ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs DeSean Jackson Is Officially A Redskin (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282722)

duncan_idaho 04-02-2014 07:54 AM

That contract is criminally insignificant.

As pointed out, the Chiefs could have easily found cap space to make that work. For a 27-year-old stud playmaker, still in his prime, with ties to KC's head coach?

I mean, if you're not willing to make things happen to create cap space for THAT difference maker, you're not willing to do it for any.

The Franchise 04-02-2014 08:00 AM

We couldn't afford that? Bullshit.

TRR 04-02-2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10533730)

As pointed out, the Chiefs could have easily found cap space to make that work. For a 27-year-old stud playmaker, still in his prime, with ties to KC's head coach?

I mean, if you're not willing to make things happen to create cap space for THAT difference maker, you're not willing to do it for any.

Agree. KC has decided to sit out the free agency period. With a limited amount of picks, it will be hard to see this years team finishing anywhere near last years. I can't remember a time where FA removed so many players away without doing anything to plug the hole they left.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr_Tomahawk 04-02-2014 08:05 AM

LOL at the Raiders.

Snapplez 04-02-2014 08:05 AM

Huge steal for the Redskins

dirk digler 04-02-2014 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10533730)

I can't believe there was a 2000+ thread thinking the Chiefs would sign him. There is alot of delusional people on this board.

Eleazar 04-02-2014 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10533746)
LOL at the Raiders.

Really, how did they miss on the hometown guy who grew up dreaming of playing for them, when they had infinity cap space?

Mr_Tomahawk 04-02-2014 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10533751)
Really, how did they miss on the hometown guy who grew up dreaming of playing for them, when they had infinity cap space?

That is what makes it even better...that and the fact DJaxtoOak was trending worldwide...

LMAO

duncan_idaho 04-02-2014 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10533748)
I can't believe there was a 2000+ thread thinking the Chiefs would sign him. There is alot of delusional people on this board.

What's even better about that thread is how many people:

1) Used the contract/bidding war angle as an excuse for the Chiefs to not sign him

2) Used the alleged "gang ties" as an excuse for the Chiefs to not sign him

chiefzilla1501 04-02-2014 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10533723)
Seriuosly, your spin is getting more ****ing ridiculous every ****ing day.

The Patriots won 3 SBs with a cast of players that weren't anywhere close to the best at their positions.

The Steelers won 2.

Winning championships is about finding the right pieces to fit around your core.
This core group is good enough to win with.

You're comparing our team to two dynasties? Two teams with hall of fame qbs? Outside of Charles and Hali, our aging core is not as good as we make them out to be. They are players who need to support playmakers, not a core of guys who can carry the team on their back.

How can you call dj core when he anchored a defense that imploded? How can you call Bowe core when our receivers looked flat all of last year? How can you call flowers core when he's basically been demoted to play nickel? These are the guys we are supposed to go all in on?

GordonGekko 04-02-2014 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapplez (Post 10533747)
Huge steal for the Redskins

Now if they could just get a QB that could throw him the ball...

duncan_idaho 04-02-2014 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 10533744)
Agree. KC has decided to sit out the free agency period. With a limited amount of picks, it will be hard to see this years team finishing anywhere near last years. I can't remember a time where FA removed so many players away without doing anything to plug the hole they left.
Posted via Mobile Device

They're going to win 6 games. And we're going to hear most of the season that the fanbase needs to be patient, that this front office has a plan, that they just need to put more playmakers around Alex Smith and add a few pieces to the OL and DL.

Most will buy it.

The Franchise 04-02-2014 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 10533759)
Now if they could just get a QB that could throw him the ball...

Jay Gruden made Andy Dalton look good. He's going to make RG3 awesome. Especially now that he has Garçon, Jackson and Reed to throw to.

BossChief 04-02-2014 08:13 AM

VERY DISAPOINTING

htismaqe 04-02-2014 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 10533744)
Posted via Mobile Device

And here it is folks.

TRR is one of the most level-headed guys here. Often the voice of reason when people like me get all crazy...