ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs a team to watch in trades...? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294121)

Mav 08-24-2015 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11682599)
I kinda wonder if they were showcasing chase all offseason and trying to hide/not show much from Murray?

Jumps down off crazy box

Would not be the first time Andy Reid or John Dorsey have done exactly that.

Matt Hasselbeck, Aj Feeley, Matt Flynn. Actually logical.

DaneMcCloud 08-24-2015 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 11682604)
He'll likely get his opportunity just like Matt Flynn.

Maybe it will work out better for Daniel. Who knows?

No one knows. But he's definitely an NFL caliber QB. And with the dearth of QB play in this league, it's pretty obvious he'd at least get a shot at a starting job.

Ryan Fitzpatrick? Does anyone really think that Jets want to go into the season with that guy? Bryce Petty would be the better choice. At least he has potential.

Tyrod Taylor over Matt Cassel is the one that kills me the most. Good grief.

DaneMcCloud 08-24-2015 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 11682607)
Would not be the first time Andy Reid or John Dorsey have done exactly that.

Matt Hasselbeck, Aj Feeley, Matt Flynn. Actually logical.

Except that Murray actually needs live action in order to improve.

I'd say that it's far more important to get Daniel reps than Murray because behind this offensive line, it's anyone's guess as to whether or not Smith plays all 16 games.

Mother****erJones 08-24-2015 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11682599)
I kinda wonder if they were showcasing chase all offseason and trying to hide/not show much from Murray?

Jumps down off crazy box

I could see the Chase thing. Not sure about the whole Murray thing though. Chase in the last year of his deal. I'm curious if he has any value to other teams.

Mav 08-24-2015 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11682616)
Except that Murray actually needs live action in order to improve.

I'd say that it's far more important to get Daniel reps than Murray because behind this offensive line, it's anyone's guess as to whether or not Smith plays all 16 games.

Agreed.

Mav 08-24-2015 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11682612)
No one knows. But he's definitely an NFL caliber QB. And with the dearth of QB play in this league, it's pretty obvious he'd at least get a shot at a starting job.

Ryan Fitzpatrick? Does anyone really think that Jets want to go into the season with that guy? Bryce Petty would be the better choice. At least he has potential.

Tyrod Taylor over Matt Cassel is the one that kills me the most. Good grief.

Tyrod Taylor has looked really good. He also is playing for Greg Roman. Matt Cassel is not a Greg Roman qb. Not shocked.

-King- 08-24-2015 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11682603)
So was Rich Gannon

:rolleyes:

By his 6th year in the league Gannon had started 23 games. Daniel has started 2 games.

FlaChief58 08-24-2015 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 11682425)
I'd trade Fanaika for a bucket of KFC

Throw in some mashed taters, gravy and a big ol coookie and it's a deal

-King- 08-24-2015 04:45 PM

If I had to play a game right now, I'd take Fitzpatrick and Tyrod Taylor over Daniel.

And I say this as a Daniel fan. I was one of the few who said the Chiefs should keep him and that he's valuable for us. But Fitzpatrick has proven he can start for a whole season for a team and Taylor looks like a better playmaker and has more potential than Daniel.

DaneMcCloud 08-24-2015 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 11682630)
If I had to play a game right now, I'd take Fitzpatrick and Tyrod Taylor over Daniel.

And I say this as a Daniel fan. I was one of the few who said the Chiefs should keep him and that he's valuable for us. But Fitzpatrick has proven he can start for a whole season for a team and Taylor looks like a better playmaker and has more potential than Daniel.

:shake:

Marcellus 08-24-2015 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 11682514)
Cassel was a free agent, got TAGGED by the Patriots, then traded for a high 2nd and a brokedick LB.

Teams would certainly try to acquire him if they thought the price was right.

Surely you understand the difference in a guy starting 15 games (playing over half the other one) in a season and winning 11 of them and a guy who is 1-1 with 2 career starts.

Mother****erJones 08-24-2015 04:48 PM

Daniel could be every bit as good as those two.

-King- 08-24-2015 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 11682641)

He could but as of now, he has started a total of 2 games in his career. I'm sorry I'll take the guy that has started entire seasons and has 19000 yards and 120 TDs over him. I'll also take the playmaker who has shown to be just as good as Daniel is in preseason games over the years

DaneMcCloud 08-24-2015 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 11682641)

Fitzpatrick, all too often, shits the bed.

The Jets have looked awful, both offensively and defensively. Bowles should start Bryce Petty, IMO, not Fitzpatrick, who will likely win only 5 or 6 games, tops.

What's crazy is that the Texans swapped Fitzpatrick for Hoyer.

DaneMcCloud 08-24-2015 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 11682648)
He could but as of now, he has started a total of 2 games in his career. I'm sorry I'll take the guy that has started entire seasons and has 19000 yards and 120 TDs over him. I'll also take the playmaker who has shown to be just as good as Daniel is in preseason games over the years

Fitzpatrick has never won more than six games in a season during his career, which is littered with several four win seasons. He's nothing more than a placeholder for the next guy.

Blech.