ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life How many days of work have you missed in the last year? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316216)

splatbass 07-14-2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13628359)
You’re endangering others, especially those who are immuno-compromised.

Yes, people like me that take immuno-suppressants are endangered by these careless people. I'll send people home if they are sick.

It not only endangers me, but two of the sites I'm responsible for are 24/7, and we are at minimum staffing now. If someone comes to work and gets other people sick I am in danger of not being able to fulfill my contract - covering 24/7 - and the healthy people will be working double shifts (and I'll be working shifts myself).

As a manager IMO it is irresponsible to come to work sick. You endanger others and risk the mission or job from getting accomplished.

Fire Me Boy! 07-14-2018 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 13628369)
Yes, people like me that take immuno-suppressants are endangered by these careless people. I'll send people home if they are sick.

It not only endangers me, but two of the sites I'm responsible for are 24/7, and we are at minimum staffing now. If someone comes to work and gets other people sick I am in danger of not being able to fulfill my contract - covering 24/7 - and the healthy people will be working double shifts (and I'll be working shifts myself).

As a manager IMO it is irresponsible to come to work sick. You endanger others and risk the mission or job from getting accomplished.

I’m not on immunosuppressants yet, but as a dialysis patient, I’m compromised. Sick people are dangerous for us. Not only is it easier to get sick, it takes longer to recover.

splatbass 07-14-2018 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13628373)
I’m not on immunosuppressants yet, but as a dialysis patient, I’m compromised. Sick people are dangerous for us. Not only is it easier to get sick, it takes longer to recover.

Absolutely. We get sicker, take longer to recover, and in some cases it can be dangerous. Glenn Frey had the same disease as me (rheumatoid arthritis) and was taking the same types of medicines I take (DMARDS, biologics and steroids - all of which suppress the immune system). He got pneumonia and even with antibiotics his body couldn't fight off the infection and he died.

Bowser 07-14-2018 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 13628137)
I have an employee that through June has missed more than half of the available working days, through a variety of time off, doctors visits, 2 (yes, two) different bereavement leaves and a 6-8 week disability period. Fortunately, this person is my most poor performing person so it really doesnt impact the teams performance.

pretty impressive to miss that much time and still have a job...

Sounds like he's on FMLA

carcosa 07-14-2018 03:16 PM

I never miss work!!! The bosses are so proud of me for making them rich!!!!!

splatbass 07-14-2018 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 13628137)
I have an employee that through June has missed more than half of the available working days, through a variety of time off, doctors visits, 2 (yes, two) different bereavement leaves and a 6-8 week disability period. Fortunately, this person is my most poor performing person so it really doesnt impact the teams performance.

pretty impressive to miss that much time and still have a job...

Were they legitimate absences? I hope you don't get a serious illness and have to miss a lot of work. Because you may have a boss with your attitude.

Pablo 07-14-2018 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 13628402)

I bet you get a gold star sticker too don't ya? Ah, incentives.

Titty Meat 07-14-2018 05:09 PM

Quote:

Keep working hard bruh you'll get that 15 cent raise!

MOhillbilly 07-14-2018 05:20 PM

I never miss a day. Almost six years straight.

saphojunkie 07-14-2018 05:22 PM

I haven’t had a real job since 2015

Eleazar 07-14-2018 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 (Post 13627849)
Employee of the year much?

80% is showing up :shrug:

SuperBowl4 07-15-2018 01:08 AM

Quote:

How many times have you been employee of the month since you started?

kjwood75nro 07-15-2018 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 (Post 13628930)
How many times have you been employee of the month since you started?

.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...21b48a0943.jpg

kysirsoze 07-15-2018 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 13627662)
CP getting ready for work in the morning

https://i.imgur.com/LznzMga.gif?1

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 13628147)

Quote:

LMAO

Why Not? 07-15-2018 04:56 AM

Obviously if you are throwing up or have a legit fever or have been diagnosed with some communicable illness, you should stay home both out of respect for others and to allow your body the time to heal. But for a board whose members constantly make fun of millennials(I do to)for being wusses, there's a lot of folks in this thread acting like showing up to work with some sniffles is some sort of grave injustice to your fellow man.