ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Rank alcohols for me. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318584)

bricks 11-01-2018 01:02 PM

I hate alcohol. They all suck and therefore I give them all a zero.

Discuss Thrower 11-01-2018 01:02 PM

Alcohol is alcohol. The only difference is the rate and concentration in which you imbibe it.

MagicHef 11-01-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13861271)
Mexico saves the good tequila for themselves and exports shitty tequila to the United States. Not even funny.

Some, I assume, is good tequila.

Kiimo 11-01-2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 13861611)
Alcohol is alcohol. The only difference is the rate and concentration in which you imbibe it.

Counterpoint: a lifetime of experiences that 100% contradict you

TinyEvel 11-01-2018 01:19 PM

Tough question without specification of what "best" is. But since you used prestige in your OP, I might look at it like this:

(sort of stereotypical)

Key consumption age = 21-27 years old.

Beer(especially light lagers like budweiser) is WAY down with these folks. Too many options, too many places to experiment. Segment is losing market share.
Craft beer (artisinals) is still strong in this set.

Wine: Still strong. Not just a girl drink these days. Wine subscriptions are growing big, letting people experiment.

Liquor: Seeing growth of brown liquors (whiskeys, bourbon, etc.) grown over past 5 years. Seen as a more adult drink where you can taste the alcohol (rather than mixing type liquors like vodka) With hipsters and sophisticated foodie growth, bourbons and whiskeys have followed with people really getting into the craft of drinks and the differences between brands, like craft beer.

Rum: tropical. Mixing drink. Party booze. Chick booze. Not enjoying a peak right now

Vodka: The old standby. Doesn't overwhelm glass so mixes with a lot of things. Sort of the staple of liquors. Probably the highest volume sales of any liquor type.

Tequila: Resurgence in recent years, especially as a sipping alcohol. some very good ones and Mescals (smoky flavor agave liquor) grew a lot in the past 5 years.

Port Wines: only if you are over 50

Kahlua: Only if you are under 18 or over 65.

Scnapps/wine coolers/fourloco/Smirnoff Ice and other flavored malt drinks like Mike's Hard Lemonade: Only if you are 18-22 (college) sweet drinks that end up barfed onto someone's rug or the into the vegetable drawer in your frat house room fridge (true story)

Hard Apple Ciders: Grown a lot last five years. Not huge but within the category they got popular as a per alternative.

Kiimo 11-01-2018 01:28 PM

This has taken over Los Angeles and Palm Springs for the past three summers:

http://www.melandrose.com/istarimage...02-19536_d.jpg

No sugar. But made from sugar. 5% by volume. Little hangover. No aftertaste like Zima and not a malt liquor like Zima.

Basically it tastes like a LaCroix with the same alcohol by volume as a beer but none of the filling and bloatedness.

Basically it's the perfect pool drink. I'd say invest in it but it's owned by Boston Brew Company that makes Sam Adams.

L.A. Chieffan 11-01-2018 01:36 PM

I usually drink based upon the meal and the season. A nice Scotch is great during those cold nights, whereas in the summer I'd go with a Gin or Rum drink.

Bourbon can be had mostly year round, same with vodka.

BottomShelfBoose 11-01-2018 01:47 PM

Straight vodka with bourbon chaser on the rocks.

JoeyChuckles 11-01-2018 01:50 PM

I think we need more poll type options on here. Like stack rank poles for example. Can we upgrade the polling engine?

I'll PM Bob Dole to find out.

ChiTown 11-01-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13861654)

No sugar. But made from sugar. 5% by volume. Little hangover. No aftertaste like Zima and not a malt liquor like Zima.

Basically it tastes like a LaCroix with the same alcohol by volume as a beer but none of the filling and bloatedness.

Basically it's the perfect pool drink. I'd say invest in it but it's owned by Boston Brew Company that makes Sam Adams.

No man with hair on his balls would EVER admit to drinking that shit. Come on!:D

Molitoth 11-01-2018 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13861654)

There are now like 5-6 different competitors to this now.

BottomShelfBoose 11-01-2018 02:01 PM

jello shots are pretty cool

Kiimo 11-01-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13861723)
There are now like 5-6 different competitors to this now.

Yeah like White Claw, but they all kind of suck and have weird aftertaste. This is still the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 13861706)
No man with hair on his balls would EVER admit to drinking that shit. Come on!:D

You are right I shave that shit so it doesn't get stuck in your mom's teeth

cooper barrett 11-01-2018 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 13861244)
I never got into Gin until about a year ago. Now I love it. I try to stay with only clear alcohol and don’t like the brown alcohols too much. My list would go Gin, Tequila, Rum, Vodka.

Rubbing Alcohol is a white liquor.. ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

I can't justify cost of good Gin But Gorden's is a great value. In the new green bottle

https://www.ginfoundry.com/wp-conten...Bottle-min.jpg

Chief Pagan 11-01-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 13861611)

Yea, I'm not with these people that think different alcohols, assuming they drank the same amount, inherently give them a different buzz.

If you go from drinking bottled beer, to pouring wine out of bottle, it is easier to lose track of how much you are drinking. And if you aren't used to driking cocktails or sipping straight, that can really catch up to you.

And the social context of when you are drinking and your expectations can also make a difference.

But some alcoholic drinks can give worse hangovers/headaches. I react poorly to red wine, presumably from the tannins.