ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Did Tony Stewart Kill Someone Tonight? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285597)

Strongside 08-10-2014 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10807103)
He could say he didn't see the guy until the last minute and accelerated to try and avoid hitting him. Easy defense, hard to prove intent in my opinion :shrug:

Scumbag move, sure. I will be shocked if he gets into serious trouble

I grew up in dirt track racing. I drove modifieds for 10 years. You don't do something like that by accident, especially when you're arguably the best all-around driver on the planet. The guy could drive a pinto to victory lane. He will lose any argument based on his past anger issues and the fact that he's a professional driver who obviously steered and accelerated into a fellow driver who was outside the constraints of his car. You can see just fine, even better than a street car, out of those vehicles. The only obstructions are a roll cage and the roof. Tony got pissed because some punk ass kid was calling out a racing legend and he thought hed teach him a lesson. It appears that lesson went tragically wrong. Sad for all parties involved.

Gadzooks 08-10-2014 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 10807102)
He clearly revs his engine but I'm no expert to know if that's the reason his car slid into Ward. The earlier reports made it sound like Steward gunned it to slide sideways on purpose. He certainly hits the gas, but it will take an investigation to figure out what happened (or a better video of the incident).

It looks like it slid sideways because a human body was being mutilated under a rear wheel. :(

If I were a driver I'd have throwing stars or a shotgun. I wouldn't personally attack another vehicle.

L.A. Chieffan 08-10-2014 12:46 AM

The dude was standing in the middle of the track

Bufkin 08-10-2014 12:47 AM

That's plain murder, right in front of our eyes. I knew the guy was a scumbag, but I never pegged him as a killer.

RINGLEADER 08-10-2014 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 10807110)
It looks like it slid sideways because a human body was being mutilated under a rear wheel. :(

Unfortunately, that's what I thought as well. But he seems to get sucked under the wheel right when Stewart guns it.

I think he was parked on the far turn because he knew exactly what happened and what's coming next...

Hamwallet 08-10-2014 12:52 AM

This is new territory. The next week will be interesting to say the least.

Strongside 08-10-2014 12:54 AM

This is just crazy. I've seen some shit on a racetrack but this takes the cake.

Bufkin 08-10-2014 12:54 AM

Changed it to ESPN to see if anything was reported. Instead was greeted with a Johnny Manziel 7 yard run in slow motion being replayed multiple times.

TribalElder 08-10-2014 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 10807109)
I grew up in dirt track racing. I drove modifieds for 10 years. You don't do something like that by accident, especially when you're arguably the best all-around driver on the planet. The guy could drive a pinto to victory lane. He will lose any argument based on his past anger issues and the fact that he's a professional driver who obviously steered and accelerated into a fellow driver who was outside the constraints of his car. You can see just fine, even better than a street car, out of those vehicles. The only obstructions are a roll cage and the roof. Tony got pissed because some punk ass kid was calling out a racing legend and he thought hed teach him a lesson. It appears that lesson went tragically wrong. Sad for all parties involved.

I agree with what you are saying but I still doubt he gets in trouble. The other driver ran out onto the track in front of his car. As shitty as it may be I bet he walks

Also I could very likely be wrong, it has happen before quite a few times :)

TribalElder 08-10-2014 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Fisher (Post 10807118)
Changed it to ESPN to see if anything was reported. Instead was greeted with a Johnny Manziel 7 yard run in slow motion being replayed multiple times.

ROFL some things never change

Strongside 08-10-2014 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Fisher (Post 10807118)

Yeah get ready for that. Even if he's just the backup all of the highlights will be of him doing blow on the water table.

Just Passin' By 08-10-2014 01:00 AM

The other driver/walker stepped in front of the car, on a dirt track. WTF was he thinking?

chiefs1111 08-10-2014 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10807126)
The other driver/walker stepped in front of the car, on a dirt track. WTF was he thinking?

This.

TimBone 08-10-2014 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Fisher (Post 10807081)
Is that Triple H?

EDIT: and Stephanie McMahon?

Bah gawd, you're right, King!

Jim Jones 08-10-2014 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10807126)

Caution flag was out and no he did not "step in front of the car" at all, but thanks for playing.