ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Floyd and Pacman set to fight May 2nd!!!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290776)

In58men 02-22-2015 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 11341191)
Well, you'd definitely be the expert on annoying. What's wrong with pointing out that this fight should have happened years ago? If Mayweather wasn't such a bitch and quite possibly the most overrated fighter in my lifetime, this fight would have taken place when both fighters were in their prime.

20 people have already said it

ghak99 02-22-2015 10:18 AM

Meh... This fight should have happened 4 or 5 years ago.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-22-2015 11:09 AM

You know what I like about this fight?

That it's happening 5 years late.

kcxiv 02-22-2015 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 11341197)
It may not have been a KO, but he absolutely mopped the floor with Robert Guerrero. The 4th round knockout on Cruz counts too right?

Pacquiao's last loss? A 6th round KO. If you want to criticize FMM for not finishing fights decisively, why give Pac-Man a pass? When's the last time he knocked a guy out? Like 2008? Come on now.

Ortiz, that has a ****ing asterisk, because he wouldnt have knocked him out if it wasnt for that whole hugging ordeal, but youc an give it to him if you want. ITs a win, but come on now, would have never happened had the hugging or whatever it was that went down.

Pac might not have knocked anyone out, but he at least has hurt fighters, before that lucky punch Marquez got him with, he had dropped him like 2 times i think, them 4 fights all get bunched up in my head, he dropped Algeri 6 times and that fight should have been stopped in the 10th i believe, i have no idea why the ref's allowed him to keep going. If anyone watched the GGG fight lastnight, the Ref stopped it correctly it should have been the same for Manny in that fight.

Im not saying Manny is going to knock Floyd out, but there is no way in hell Floyd is going to Mop the floor with anyone. He may very well win, i expect him too, because he's going to 1-2 then get out. He's going to get hit a few times as well, but him seriously hurting anyone? naw.

-King- 02-22-2015 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 11341178)
I dont quite understand why so many people like watching small men fight. No weight divisions IMO. If there were no weight divisions Mayweather would be pumping gas. Is there an NFL for 140 lbs men? No? Why not? That's not fair! What about an NBA where the max height is 6 ft? Why don't they have that?

The NFL nor the NBA is a one on one sport. Comparison makes no sense.

kcxiv 02-22-2015 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 11341178)
I dont quite understand why so many people like watching small men fight. No weight divisions IMO. If there were no weight divisions Mayweather would be pumping gas. Is there an NFL for 140 lbs men? No? Why not? That's not fair! What about an NBA where the max height is 6 ft? Why don't they have that?

Because there is more action, better techinques, better foot work, better defense. IMO, its just better all around. Heavyweights while big and strong, dont give you the same kind of face paced action.

Dayze 02-22-2015 06:49 PM

Heavyweights are usually tired by the 4th round, and subsequent rounds end up being lame with guys throwing two punches, then clinching.

JohnnyHammersticks 02-22-2015 07:04 PM

The only way this fight is still interesting is if they allow Manny and Floyd to use their canes and walkers instead of gloves. At this point, they're so far past their primes they should use rocking chairs instead of stools between rounds. The only stools they'll be sitting on between rounds are the ones that leak out of their Depends.

Thanks, I'll be here all week....

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-22-2015 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 11342315)
The only way this fight is still interesting is if they allow Manny and Floyd to use their canes and walkers instead of gloves. At this point, they're so far past their primes they should use rocking chairs instead of stools between rounds. The only stools they'll be sitting on between rounds are the ones that leak out of their Depends.

Thanks, I'll be here all week....

This.

Two old bastards collecting retirement checks.