ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Carbohydrates and inflammation (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316735)

O.city 08-16-2018 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13676279)
I have an appointment with my MD to talk about them. I think the umbilical cord cells aren't legal in the US. I also heard they may be trying to ban all stem cells because the HHS (I think) Chief doesn't like stem cells for.....reasons.

Rogan had Mel Gibson on talking about his dad doing SCT. It was interesting. I think you'll have to go to Panama for it though. Would be a long drive on the old John Deere.

BucEyedPea 08-16-2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13676279)
I have an appointment with my MD to talk about them. I think the umbilical cord cells aren't legal in the US. I also heard they may be trying to ban all stem cells because the HHS (I think) Chief doesn't like stem cells for.....reasons.

Advanced Regenerative Orthopedics in Tampa uses blood cord.

That's horrible someone is attempting to ban them. Sounds like those profiting off of knee and hip replacement surgery are feeling the heat of competition.

I went to some seminars on this because of two knee injuries in the same knee, plus surgery on the same knee at age 12 myself. The place using one's own stem cells naturally was opposed to the blood cord. I just happened to check out what NIH said about them. In 2007 I was told because of that surgery, I may get arthritis in that knee. Ultimately I didn't have to do anything as my last MRI did not show another meniscus tear.

BucEyedPea 08-16-2018 08:23 AM

Also, there are a lot of places claiming to use SC that are not worth pursuing or not even done by an orthopedic physician or properly trained physician in the procedure. How these are injected is pretty important.

Then there's other types of practitioners out there promising supplements etc for ST that aren't valid and don't do anything. A lot of bandwagoners.

Buehler445 08-16-2018 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13676554)
Rogan had Mel Gibson on talking about his dad doing SCT. It was interesting. I think you'll have to go to Panama for it though. Would be a long drive on the old John Deere.

Yeah. I listened to that one. That sounds amazing. But I imagine it takes Mel Gibson money to make that happen.

O.city 08-16-2018 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13676569)
Yeah. I listened to that one. That sounds amazing. But I imagine it takes Mel Gibson money to make that happen.

Yeah, it's still weird to me the reasons we don't have it like that here

Buehler445 08-16-2018 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 13676565)
Also, there are a lot of places claiming to use SC that are not worth pursuing or not even done by an orthopedic physician or properly trained physician in the procedure. How these are injected is pretty important.

Then there's other types of practitioners out there promising supplements etc for ST that aren't valid and don't do anything. A lot of bandwagoners.

There are a couple guys in town that got stem cells. If I can’t get anywhere which my doctor I’ll talk to them and see how they got t done.

Hog's Gone Fishin 08-16-2018 09:00 AM

I'd see if they can open the knee up and remove the Carbs.

Buehler445 08-16-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13676599)
I'd see if they can open the knee up and remove the Carbs.

Excellent advice!

loochy 08-16-2018 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13676635)
Excellent advice!

Don't forget to remove all meat while you are in there.
Posted via Mobile Device

loochy 08-16-2018 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13676635)
Excellent advice!

In fact, just remove the entire knee. It's called bodypart fasting and it's really good for you. It's the best for removing inflammation.
Posted via Mobile Device

fan4ever 08-16-2018 09:37 AM

THIS should be safe and not have anything to do with carbs, dairy, or meat. I have all sorts of joint pain; not arthritis but damage to my shoulders. I've discovered that staying constantly well hydrated goes a long way in minimizing the pain...if you don't mind peeing a lot.

loochy 08-16-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fan4ever (Post 13676658)
THIS should be safe and not have anything to do with carbs, dairy, or meat. I have all sorts of joint pain; not arthritis but damage to my shoulders. I've discovered that staying constantly well hydrated goes a long way in minimizing the pain...if you don't mind peeing a lot.

^ a non-reeruned opinion
Posted via Mobile Device

tooge 08-16-2018 11:11 AM

Here's the thing with carbs. It's not so much the grams of carbs, but how they are absorbed into your body. Carbs are carbs. Glucose is glucose. Fruit contains fructose, glucose, and sucrose. Snickers bars also contain glucose and sucrose. The difference is that a mango, which contains twice the number of carbs as a snickers bar (50 vs 27gms), also contains a significant amount of fiber, which slows the absorbtion of the sugars, so you don't get the same sugar spikes in the blood.

That is why whole grains, despite being high in carbs, are totally fine, and actually good for you because the high fiber content helps to slow absorbtion of all sugars in your diet, thus leveling out blood sugar. Beans and leafy greens are also high in fiber. However, black and pinto beans are so high in carbs that they would wreck a keto diet.

Bottom line is, nix the keto diet. Have some carbs in the form of beans and whole grains, fruits and vegetables. Cut back on refined sugars like those in non whole grain breads, white rice, and potatos.

Bearcat 08-16-2018 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 13676791)
Here's the thing with carbs. It's not so much the grams of carbs, but how they are absorbed into your body. Carbs are carbs. Glucose is glucose. Fruit contains fructose, glucose, and sucrose. Snickers bars also contain glucose and sucrose. The difference is that a mango, which contains twice the number of carbs as a snickers bar (50 vs 27gms), also contains a significant amount of fiber, which slows the absorbtion of the sugars, so you don't get the same sugar spikes in the blood.

That is why whole grains, despite being high in carbs, are totally fine, and actually good for you because the high fiber content helps to slow absorbtion of all sugars in your diet, thus leveling out blood sugar. Beans and leafy greens are also high in fiber. However, black and pinto beans are so high in carbs that they would wreck a keto diet.

Bottom line is, nix the keto diet. Have some carbs in the form of beans and whole grains, fruits and vegetables. Cut back on refined sugars like those in non whole grain breads, white rice, and potatos.

The old original p90x had a nutrition plan that made a lot of sense to me... basically start with really low carbs to lose the weight, then up carbs as your workouts improve.

Off keto (for me), it's about finding a balance that doesn't leave me feeling like I'm starving myself or down a slow spiral of cravings and slowly eating more and more... and like you said, when you eventually reintroduce some carbs, do it from fruits and vegetables, etc. (one of my favorites right now is the 4g net carb tortillas that have like 15g of fiber).

BIG_DADDY 08-16-2018 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 13676791)

Great post. I have always said some of the worst advice I have ever seen is right here at CP. Great to see somebody that knows what they are talking about posting.