ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid with 2nd Most Playoff Wins in NFL History (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352456)

scho63 02-23-2024 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17415007)
It was never justifiable. Going 12-4 with Alex Smith is HOF coaching. Alex Smith was a loser.

Alex Smith wasn't a loser, he just ain't Mahomes.

Wallcrawler 02-23-2024 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17414913)
HOLY SHIT did he really compare this guy to andy reid

https://www.basketball-reference.com...karlge01c.html

mr one time NBA finals appearance is in league with the 2nd or 3rd greatest NFL coach ever? LMAO

FIRED 5 TIMES

Clay, can you ****ing read?

PRE-MAHOMES REID.

So yes. Karl appeared in the post season 22 times, finals once. Lost.

Andy won a lot of games, appeared in the superbowl once. Lost.

He's had some HILARIOUS Scorpion level faceplants in the post season before Mahomes.

And don't think we forgot, you flip flopping cock smoker, you were just as critical of Andy's Gaffes as anyone here, going out of your way to mock him on your YouTube channel that has less subscribers than a channel committed to actually watching paint dry.

https://youtu.be/HSpacfu5_Ck?si=glQ_q4JJRN21civE

So sure, keep up the typical Clay shtick as the charge leading #1 super fan who never had anything critical to say about every time Andy Reid shit down his leg on a sideline.

Hey dilphag9. It's just how your username reads. Perhaps if you had any semblance of reading comprehension, you may have chosen a better name.

Why don't you run along and start a thread explaining to us all how Left Tackle isn't an important enough position to spend money on. It's just you know, the one that protects 15's blind side. Can't wait to read it.

tredadda 02-23-2024 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17414996)
It's like you guys don't remember the early Andy years. This board was extremely hesitant of him bc they didn't think he could get us to a SB. And that was true of his career at that point.

People hated that Andy traded for Alex Smith
People hated that they didn't draft Geno Smith
People hated that they drafted Eric Fisher

Andy's first few years looked exactly like the Marty Chiefs. Very good team that ends up ****ing itself spectacularly in the playoffs. Andy was 1-6 in the playoffs over a 9 season stretch from 2009-2017 with the lone playoff win being over Brian ****ing Hoyer.

The frustration Andy faced was 100% justifiable at the time.

Fortunately he found his HOF QB bc that's the difference. That's why Belichick, Tomlin, Shannahan, Dungy and McCarthy have any of their accolades bc without their QB's their reputation has been total shit. It's also why Marty never got where he wanted to go.

Andy's legacy is now cemented. Previously he was a fringe first ballot HOF coach. Now he's a shoe in first ball HOF that will be on the Mount Rushmore of NFL coaches.

I know two people who did not hate the drafting of Fisher.

Rausch 02-23-2024 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17414934)
i have to hear from countless fans on twitter how patrick is nothing without andy and then i come here and wallcrawler compares andy to an NBA marty clone

JFC

If I ever wake up and think "you know, I'm just not angry enough at the world today" then I'll consider getting on twitter.

Wallcrawler 02-23-2024 02:26 PM

Quote:

It's like you guys don't remember the early Andy years. This board was extremely hesitant of him bc they didn't think he could get us to a SB. And that was true of his career at that point.

Andy's first few years looked exactly like the Marty Chiefs. Very good team that ends up ****ing itself spectacularly in the playoffs. Andy was 1-6 in the playoffs over a 9 season stretch from 2009-2017 with the lone playoff win being over Brian ****ing Hoyer.

Fortunately he found his HOF QB bc that's the difference. That's why Belichick, Tomlin, Shannahan, Dungy and McCarthy have any of their accolades bc without their QB's their reputation has been total shit. It's also why Marty never got where he wanted to go.

Andy's legacy is now cemented. Previously he was a fringe first ballot HOF coach. Now he's a shoe in first ball HOF that will be on the Mount Rushmore of NFL coaches.

Little trip down memory lane.

https://youtu.be/IwrYkvqXc9s?si=XWEDDdyQA1r9eZVU

"I didn't understand the playcalling"

"Hunt carried the ball 6 times in the first quarter, 5 times over the next 3."

"Chiefs should have won this game by 30"

"After the first 15 plays they forget what the hell they're doing."

Rausch 02-23-2024 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17415317)

Mahomes completely covers up the weak areas in Andy's coaching.

And no, I didn't say he overcame them or fixed them, the QB they selected covers them up. At this point only KC fans know that time management, when to and not to challenge, and running to protect a lead are issues Andy has.

Perhaps that Shanny comp to Andy is a bit more on target than many like to believe...

Pitt Gorilla 02-23-2024 03:11 PM

Quote:

I LOVED both of those decisions. Which reeruns had issues with THOSE choices?!?

Pitt Gorilla 02-23-2024 03:16 PM

Let's be clear here: The REAL reeruns were those claiming that Andy COULDN'T win the big one. Not that he hadn't or hadn't yet, but that he COULDN'T. Think for a minute how monumentally stupid such a statement really is.

SHOWTIME 02-23-2024 03:43 PM

This fanbase is quickly turning into the Patriots fanbase that has been divided for the past several years between HC and QB...let's not go there folks. The pats fans are an embarrassment.

People have to realize that Andy lost the 2004 super bowl because the Pats were stealing signals. Spagnuolo, who was on that eagles coaching staff, has confirmed this. Andy plays by the rules and is being rewarded handsomely for it 20 years later. Belichick on the other hand is headed for the unemployment line - no one wants him.

Rausch 02-23-2024 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHOWTIME (Post 17415439)
The pats fans are an embarrassment.

People have to realize that Andy lost the 2004 super bowl because the Pats were stealing signals. Spagnuolo, who was on that eagles coaching staff, has confirmed this.

Our team doesn't cheat. And it's not Andy vs. Mahomes - it's Andy AND Mahomes AND Spags.

It's an actual team that overcomes obstacles...

RunKC 02-23-2024 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 17415397)
I LOVED both of those decisions. Which reeruns had issues with THOSE choices?!?

Most of the board wanted Geno Smith. It was an incredibly long thread.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...ght=geno+smith

FWIW I did not want Geno. Posted so many times against him in that thread

Bl00dyBizkitz 02-23-2024 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHOWTIME (Post 17415439)
This fanbase is quickly turning into the Patriots fanbase that has been divided for the past several years between HC and QB...let's not go there folks. The pats fans are an embarrassment.

People have to realize that Andy lost the 2004 super bowl because the Pats were stealing signals. Spagnuolo, who was on that eagles coaching staff, has confirmed this.

Its not divided at all. It's really just Webcrawler and a few select others that think Andy is this embarrassing loser who had no success before Mahomes.

tredadda 02-23-2024 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17415444)

The Geno following on here bordered on cult like.

SHOWTIME 02-23-2024 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 17415443)
Our team doesn't cheat. And it's not Andy vs. Mahomes - it's Andy AND Mahomes AND Spags.

It's an actual team that overcomes obstacles...

It's a team game...everyone contributed, players and coaching staff. Do we even win the SB if Karlaftis or Watson don't come up with those fumbles? Probably not.

DJ's left nut 02-23-2024 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17415444)

I was pro Geno for most of the draft season.

But it was funny - I knew I saw something in his mechanics before I knew what that something was. I said I didn't like the way his hips locked as he delivered the football. It took a ton of starch out of the throw and created some odd passes because it impacted his follow through.

Then like 3 years later one of the scouts for (I think) the Colts was mentioning what he called 'locked knee passers' and how they try to avoid them. I looked at the clip and sure as hell, that's what did it. Those quarterbacks with a locked front knee (and there are a shocking number of them) can't get their hips through. It was exactly what Geno was doing and I never put my finger on why.

You need a soft front knee otherwise your body is fighting against itself. And Geno, even the improved version of him, still has that.

So at the very least I had softened my stance on him a little by the draft because I saw something weird in there. And that's about the best I can say about my fascination with Chocolate Pain. Because yeah, I really wanted that guy for a couple months leading up to the draft.