ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life RIP Burt Reynolds (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317234)

Frazod 09-06-2018 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 13712500)
Smokey and the Bandit was the first non G rated movie I went to.

Heh. The first one I went to was an older Burt Reynolds movie, W.W. and the Dixie Dance Kings.

Dayze 09-06-2018 07:42 PM

RIP
I own Smokey and Bandit in DVD. I watch it no less than probably 3 or 4 times a year.

Baby Lee 09-06-2018 07:51 PM

Evening Shade was a damn fine sitcom, for that matter.

Frazod 09-06-2018 07:52 PM

I think my favorite Burt Reynolds movie was Hooper. It was a lot of fun. I should add that to my collection.

SuperBowl4 09-06-2018 08:01 PM

I liked that role Burt played in the movie DRIVEN. He played a IndyCar owner and he needed a relief driver by the name of Sylvester Stallone

T-post Tom 09-06-2018 08:13 PM

Another icon gone. RIP

mlyonsd 09-06-2018 08:22 PM

East bound and down loaded down and truckin.

Godspeed to a guy that seemed like a lot of fun.

Deberg_1990 09-06-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13712640)
I think my favorite Burt Reynolds movie was Hooper. It was a lot of fun. I should add that to my collection.

Great flick. One of my faves of his.

Loved Sharkeys Machine a lot too back in the day

Fish 09-06-2018 08:43 PM

Nailing Sally Field in the back of that sweet ass T Top must have been something else....

RIP Burt.

Bugeater 09-06-2018 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13712640)

I only saw that once, I don't remember much from it other than the stunt scene at the end.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q0Y3A-zib-Q" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bugeater 09-06-2018 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13712754)
Nailing Sally Field in the back of that sweet ass T Top must have been something else....

RIP Burt.

You ever been in the back seat of a Firebird or Camaro? Need some serious suspension of disbelief for that one...

stumppy 09-06-2018 08:51 PM

RIP

I'd like to tip my hat to Burt for his part in the most awkward moment of my entire childhood. All the way up to and on past puberty.

On my very first date, it was with Jackie Griffin and we were both 13 years old. My mother volunteered to drive us to the Drive In to watch the latest Burt Reynolds movie.
I was pretty excited especially considering Jackie was, well, pretty fast and loose for a 13 yr old.
We both sat in the back seat, with a blanket, and patiently waited for it to get dark and the movie to come on. I'm sure you all know the kind of scenarios that played out in my mind since the minute we made the date.
Add in a heavy dose of anxious and nervous thinking about the possibilities of what could happen with my mom being distracted by ole Burt on the big screen.
Everything was going great, up until that famous scene.

Squeal like a pig.

We were watching a fat flabby white man getting ass raped on screen.

Dead silence in the car. Nobody dare wanted to speak other than my mother humbling and bumbling over whatever words she was trying to get out of her mouth. Until she finally said she didn't know thats what this movie was like and decided we should go to different one some other time.

No more hand holding, at least 6 inches of space between us, both staring straight ahead the entire drive back to Jackie's house to drop her off. The car door was opening before we came to a stop. Jackie tossed a see you later over her shoulder on her way out.

We didn't ever call each other again. Never spoke to each other again. Passing in the hallways at school both of us would suddenly find the wall to look very interesting.

To this day that is one of the most awkward embarrassing moments of my life.

Bugeater 09-06-2018 08:53 PM

LMAO

Spott 09-06-2018 09:31 PM

The irony of that story is that Jackie grew to love anal.

frozenchief 09-06-2018 09:59 PM

Burt was cool when it was acceptable to have body hair. I was way too young to appreciate what a blessing that would be.