ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***Geno Smith Watch 2014*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285547)

John Dope 08-10-2014 07:01 AM

Is the Geno line drawn with an age gap? It really seems like it to me. The young guys love Geno and the older crowd thinks he sucks. Maybe it's just my perception?

BigCatDaddy 08-10-2014 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dope (Post 10807323)
Is the Geno line drawn with an age gap? It really seems like it to me. The young guys love Geno and the older crowd thinks he sucks. Maybe it's just my perception?

Homer posters here hate Geno, objective posters here don't love Geno, but are open to the fact he could be a good QB in the NFL someday.

John Dope 08-10-2014 07:58 AM

Why do people here care so much about Geno? He's a Jet.

Messier 08-10-2014 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10807343)
Homer posters here hate Geno, objective posters here don't love Geno, but are open to the fact he could be a good QB in the NFL someday.

That's not how it breaks down. "Objective" posters zeroed in on Geno months before the draft, and decided it was Geno or bust with the first overall pick. "objective" posters aren't just open to the idea he might be good, they are openly rooting for him to be better than Alex Smith.

Honestly, a better argument would be E.J. Manuel, who I think is, and will be better than Geno. As one of the "homers" I didn't want Geno, because of what I saw, emotionally, and against better competition. Never would have taken him first overall.

BigCatDaddy 08-10-2014 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 10807364)
That's not how it breaks down. "Objective" posters zeroed in on Geno months before the draft, and decided it was Geno or bust with the first overall pick. "objective" posters aren't just open to the idea he might be good, they are openly rooting for him to be better than Alex Smith.

Honestly, a better argument would be E.J. Manuel, who I think is, and will be better than Geno. As one of the "homers" I didn't want Geno, because of what I saw, emotionally, and against better competition. Never would have taken him first overall.

That's complete BS.

It's pretty obvious to anyone that has been here awhile that the people that don't like Geno always tend to fall in line and like moves that the Chiefs make while others tend to be more critical of the team in other aspects/moves made. It's not just the Geno issue. The people that are open to Geno possibly not being a bust after year 1 and those that wrote him off after 3-4 games are on the opposing sides of 90% of the issues here. It goes beyond just Geno IMO. Its a mindset.

milkman 08-10-2014 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10803598)
Mike Vick is ****ing horrible.

This.

Michael Vick has had how many years to learn to play QB?
And he hasn't evolved a bit from the strong armed runner that entered the league 10-12 years ago.

Quote:

I believe that Geno Smith has the potential to be an outstanding QB in the right system, with good coaching.
I am not sure that he is in that situation in New York.

I think Andy Reid and this offense would have been the ideal situation for him.

So, since I'm one of the older posters here, the answer to your question is no.

At the end of the day, though, since he isn't Chief, I don't really give a rat's ass whether he succeeds or not.

I only clicked on this thread because I'm bored and have read every other thread, including the Tony Stewart thread and the NFL legitimate or not thread, two topics that I have virtually no interest in.

You ****ers need to step up and start entertaining me.

Coochie liquor 08-10-2014 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10807393)
That's complete BS.

It's pretty obvious to anyone that has been here awhile that the people that don't like Geno always tend to fall in line and like moves that the Chiefs make while others tend to be more critical of the team in other aspects/moves made. It's not just the Geno issue. The people that are open to Geno possibly not being a bust after year 1 and those that wrote him off after 3-4 games are on the opposing sides of 90% of the issues here. It goes beyond just Geno IMO. Its a mindset.

Actually I think a lot of the same dumb asses on here that are teh ghey for Geno and want to look off his bad stats, are the same dumb asses who critique A Smith and claim he can't be a good qb and look off his good stats! That's the line for me. I'm not a huge A Smith fan, but feel he's better than the qbs on a lot of the other teams in the league.

WhiteWhale 08-10-2014 08:52 AM

Quote:

That's complete BS.

No. It's that Geno was simply never the QB that the 'smarts' around here insisted he was.

32 NFL teams agreed. He fell into the 2nd round. He struggled as a rookie. The more stuff like this happened, the more entrenched the pro-geno crowd became.

I don't have a problem with the guy and wish him all the best, but Geno Smith is more popular on this forum than any NFL forum on the internet. It's almost like the result of a bizarre social experiment.

BigCatDaddy 08-10-2014 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 10807410)
Actually I think a lot of the same dumb asses on here that are teh ghey for Geno and want to look off his bad stats, are the same dumb asses who critique A Smith and claim he can't be a good qb and look off his good stats! That's the line for me. I'm not a huge A Smith fan, but feel he's better than the qbs on a lot of the other teams in the league.

Your post goes a bit into why I gave up any serious dialogue on the issue. I was busting a ton of guys commenting on Geno that probably didn't watch 4 quarters of Jets football all season long. ChiefO's, Marcellus, and Messier I remember that I busted talking out their asses on games that hadn't even seen.

Messier 08-10-2014 08:55 AM

Quote:

That's complete BS.

Come on. The reason Geno is still a topic isn't because of hater homers hoping he fails. It's still a topic because of the "objective" Chiefs fans rooting for him. Like I said, EJ has a better shot than Geno to become a good QB, yet there aren't any people following his career. There was, and is a Geno army (a few threatened to leave CP forever if the CHiefs didn't draft him) that want him to do well. The anti Geno stuff is a direct reaction to some people that seem to want Geno be better than Alex Smith.

BigCatDaddy 08-10-2014 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10807343)

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10807430)
No. It's that Geno was simply never the QB that the 'smarts' around here insisted he was.

32 NFL teams agreed. He fell into the 2nd round. He struggled as a rookie. The more stuff like this happened, the more entrenched the pro-geno crowd became.

I don't have a problem with the guy and wish him all the best, but Geno Smith is more popular on this forum than any NFL forum on the internet. It's almost like the result of a bizarre social experiment.

Exhibit A.

BigCatDaddy 08-10-2014 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 10807439)
Come on. The reason Geno is still a topic isn't because of hater homers hoping he fails. It's still a topic because of the "objective" Chiefs fans rooting for him. Like I said, EJ has a better shot than Geno to become a good QB, yet there aren't any people following his career. There was, and is a Geno army (a few threatened to leave CP forever if the CHiefs didn't draft him) that want him to do well. The anti Geno stuff is a direct reaction to some people that seem to want Geno be better than Alex Smith.

Geno is a topic here the same reason Will Myers and Jake Odorizzi are still topics regarding the Royals. Some people just like to follow things like this and see if the organization made the right move in the long run. Some people are also football fans and some people are just Chief fans that don't care about other players in the league like a few have mentioned. "He's a jet why do I care?" Hell you said you never watched a Jets game and don't care for Geno but always have near the most in any Geno related threads LMAO

keg in kc 08-10-2014 08:59 AM

Quote:

It's not an age line, it's a philosophy line. On one side you have people who have no problems with the team recycling backup quarterbacks for thirty years because they believe the draft is too much of a longshot, and they'd rather have the known quantity with a lower ceiling than gamble and risk a bust. On the other you have people who believe that the last thirty years have proven that trying to win with recycled quarterbacks is a too much of a longshot, and they would like the team to try the draft, fully knowing that it's a gamble. And those philosophies expand into other areas, like whether or not they're okay with drafting 'safe' picks like offensive linemen. You can probably classify it as conservative versus progressive team-building philosophy, although I think that's a little too narrow.

BigCatDaddy 08-10-2014 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10807449)
It's not an age line, it's a philosophy line. On one side you have people who have no problems with the team recycling backup quarterbacks for thirty years because they believe the draft is too much of a longshot, and they'd rather have the known quantity with a lower ceiling than gamble and risk a bust. On the other you have people who believe that the last thirty years have proven that trying to win with recycled quarterbacks is a too much of a longshot, and they would like the team to try the draft, fully knowing that it's a gamble. And those philosophies expand into other areas, like whether or not they're okay with drafting 'safe' picks like offensive linemen. You can probably classify it as conservative versus progressive team-building philosophy, although I think that's a little too narrow.

RIght. It's like DC. People are just wired a certain way.

milkman 08-10-2014 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 10807439)

No, both sides keep the topic alive and thriving.