ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Fox - Gotham (Pre Batman) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276659)

lawrenceRaider 10-23-2014 12:01 PM

I've enjoyed it so far. Bit tedious here and there, but overall promising.

keg in kc 11-03-2014 09:20 PM

Wow. That's a hell of a plan. Did you sit down with a panel of chimpanzees and a bucket of crack and come up with that one?

LMAO

Silock 11-04-2014 12:26 AM

This was the best episode of this series tonight.

That's not saying a lot, but if every episode from here on out is this good, I'll keep watching. Liked the introduction of Harley Quinn.

keg in kc 11-04-2014 12:27 AM

Thought the last two weeks were both the best since the pilot.

I must've missed Harley Quinn. Not sure what you're referring to there.

Silock 11-04-2014 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11083424)
Thought the last two weeks were both the best since the pilot.

I must've missed Harley Quinn. Not sure what you're referring to there.

She was the baker lady. She called Falcone "Mr. F." Totally Harley Quinn.

keg in kc 11-04-2014 01:36 AM

That girl was the one Fish Mooney planted a few weeks ago. I don't think she's Harleen Quinzell, but I guess anything's possible.

DaneMcCloud 11-04-2014 01:59 AM

Another show piling up in the DVR.

What's the word? On par with The Flash? Better?

Silock 11-04-2014 02:46 AM

Not as good as The Flash, IMO.

Honestly, if it weren't for the connection with Batman, I'd have checked out of this show 15 minutes into the pilot.

The Flash is just better, because it's not trying to be something it isn't. It isn't cheesy like Smallville was, but it's not Nolan serious, either. It's a comic book.

Gotham doesn't know what the **** it wants to be. At times it's campy as hell, especially with Jada Pink Smith's character. Nigma was super lighthearted for the first four episodes and then became a serious guy in the next one. It's weird. And this little 10 year old kid Bruce Wayne is already like half-Batman. He's super detective. Doesn't fit the narrative of the comic books. At this rate, there's no way in this particular universe that Gordon won't know that Batman is Bruce Wayne in the next year. Doesn't make sense.

So far, this season is really all about The Penguin. Which, again, is weird, but it's okay because the kid playing him is doing such a damn good job. Otherwise, it really just needs to find its footing, much like Agents of Shield did. That show was a mess the first half of its first season, and then all of a sudden started clicking and is now a must-watch show for fans of the Marvel universe. Hopefully, Gotham is trending that way.

007 11-04-2014 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11083520)
Another show piling up in the DVR.

What's the word? On par with The Flash? Better?

Flash is better.

Gotham is good though. Not great. It is kind of a mess but it is doing enough to keep me watching. I agree with Silock in that it could find its way midseason and make it all worth it. Yesterday was by far the best episode of the season and could be the turning point.

keg in kc 11-04-2014 11:06 PM

It's hard to compare it to Flash as they're very different shows. Flash is light-hearted and fun whereas Gotham is kind of a mix of the Burton and Nolan Batman universes. I think they're both good in their own right, although Flash has been more consistently good. But Gotham has higher production values and is I think starting to find its feet. Both are worth watching in my mind.

thabear04 11-05-2014 02:07 AM

The next 3 episode are

8 "The Mask"
9 "Harvey Dent"
10 "LoveCraft"

Pitt Gorilla 11-25-2014 12:49 AM

I've really been enjoying this show. The score and cinematography have been outstanding.

007 11-25-2014 12:50 AM

Alfred is a badass!!!!

keg in kc 11-25-2014 12:57 AM

Interesting change in dynamic when it returns. I like it.

Pitt Gorilla 11-25-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11143534)
Interesting change in dynamic when it returns. I like it.

I don't know. I certainly didn't need Gordon demoted. The show was humming alone pretty awesomely as it was.