ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Thursday Night NFL - Dolphins @ Ravens (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311102)

Easy 6 10-26-2017 08:05 PM

Cowher is right for once, its a foul but not a dirty one

Easy 6 10-26-2017 08:43 PM

Take a deep breath, slow it down... Tony

Baby Lee 10-26-2017 08:46 PM

ROFL - at this point Romo and Nantz are just holding a roast of TNF.

Baby Lee 10-26-2017 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13177406)
I'm actually thankful for thursday night games, even bad ones... there usually isnt anything better ongame

The block of sitcoms on Thurs have rounded out nicely of late.

The Good Place
Great News
Superstore,
the Better Things over on FX.

Some of the better sitcom fare out there right now.

But with streaming and DVRing, I don't worry about what's live outside sports these days.

Rain Man 10-26-2017 08:50 PM

The chain gang got lost.

Rain Man 10-26-2017 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13177717)

The Good Place
Great News
Superstore,

But with streaming and DVRing, I don't worry about what's live outside sports these days.

I don't know the other shows, but The Good Place is the only new show that I watch these days. I've got a comedy crush on Kristen Bell. She's great in that role.

dirk digler 10-26-2017 08:57 PM

I doubt any Dolphin fans will be clamoring for Moore any more. Cutler stinks but he a shit ton better than Moore

Baby Lee 10-26-2017 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13177720)
I don't know the other shows, but The Good Place is the only new show that I watch these days. I've got a comedy crush on Kristen Bell. She's great in that role.

Superstore I wasn't sure about when it started, but it's rounded out nicely. It's about folks working in a big box retailer for min wage. Lots of 'people of Walmart' type subtle humor by extras in the background.

Great News is basically 30 Rock set on a basic cable news show instead of a network comedy variety show. Same writers, same sensibility.

Better Things is Louis CK working with Pamela Adlon to reflect her life as a longtime actress and single mother. Tonally it's a lot like Louis, but it's her stories living and working and raising kids in LA.

Easy 6 10-26-2017 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13177717)

The Good Place
Great News
Superstore,

Most scripted shows bore me to death, honestly... the Seinfelds of the tv world no longer exist IMO

Cant script Baltimore just rubbing it in there on Miami, though

Chief Roundup 10-26-2017 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13177647)
Cowher is right for once, its a foul but not a dirty one

Going to the head is a dirty shot PERIOD!
The NFL is going to have to start automatic ejections for hits to the head. It is the only way to stop this type of stuff.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 10-26-2017 09:06 PM

Nathan for You is my favorite Thursday TV show

Baby Lee 10-26-2017 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13177730)
Most scripted shows bore me to death, honestly... the Seinfelds of the tv world no longer exist IMO

Cant script Baltimore just rubbing it in there on Miami, though

A lot of the most humorous and innovative content in 'sitcom' format is animated right now.

Rick and Morty
Bojack Horseman
Big Mouth
South Park

But there's still some innovative content, and some traditional content that's still well written.

Can't stand reality TV. Get tired of the same documentaries drawing out the same historical stories. I'm always on the lookout for new things I don't already know, but so much is a rehash of things I already know and I spend half the time mentally filling in the blanks and critiquing the narrative from my own knowledge. There are 1-hour dramas I like, but the length commitment makes me more choosy. Sitcoms are still short enough for me to be forgiving of blandness on occasion.

carcosa 10-26-2017 09:11 PM

The Good Place is great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy won the toss (Post 13177741)
Nathan for You is my favorite Thursday TV show

Nathan Fielder is a demented genius.

Rain Man 10-26-2017 09:16 PM

Suh only drew two of the three penalties on that play, but he also caused his teammate to get the third one.

thabear04 10-26-2017 09:17 PM

So Suh still plays in the game if he got two PI that mean he out the game.