ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Crying kids at restaurants (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315557)

Bearcat 05-27-2018 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 13571328)
Would your sister have left the table to discipline a child and leave 4 other children under the age of 7 at the table alone?

It's funny how people are telling tooge to stay home and make breakfast and how he had other choices, yet a parent doesn't need to think twice about whether they can control their litter of kids so they don't disrupt an entire restaurant.

I doubt my sister would put herself in that situation... she'd keep the craziness at home or get takeout... and if for some reason she was forced into taking a bunch of kids to a restaurant alone, she'd probably do what she could instead of ignoring it and thinking it was cute.

BryanBusby 05-27-2018 12:34 PM

Ultimately restaurants are a public place and the general public sucks. Suck it up or stay home.

vailpass 05-27-2018 12:43 PM

A couple or three Bloody Marys would have fixed tooge’s problem.

Msmith 05-27-2018 12:45 PM

We were blessed with four kids who behaved well in their young age. One time when we ate at McDonald, the town police chief sitting next to our table commented how well our kids behaved.

My wife always carried some crayons and coloring books in her purse. She provided the kids in drawing while we waited for the meals. Some restaurants provided those stuff as well.

Ultimately, kids who get rowdy at public places often get rowdy at home. It is up to the parent to teach the kids how to behave.

srvy 05-27-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13571361)

:D

BucEyedPea 05-27-2018 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 13571112)
I’m sitting here at Big Bisquit trying to enjoy a nice breakfast. I’m solo this am as the family slept in. So, I though a nice, peaceful breakfast out would be a great way to start the day.

Unfortunately, this family with 5 kids in the 1 to 7 age range is seated right next to me. The 3ish year old boy starts bitching and crying. Mom, who obviously hasn’t ever heard of birth control, seems to think it’s cute. It’s a good thing I’m hungry, because I’d like to jam my biscuit in the little rat bastards mouth. Meanwhile, the next older brother is coughing non stop and sounds like he has whooping cough.

Now, my peaceful breakfast sucks, I may need antibiotics, and my blood pressure is up.

Take your sick and crying kids outside people. ****ing idiots.

And no, I can’t choke them out.
Flame away

ROFL Hilarious!

It's even worse on a plane when you're trying to sleep, just doze or read.

Buy Bose noise canceling headphones. I hear they work great from colleagues I fly with.
https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/...eadphones.html

Or ask to have your seat moved.

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-27-2018 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 13571112)
I’m sitting here at Big Bisquit trying to enjoy a nice breakfast. I’m solo this am as the family slept in. So, I though a nice, peaceful breakfast out would be a great way to start the day.

Unfortunately, this family with 5 kids in the 1 to 7 age range is seated right next to me. The 3ish year old boy starts bitching and crying. Mom, who obviously hasn’t ever heard of birth control, seems to think it’s cute. It’s a good thing I’m hungry, because I’d like to jam my biscuit in the little rat bastards mouth. Meanwhile, the next older brother is coughing non stop and sounds like he has whooping cough.

Now, my peaceful breakfast sucks, I may need antibiotics, and my blood pressure is up.

Take your sick and crying kids outside people. ****ing idiots.

And no, I can’t choke them out.
Flame away

Holy Shit I needed a good laugh. Sorry bout your breakfast but that was funny!

BucEyedPea 05-27-2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msmith (Post 13571363)
It is up to the parent to teach the kids how to behave.

Agreed. We were never allowed to act up like that. Gotta' teach them some manners. Tho' infants and babies are another matter. They really can't help it but feeding them before arriving or first thing should help and not when they tired. That's just asking for trouble. On a plane, their ears hurt when landing, so shove a bottle in their mouth to let them suck to alleviate it.

DaFace 05-27-2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13571361)

You're joking, but there is a strong inverse correlation between kids and booze in breakfast joints in my experience.

Why Not? 05-27-2018 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msmith (Post 13571363)

Ultimately, kids who get rowdy at public places often get rowdy at home. It is up to the parent to teach the kids how to behave.

Sometimes. We have a deal with our kids. At home, they can totally be themselves, provided they aren't name calling or being physical in a negative way. Otherwise, they can run, jump, yell, wrestle, cuss, be moody, etc. In other words, they are allowed the same right to be themselves at home as we are. In public, they are expected to behave pretty damn close to impeccably or they know they will face significant consequences. This has worked out extremely well for us and them.

Hammock Parties 05-27-2018 01:27 PM

Next time I suggest hitting up Westport for brunch.

The Corner Restaurant or Westport Cafe. You won't find any crying kids in those places, and food a billion times better.

I'm sure you think Overland Park is American Mecca, though, you milquetoast, homogenized, bud-light drinking, McDonalds eating son of a bitch Midwestern muggle.

You disgust me.

vailpass 05-27-2018 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13571395)
You're joking, but there is a strong inverse correlation between kids and booze in breakfast joints in my experience.

I was more thinking the booze was for Tooge.

BucEyedPea 05-27-2018 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13571271)
Cook your own breakfast at home, problem solved. I do it every morning, no waiting, no noise and I know exactly what I am eating.

Did you know I-Hop puts flour in their omelettes to make look fluffy?

I was shocked to find that out when some colleagues of mine stopped at one after a long-drive business trip. I normally never eat there. Don't know whey they just can't use eggs. Makes me wonder what else restaurants like that put in their food to look better.

BryanBusby 05-27-2018 01:36 PM

Oh and maybe give the kids some antifreeze popsicles next time

Rain Man 05-27-2018 01:38 PM

To be completely honest, I never want to see someone under 18 in any situation. They can't hold a conversation, run around incessantly, stare inappropriately at me, and the 17 year-old girls don't have any type of warning ID so I don't stare at them inappropriately.