ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Berry has a Haglund’s deformity on his heel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317770)

Sassy Squatch 09-29-2018 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13772896)
Makes sense but Berry is a locker room leader players look up to him. The Chiefs go nuclear on this could start problems. How Berry has handled this has lost me some respect for the guy. There may be more to the story but its obvious his contract obviously has a no disclosure to the team on release of injury info.

His leadership is useless. Our defense is ****ing terrible with him standing there on the sideline contributing nothing of substance.

BlackOp 09-29-2018 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13772902)
His leadership is useless. Our defense is ****ing terrible with him standing there on the sideline contributing nothing of substance.

His "leadership" has led to a bottom 3 ranked defense...

Shit, have him retire and make him a coach/ LR cheerleader while he rehabs.

Chief Roundup 09-29-2018 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 13772768)
LINK?

google.com Find it yourself.

FloridaMan88 09-29-2018 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13772853)
Reid and the chiefs are limited in what they can say due to HIPPA. Its Berry's right to chose what can be disclosed about his health.

Wrong.

The HIPAA privacy rules only apply to “covered entities.” Under HIPAA, a covered entity is either a health plan, health care clearinghouse or a self-insured health care provider.

The NFL is not a “covered entity” in terms of HIPAA.

Jerok 09-29-2018 03:29 PM

If he goes on NFI does that mean we could get his cap space back?

New World Order 09-29-2018 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 13772901)
I actually have this. No joke.

It got to the point where I could barely wear shoes because of the bump that grew on my heel. So...

My podiatrist recommended surgery, and that's what we did. They actually severed the Achilles, removed the mass, and re-attached it. By surgically severing the achilles, the recovery time would be less.

I would guess he plays through the pain this year (when he's ready), do the surgery first day after the Super Bowl, and then he COULD conceivably be ready for next season.

Just my experience.

Does the pain subside at all without surgery? If not, I don't see how he comes back and plays unless they're holding him out because we're 3-0.

I just don't understand why he didn't get surgery in August when these issues started.

srvy 09-29-2018 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13772902)

I dont dissagree at all but its how his teammates react to going hardline on Berry. I dunno maybe they are young enough it wont be a problem at all. If it was me I would tell Berry to attempt a go at it on the field or get surgery. If he wont then NFI him.

Reerun_KC 09-29-2018 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13772654)
He's not ever going to be the same, even if he plays. :(

But someone has his jersey. He can’t be cut or traded. He’s too important!

New World Order 09-29-2018 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13772921)
I dont dissagree at all but its how his teammates react to going hardline on Berry. I dunno maybe they are young enough it wont be a problem at all. If it was me I would tell Berry to attempt a go at it on the field or get surgery. If he wont then NFI him.

They would cry about it for about a week then get over it.

ping2000 09-29-2018 03:36 PM

**** you Bob Sutton.

Chief Roundup 09-29-2018 03:37 PM

Damn are some people just adverse to using a damn search engine and doing some reading? I guess some people are so damn lazy they would rather just take someone elses word than become self informed.

CaliforniaChief 09-29-2018 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 13772920)
Does the pain subside at all without surgery? If not, I don't see how he comes back and plays unless they're holding him out because we're 3-0.

I just don't understand why he didn't get surgery in August when these issues started.

For me it got progressively worse. But I'm not a world class athlete with unlimited resources. So it seems like they could treat the pain, specialize his shoes with extra heel cushion, and he can play through it.

I was told that going a long period without fixing it does increase the chances of rupturing the achilles because of increased pressure on the tendon. But again, I'm not a world-class athlete. It helps me understand why he's been out this long though. It's extremely painful.

But I think he will play again this year, though. Then maybe surgery.

Red Dawg 09-29-2018 03:37 PM

I know this. If he goes another year and doesn't play then KC needs to reach a settlement and move on. You can have this happen again. They can come back even when fixed.

Reerun_KC 09-29-2018 03:38 PM

Broke dick be broken.

Move on.....

CaliforniaChief 09-29-2018 03:38 PM

If he had the surgery in August, he probably would have missed most or all of this season because they have to alter/sever the achilles to get to it...