ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Rainman: Welp after +6 mos finally got "a" dream car (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293455)

tooge 07-21-2015 08:36 AM

Where do you put manly stuff like huntin/fishin/camping gear, wood, smokers, dead dear, building materials, etc. Nice car, but I couldn't drive a car.

loochy 07-21-2015 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 11609539)
dead dear,

Ok there OJ, you sicko

Pablo 07-21-2015 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 11609609)
Ok there OJ, you sicko

U don't need no spellin' when u gots a truck!

Holladay 07-21-2015 12:49 PM

Quote:

manly stuff like huntin/fishin/camping gear, wood, smokers, dead dear, building materials, etc.
Understand, that is why I have this:

http://mco-s1-p.mlstatic.com/chevrol...956577_2-F.jpg

The wife and I are going to Jacks' Fork (south central MO spring fed river complex in the Ozarks) this weekend for camping/'Yaking/Canoe. Just her and I. Then 2 weeks later, going again with a whole crew. I have a 10' x 5' decent trailer that we load up with fire wood et al.

To which, along the way picking up this:

https://s.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/mg...prodigy_12.jpg

I lost my last 'Yak in my out building fire last November.

Holladay 08-03-2015 01:24 PM

GOODNESS GRACIOUS, the car is a beast!! Yet at the same time very nice hwy ride.

First gear does ~ 48mph (it gets there so fast, hard to see exactly). It has a nice throaty rumble but not TOO loud. Handles well/tight (even has a gravity reading which shows how many "G's" pulled on turns)

I am getting bout 25 mph hwy without much foot. With foot 22 hwy. Not sure in town yet.

I got new tires $800, not too bad. On the old ones, blasted in first, dropped into 2nd with the rpm's up, the back end unhooked and surprised the heck outta me:eek:

All in all, I have a smile concreted to my face. I paid 13k, if I sell it in 5 yrs for 5k, it comes down to $133/ month. I can hang with that.

In theory, they only made 10,000 of these '04 through '09. In the last 11 yrs, I figure 50% are dead (speed kills), they are coveted by racers so ~25% are now raced, thus there is 25% remaining. How many of those are under 100k miles? How many with only 2 owners? I think I did well.

The only down side, the insurance SUCKS. ~$1200/yr just for this car, not including the 4 other cars I have. The wife is gonna poop.

Oh, I forgot to add. shifting seems a little loose. H pattern with reverse up by 5th. To get into 5th and 6th, must push sightly to the right. If not, it's back into the 3/4 gears. Push too hard and it's in REVERSE. dang. They should have put reverse up by 1st. I am going to have my mechanic look at this sloppy issue. I thought after 1.8k miles driving it back, I would have adapted better. On easy driving, no prob. But to down shift from 6th to 5th to pass, and ending in 3rd (or worse reverse) requires planning. A solution is, upon passing, drop into 4th.

Rain Man 08-03-2015 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holladay (Post 11635899)

Oh, I forgot to add. shifting seems a little loose. H pattern with reverse up by 5th. To get into 5th and 6th, must push sightly to the right. If not, it's back into the 3/4 gears. Push too hard and it's in REVERSE. dang. They should have put reverse up by 1st. I am going to have my mechanic look at this sloppy issue. I thought after 1.8k miles driving it back, I would have adapted better. On easy driving, no prob. But to down shift from 6th to 5th to pass, and ending in 3rd (or worse reverse) requires planning. A solution is, upon passing, drop into 4th.

Back in the day, my wife had a Honda, and it had a different shifting pattern than my Toyota. I remember entering the highway once and putting the Honda into reverse, which was where fifth gear was on the Toyota. The clutch was still on the floor as I remembered and pulled the gear shift back out. I'm guessing that it would have made a lot of noise.

lewdog 08-03-2015 05:09 PM

Not sure why insurance is so expensive on it? That's seems quite high. What's your deductible?

Simply Red 08-03-2015 07:42 PM

I like the Caddy.

Rain Man 08-03-2015 07:45 PM

Someone hit my new car in a parking lot today and drove off. I am not happy about this.

It's not dented, but they scraped a whole of paint off of it all along the front left corner. I have sent my entire army of flying monkeys out to catch and punish the perpetrator. I repeat: I am not happy about this.

Buehler445 08-03-2015 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11636290)
Not sure why insurance is so expensive on it? That's seems quite high. What's your deductible?

Must have been a bunch of them wrecked.

RE: very few of them made. Watch repairs. Parts are going to eat your soul.

Holladay 08-04-2015 01:00 PM

Did the monkey's come out of your butt. I am going to be one of those dudes that park way out in the parking lot. The exercise will do me good.

Btw, that does suck, with a new car and all...well any of our cars. I'll take paint off more so then a big dent and paint off.

Deductible is $500. No wreaks, no speeding tickets, no dui, squeeky clean record.

Buehler is correct. few made, parts expensive, +400 hp thus bunch wreched. Again, my mechanic recommended it and said it is easy to work on. I asked him yesterday when I showed it to him bout the insurance. He said "some" parts are expensive but as a whole not to bad.

Did a lil more research, says it does ~4.2 sec to 60?? that is a sedan and 700 lbs heavier the vettes? I let my cousin drive it. "No way would I own that car...I'd kill myself"

lewdog 08-04-2015 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holladay (Post 11637576)
Did the monkey's come out of your butt. I am going to be one of those dudes that park way out in the parking lot. The exercise will do me good.

Btw, that does suck, with a new car and all...well any of our cars. I'll take paint off more so then a big dent and paint off.

Deductible is $500. No wreaks, no speeding tickets, no dui, squeeky clean record.

Buehler is correct. few made, parts expensive, +400 hp thus bunch wreched. Again, my mechanic recommended it and said it is easy to work on. I asked him yesterday when I showed it to him bout the insurance. He said "some" parts are expensive but as a whole not to bad.

Did a lil more research, says it does ~4.2 sec to 60?? that is a sedan and 700 lbs heavier the vettes? I let my cousin drive it. "No way would I own that car...I'd kill myself"

Ok well that makes sense given your deductible I guess. Had I kept my other car and made the 2005 Mustang GT I bought in April ($15K) our 3rd car, my insurance would have been $900 a year with a $1,000 deductible. So fairly close to yours. Since I sold my other car I got to transfer the discount of my old car with the 10+ year accident free and no tickets discount to the Mustang and my insurance dropped to about $600 per year now.

Holladay 08-05-2015 05:38 PM

I wish. I have 4 drivers (wife and 2 teenagers) and 5 vehicles. That ~$1200/yr insurance is just for this ONE car!! I just ran an Essurance quote, came up ~$1,100 for the cts-v. Crud.

mdchiefsfan 08-05-2015 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11636554)
Someone hit my new car in a parking lot today and drove off. I am not happy about this.

It's not dented, but they scraped a whole of paint off of it all along the front left corner. I have sent my entire army of flying monkeys out to catch and punish the perpetrator. I repeat: I am not happy about this.

This is where apricot would've come in handy. Not many people have that smudged on their bumper.

Rain Man 08-05-2015 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 11640740)
This is where apricot would've come in handy. Not many people have that smudged on their bumper.

That's a very good point. I could have easily caught and punished the perpetrator.

The good news is that my wife came home and I got a good look at the car. It's not nearly as bad as it looked in the photo she sent. In fact, I think the scrapes are almost exclusively the paint of the other car. There's a lot of it, but I actually think it can be buffed out, and I'm not sure it even damaged the Deep Sea blue of my paint.