ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink What's for dinner? Here's mine... (Part 2) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408)

NewChief 08-07-2014 06:35 PM

We had "pasta" night, which is a complete cluster**** for me as the chef.

One of my kids only likes pasta like rigatoni and rotini.
One of my kids only likes pasta like spaghetti, linguini, and angel hair.
My wife won't eat pasta at all.

So I cook up a massive sauce pan of "gravy" (garlic, onion, crushed red in olive oil then add quality canned tomatoes and cook down. Use the water from boiling pasta to thin as it thickens and tomatoes melt).

Kid #1 gets penne with the gravy and shaved parm
Kid #2 gets angel hair with gravy and shaved parm
Wife and I get quinoa with roasted zuchini out of the garden, topped with the gravy and no parm (we're watching lactose intake).

All were happy at the end of the night and cleanup was a bitch.

Fire Me Boy! 08-07-2014 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10801221)

So I cook up a massive sauce pan of "gravy" (garlic, onion, crushed red in olive oil then add quality canned tomatoes and cook down. Use the water from boiling pasta to thin as it thickens and tomatoes melt).

Wife and I get quinoa with roasted zuchini out of the garden, topped with the gravy and no parm (we're watching lactose intake).

Geez. I think one kid would learn to like the other pasta.

scho63 08-07-2014 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 10794532)
I don't know what happened here when he took these pics. They're not usually this small. I suspect my daughter did something to them. It'll have to suffice for now because I to work out-of-town again for three days. I tried one by cropping up close but the plate was still small. You can barely see the gumbo and I worked all day making it starting with a homemade shrimp broth! :deevee:

Looks like you are eating a great meal in a nice enclosed lanai in FL :hmmm:

scho63 08-07-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 10796081)
Use the gumbo calculator that could come in handy for more gallons than pots. Also a Justin Wilson cookin Cajun video is in order.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eK4umRMJlrs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That guy was one funny SOB!!!:D

GloucesterChief 08-07-2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

How can a kid not like pasta a certain shape of pasta but like others? There isn't a difference in the flavor just the shape......

NewChief 08-07-2014 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 10802395)
How can a kid not like pasta a certain shape of pasta but like others? There isn't a difference in the flavor just the shape......

Sensory issues for Kid 1. He has difficulty with all kinds of food depending on shape and texture. Kid 2 is just being a jackass and asserting independence but I let him do it in some things because he has to defer to his brother's differences in too many other areas.

Fire Me Boy! 08-08-2014 05:24 PM

Not the prettiest plate, but a tasty chuck eye steak, fresh peas, and fresh corn.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/09/y9u2une8.jpg

GloryDayz 08-08-2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10803992)
Not the prettiest plate, but a tasty chuck eye steak, fresh peas, and fresh corn.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/09/y9u2une8.jpg

Nice....

Buzz 08-08-2014 07:29 PM

Work brought in pizza for lunch, haven't thought about dinner, give me a few more beers and I'll be raiding the fridge.

BucEyedPea 08-08-2014 07:32 PM

Quote:

I would be told you don't like it, don't eat it 'cause you're gettin' nuthin else.

lewdog 08-08-2014 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 10804386)
I would be told you don't like it, don't eat it 'cause you're gettin' nuthin else.

I'm gonna guess by his post about sensory issues, his kid has more issues than just being a picky brat. Maybe try to judge less.

BucEyedPea 08-08-2014 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 10801874)
Looks like you are eating a great meal in a nice enclosed lanai in FL :hmmm:

Yes we did. Thank you very much. This weekend, now that I am back, I will make the beignets. Daughter home and we'll have after a late breakfast or brunch.

BucEyedPea 08-08-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10804389)
I'm gonna guess by his post about sensory issues, his kid has more issues than just being a picky brat. Maybe try to judge less.

I didn't see his later post yet. But I was not judging him. Just saying what my parents did to me. I would have probably done the same as him in his situation. Don't assume. I just in the thread and only saw a few posts.

BucEyedPea 08-08-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 10799691)
Leftover Gumbo was damn near better then the fresh.

That's what the cookbooks say too. I froze my leftovers minus seafood which got eaten. Definitely all the shrimp and oysters anyway.

BucEyedPea 08-08-2014 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 10796601)
Please dont add the skrimps to gumbo until the last 5 minutes.

I did last ten minutes.