ROYC75 12-06-2004 10:15 PM

Quote:

I didn't think you had an answer to my Jarod Allen question.

I have told you a hundred times, he played against 2nd and 3rd stringers too. The fact that Holiday was injury prone and sucking to start with , he was the guy they had pegged to replace him to start with. He got his chance much quicker. Why this has worked, is because the coaches has given him chances to play more. As bad as Mitchellis, Holiday was even worst after last years play and preseason this year.

If they had never given him the chance on the field, who he be playing ?

|Zach| 12-06-2004 10:17 PM

Quote:

I have told you a hundred times, he played against 2nd and 3rd stringers too. The fact that Holiday was injury prone and sucking to start with , he was the guy they had pegged to replace him to start with. He got his chance much quicker. Why this has worked, is because the coaches has given him chances to play more. As bad as Mitchellis, Holiday was even worst after last years play and preseason this year.

If they had never given him the chance on the field, who he be playing ?

So you still think the only way a player gets a chance is by playing in games. Fantastic. And you still are trying to convince us you have knowlege of football programs.

Skip Towne 12-06-2004 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
Quiet. Men are talking.

Hahahahahahahahaha. Good one. (Ask her if she knows what an H-back is)

ROYC75 12-06-2004 10:21 PM

Quote:

So you still think the only way a player gets a chance is by playing in games. Fantastic. And you still are trying to convince us you have knowlege of football programs.

So you are telling me Allen didn't play any preseason games, plus Holiday was a stud and not injured ?

What top 25 program was that you speak of ? :rolleyes:

ROYC75 12-06-2004 10:23 PM

Quote:

Where have I said this ? That it is the only way ?

Coach 12-06-2004 10:24 PM

Man, this was comedy stuff here. This thread does belong in the classics.

Miles 12-06-2004 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
The first 10 pages of this thread were comedy gold.

Yep, before it got serious again, it was some of the funniest shit i have read on here in a while.

ROYC75 12-06-2004 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach
Man, this was comedy stuff here. This thread does belong in the classics.

There was some good comedy and fun times. Now it's turning into a he said / he said thread.

Difference in opinions .

But tobe honest, this thread was started from a member who was frustrated on another post. The mere mention of Rich Scanlon brings out the best on this BB. ROFL

|Zach| 12-06-2004 10:28 PM

Quote:

So you are telling me Allen didn't play any preseason games, plus Holiday was a stud and not injured ?

What top 25 program was that you speak of ? :rolleyes:

So your reading comprehension is also poor.

|Zach| 12-06-2004 10:30 PM

Any time someone asks about why Scanlon should get a shot you mention pre season games. Thats it. Thats all you mention. Other people try to tell you that is not the end all decider in who starts. But still, all you talk is preseason.

You have yet to concede the idea that he doesn't look as good in practice and training camp as Mitchell and thats why he is on the bench and not playing...

Logical 12-06-2004 10:39 PM

Quote:

Any time someone asks about why Scanlon should get a shot you mention pre season games. Thats it. Thats all you mention. Other people try to tell you that is not the end all decider in who starts. But still, all you talk is preseason.

You have yet to concede the idea that he doesn't look as good in practice and training camp as Mitchell and thats why he is on the bench and not playing...

Zach in fairness we do not know that. My opinion only but even if Scanlon did practice better there is more than a decent chance that Mitchell would be getting the game time because the club has invested such a high draft pick in him. Most likely you are right, I am just pointing out we cannot know it as a fact.

ROYC75 12-06-2004 10:42 PM

Quote:

Dipshit, how can I concede it when I don't beleive it ?

I do believe Rich is better than Mitchell. Crap I would probally bet That Jones is better than Mitchell. But none of us has gotten a chance to see them , but limited plays, mostly from preseason.

How is it that Mitchell is so wonderful but yet you say he sucks ? Is this some of that evaluating skills you have from that famous top 25 high school program from years past on the east side of KC ?

If you were as good as you claim, you would have went to college to play ball or at the very least been a coach with that world of talent you recieved.

How many years were you a starter in high school ball ? All state ?

Look, let it go, we have a difference in opinions. Many have failed to answer why it is a bad thing to play other players when the current players suck, including you.

Iowanian 12-06-2004 10:44 PM

If the search function was working, I'd dig up TheBadGuy's comments from his coverage at Training camp and see what his opinions were on the LBs.

|Zach| 12-06-2004 10:48 PM

Quote:

Dipshit, how can I concede it when I don't beleive it ?

I do believe Rich is better than Mitchell. Crap I would probally bet That Jones is better than Mitchell. But none of us has gotten a chance to see them , but limited plays, mostly from preseason.

How is it that Mitchell is so wonderful but yet you say he sucks ? Is this some of that evaluating skills you have from that famous top 25 high school program from years past on the east side of KC ?

If you were as good as you claim, you would have went to college to play ball or at the very least been a coach with that world of talent you recieved.

How many years were you a starter in high school ball ? All state ?

Look, let it go, we have a difference in opinions. Many have failed to answer why it is a bad thing to play other players when the current players suck, including you.

I did not say I was an outstanding player. I said I was part of a program. I played on the defensive side and started my sienor year. I was a defensive lineman. I was only 5,9. Nobody that small is going to be a star at Blue Springs. I played along with many D-I players.

My mentioning had nothing to do with my skills as a football player. It had to do with the fact that being in that program gave me an understanding of how personal is chosen. What has to be done to get on the field. Your knowlege of how programs actully work just seems lacking. You can try to rip on me all you want. I am much more confident in my football knowlege when stacked up against yours...regardless of age.

Skip Towne 12-06-2004 10:50 PM

It amazes me that we have so many members of this board that are able to evaluate talent without ever seeing it. All the members of the anti LJ club are an example. And the Roys too. Anybody who argues about an unknown quantity is a maroon. End of story.

ROYC75 12-06-2004 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian
If the search function was working, I'd dig up TheBadGuy's comments from his coverage at Training camp and see what his opinions were on the LBs.

He got some pub, wasn't alot. BTA, the coaches were looking at Mitchell and Maz to see where they were at. DV said in camp early that Mitchell is getting lots of rep because he needs them. The was said long before I knew the name of Rich Scanlon.

With this being said, plus the fact that Maz was a last minute question if he would play leading into the final weeks of TC is where I base my opinion that Rich probally didn't get the equal chance or reps to compete for MLB. We all knew DV picked Mitchell and he wanted him to do well.

Again, it's my take, my opinion. Reasons being now is they don't get the reps in practice and most backup players are regulated to scout teams in practice.

Sorry guy, I have no faith or belief in Mitchell what so ever.

ROYC75 12-06-2004 10:54 PM

Quote:

I did not say I was an outstanding player. I said I was part of a program. I played on the defensive side and started my sienor year. I was a defensive lineman. I was only 5,9. Nobody that small is going to be a star at Blue Springs. I played along with many D-I players.

My mentioning had nothing to do with my skills as a football player. It had to do with the fact that being in that program gave me an understanding of how personal is chosen. What has to be done to get on the field. Your knowlege of how programs actully work just seems lacking. You can try to rip on me all you want. I am much more confident in my football knowlege when stacked up against yours...regardless of age.

Starter in 5 of the 6 years I played organized football, but that does not make the wizard compaired to your 1 year of mastery.

You got me Zack, you got me buddy ! :wayne:

Iowanian 12-06-2004 10:55 PM

Mitchell missed most of Camp with a pulled hamstring if I recall...........

I'm not very impressed with Mitchell at this point either, but the same arguement you're making for Scanlon about reps could be made for every scrub at Camp.

|Zach| 12-06-2004 10:56 PM

Quote:

Starter in 5 of the 6 years I played organized football, but that does not make the wizard compaired to your 1 year of mastery.

Would you have been a starter if you only did good in your scrimmages?

Logical 12-06-2004 10:57 PM

Quote:

You were in High School 6 years. Way to go Roy.:p

ROYC75 12-06-2004 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian
Mitchell missed most of Camp with a pulled hamstring if I recall...........

I'm not very impressed with Mitchell at this point either, but the same arguement you're making for Scanlon about reps could be made for every scrub at Camp.

Without a doubt Pete, many players take a year or 2 before either getting the real chance or gaining valuble experence in practices, TC, etc .. to get that shot.

Wilie Pile, IIRC is in his 3rd year right now, his 1st was TC and NFLE, I think.

I fully expect Rich to make it, again the NFLE will help him. It just bothers me that Mitchell is playing when I feel we have better on the bench.

|Zach| 12-06-2004 10:59 PM

Roy, so when Scanlon is cut will go on and talk about how wrong you are?

Because this is a pretty good deal, I bet you will just talk about how stupid the Chief's coaches are.

I mean what does Gunther Cunningham know compares to your 6 years of playing.

KcMizzou 12-06-2004 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav

9th grade was the toughest 3 years of Roy's life...

:D

ROYC75 12-06-2004 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav

ROFL I didn't say HS ........ 2 years LL, 2 JR High and 3 of the 4 HS.

But syiil Zach is the master. We shall :wayne: to the Zackster !

tk13 12-06-2004 11:00 PM

Oh yeah, you arrogant jock football players, I bet none of you can teach the finer points of the 2-3 matchup zone! :)

ROYC75 12-06-2004 11:00 PM

Hey Pete, Mitchell had the injury last year, not this year.

|Zach| 12-06-2004 11:01 PM

Quote:

But syiil Zach is the master. We shall :wayne: to the Zackster !

So you must think you are better at evaluating LB talent than Gunther Cunningham. No?

KcMizzou 12-06-2004 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
Oh yeah, you arrogant jock football players, I bet none of you can teach the finer points of the 2-3 matchup zone! :)

Or match you question for question in Ken Jennings trivia...

|Zach| 12-06-2004 11:01 PM

Quote:

Hey Pete, Mitchell had the injury last year, not this year.

He was also injured this year.

ROYC75 12-06-2004 11:02 PM

Quote:

Roy, so when Scanlon is cut will go on and talk about how wrong you are?

Because this is a pretty good deal, I bet you will just talk about how stupid the Chief's coaches are.

I mean what does Gunther Cunningham know compares to your 6 years
of playing.

Twist it Zachster.

I don't know what the future hold for Rich or any other player for that matter, do you ?

Iowanian 12-06-2004 11:02 PM

I don't want to be contrary, but Beisel started TC as a MLB, and was moved to MLB to start the season because Mitchell was injured........I think for the first 4-5 weeks.

ROYC75 12-06-2004 11:03 PM

Quote:

He was also injured this year.

Last game of preseason and the first 2 or 3 I believe.

|Zach| 12-06-2004 11:04 PM

Quote:

Twist it Zachster.

I don't know what the future hold for Rich or any other player for that matter, do you ?

Deflection...

If he is cut will you concede that he shouldnt have been a starter.

Or will you do what I think you will. Basically say the Chiefs are stupid for not giving him a chance...

tk13 12-06-2004 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
Or match you question for question in Ken Jennings trivia...

Oh yeah smartass? Jealous huh? Well when we have a thread about the finer points of prison bitchery, you'll be right at the forefront to display your expertise....

KcMizzou 12-06-2004 11:04 PM

Quote:

Oh yeah smartass? Jealous huh? Well when we have a thread about the finer points of prison bitchery, you'll be right at the forefront to display your expertise....

ROFL

"prison bitchery"

ROYC75 12-06-2004 11:05 PM

Mitchell had the hamstring lastyear.

Mitchell had the ankle injury this year during the 3rd or 4th preseason game

ROYC75 12-06-2004 11:07 PM

Quote:

Deflection...

Or will you do what I think you will. Basically say the Chiefs are stupid for not giving him a chance...

Cut because he never saw the field as MLB with a fair amount of reps or cut after getting a fair amount of reps at MLB ?

|Zach| 12-06-2004 11:09 PM

Quote:

Cut because he never saw the field as MLB with a fair amount of reps or cut after getting a fair amount of reps at MLB ?

Cut...he will get cut next year. Dont worry about that. I am just waiting to see which way you will take it.

Because you are smarter than Gunther Cunningham.

ROYC75 12-06-2004 11:09 PM

Quote:

Deflection...

Let me clear this up .....

If cut before playing... I will not agree with it, how could I.

If he is cut after playing fair amount of reps, then I can be man enough and admit it. I have before when I am wrong.

Better question is can you ?

ROYC75 12-06-2004 11:11 PM

Quote:

Cut...he will get cut next year. Dont worry about that. I am just waiting to see which way you will take it.

Because you are smarter than Gunther Cunningham.

Zackster the Spin Doctor is at it again. Where have I stated that I was smarter than Gun ?

|Zach| 12-06-2004 11:11 PM

Quote:

Let me clear this up .....

If cut before playing... I will not agree with it, how could I.

If he is cut after playing fair amount of reps, then I can be man enough and admit it. I have before when I am wrong.

Better question is can you ?

Not even giong to think about it...he will be cut next year.

Because he sucks. ROFL

KcMizzou 12-06-2004 11:13 PM

Quote:

Because he sucks. ROFL

Oh no you didn't....

It's on now.

ROYC75 12-06-2004 11:13 PM

Quote:

Because he sucks. ROFL

Perfect answer from a kid that avoids the truth. What's up ? Affraid to admit the truth some day ?

Or do you plan on going thru life avoiding issues ?

Skip Towne 12-06-2004 11:17 PM

Quote:

Because he sucks. ROFL

I'm still waiting for you to expound on all this knowledge of football programs you gained while being a practice dummy for a high school team.

|Zach| 12-06-2004 11:19 PM

Quote:

Perfect answer from a kid that avoids the truth. What's up ? Affraid to admit the truth some day ?

Or do you plan on going thru life avoiding issues ?

You don't know shit about me. You sound like a complete fool with this post.

If you actully just related something like this to my life then you can go **** yourself.

Explain to me why I should take your word over Gunther Cunningham's?

Mr. Kotter 12-06-2004 11:23 PM

In all candor guys, this stuff was funny for the first 250 posts or so...but I can't believe it's gonna hit 500. :shake:

Unbelievable. ROFL

tk13 12-06-2004 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDChiefsfan
In all candor guys, this stuff was funny for the first 250 posts or so...but I can't believe it's gonna hit 500. :shake:

Unbelievable. ROFL

Why don't you be quiet, teach. I suppose you're going to tell us that you've been a teacher for a long time and you know more about this than everyone, aren't you? Huh? Huh? What's your problem? Huh?

:p

|Zach| 12-06-2004 11:25 PM

I am off to bed...getting up early tomorrow. Roy will be on for a little bit longer. Remember him and his son have to jerk eachother off while looking at a picture of Rich before they go to bed...

Raiderhater 12-06-2004 11:25 PM

Quote:

I feel, IMHO, he hasn't had the right chance yet. Reason I say this is, Mitchell needing reps in preseason,not as many reps to show his ability. Since training camp ( current 1, maybe 2 days per week practices )he has been regulated to playing on the scout team and not with the 1st team defense. Usually the norm with most backups in the NFL.

I gave you a good opinion on what happens with most backup players in the NFL.

My God, how many chances does he need? I know I have said this before, but it is up to him to take advantage of the chances he does get. If he fails to do so that is on his head. Your assumption that he is intentionally being left out is nothing more than wild speculation.

Quote:

I found your 1st answer to be avoiding the question, same as the 2nd answer.

Again .....

# 1 Since Mitchell had more reps, against 1st, 2nd and 3rd string guys,( preseason ) but he is better with less tackles than Rich who had more tackles in less reps ?

# 2 What could be so wrong letting another guy have a chance at MLB , we all know Mitchell sucks, right ?
Nooooo, I was not avoiding the questions. On the first I neither know nor care. Gunther knows LBs, and he knows them a hell of a lot better than me. If he doesn't think Scanlon has it, I'll trust his judgement.

On the second, if Scanlon can not beat out Mitchell during the week, what in the hell makes you think he is going to be able to step in as a starter and be our saviour? You are not thinking logically here. The guy was undrafted, he cannot beat out Beisel or Mitchell, he only made the practice squad due to injuries (also the reason he is now suiting up), and yet you seem to think he is going to walk out onto the field and be the solution to our problems. And further more you come to this after watching the guy play a handful of snaps in pre-season.

Scanlon may very well be the answer, but not this year. He never was going to be the answer this year. He needs time to develop whatever mad skills he has.

Quote:

Further more, this thread was started out of somebody else's frustration over an LJ comment...... It sure has gotten alot of attention from people who don't really care. Sure alot of this was for fun and good times, but Lord forbid if somebody asks a serious question about a certain player.

Why is it wrong from me to have an opinion, or another member to have an opinion about a player that the majority members disagree on ?

Are we to hush and not speak ? Because we have a difference in opinions ?

Oh yeah! The PPL conspiracy is alive and well! Good times.

Skip Towne 12-06-2004 11:26 PM

Quote:

You don't know shit about me. You sound like a complete fool with this post.

If you actully just related something like this to my life then you can go **** yourself.

Explain to me why I should take your word over Gunther Cunningham's?

Is actully a word? I've seen you use that over and over. How the hell did you ever get out of high school?

Ultra Peanut 12-06-2004 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scanfan64
Umm. no it's not Rich, but you don't know he isn't sitting right next to me, now do you?

Quote:

If he was this would be the greatest thread ever... ROFL

Hey Rich, can I have an autographed 8x10?

Mr. Kotter 12-06-2004 11:27 PM

Quote:

Why don't you be quiet, teach. I suppose you're going to tell us that you've been a teacher for a long time and you know more about this than everyone, aren't you? Huh? Huh? What's your problem? Huh?

Nope. As a matter of fact, I'm dumb as a rock. I got my degrees in cracker jack boxes. And I'm only in teaching because I'm not capable of doing anything else. I'm a real dumbazz.

So I got nothin'. :p

Mr. Kotter 12-06-2004 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
Is actully a word? I've seen you use that over and over. How the hell did you ever get out of high school?

With the lisp most folks in Jackson county have, it's easy to miss the "a"

ROYC75 12-06-2004 11:30 PM

Quote:

I am off to bed...getting up early tomorrow. Roy will be on for a little bit longer. Remember him and his son have to jerk eachother off while looking at a picture of Rich before they go to bed...

Another knee jerking reaction from a kid when put on the spot.

Good answer Zackster :rolleyes:

tk13 12-06-2004 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDChiefsfan
Nope. As a matter of fact, I'm dumb as a rock. I got my degrees in cracker jack boxes. And I'm only in teaching because I'm not capable of doing anything else. I'm a real dumbazz.

So I got nothin'. :p

Oh whatever! Your face may say stupid, but your mind says "All hail me! I think I know all... and I will beat down every student who defies my authoritay!"

:)

|Zach| 12-06-2004 11:31 PM

Quote:

Jesus, put on the spot? What have I not told you?? What could you not know about this situation that I know...

What else would you like...I will give you one more post...

KcMizzou 12-06-2004 11:32 PM

Quote:

I don't think he was talking about jerking knees...

Mr. Kotter 12-06-2004 11:32 PM

Quote:

Oh whatever! Your face may say stupid, but your mind says "All hail me! I think I know all... and I will beat down every student who defies my authoritay!"

:)

No chance; my students are how I get my meth and my weed. I supply them with beer in return. We go to Raves together on the weekends, homey. It's really fly, yo? :thumb: