ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ***OFFICIAL USMNT SOCCER THREAD*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274788)

|Zach| 10-16-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 10090395)
That's cool... next summer, I assume? Still haven't made it to a Sporting game, but at least try to get into the WC when it rolls around.

World Cup is in Brazil next summer.

memyselfI 10-16-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 10090335)
My God, Graham Zusi just made Mexico explode in a JIMP GIGANTE

I read people Tweeted they were naming their unborn children after him. ;) He's one of my favorites so, as part Mexican, I'm happy as a clam.

Buck 10-16-2013 04:48 PM

LOL at Mexican Broadcast. Translation below video.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CKKeSG_bXAU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"GOOOOAAAAAAL, GOOOALLLL OF THE US….

“We love you! We love you forever and ever! God Bless America! The USA puts us in the playoffs!

“It is because of the USA that we are being placed in the playoff ... because of them, not due to you! Not any of you in the green shirts. It was them! Not you! They did it, not you!

“Remember this forever. Keep this clearly in mind for the rest of your lives. You do nothing for the shirt, you do not put any effort for the team, you have not placed us in the World Cup, you would not have kept us alive.

“It was the US, not you! Not you and your arrogance, not you and your infamy, not you and your punks.

"It is a failure … and undeserved. We had no arguments to earn the playoffs. The USA, with subs, with many subs as the visiting team, shows us once against what the USA is all about … how to play this game with dignity, how to approach the sport.

“Mexico is a horror, just terrible. A failure.

“GOOOOOOALLL [Johannsson scores the winning goal for the US]! GOOOOOOALL of the US! We are in the playoffs! The US did it so we can keep criticizing [Mexico]!

“So we can say that the US has surpassed us. They are better than Mexico in soccer. They even have the luxury of playing their subs and keeping us alive … I hope our coach wears the pants and resigns. He has failed as a coach in the national team.”

big nasty kcnut 10-16-2013 04:53 PM

Mexico owes us big time.

Reaper16 10-16-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10092133)
LOL at Mexican Broadcast. Translation below video.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CKKeSG_bXAU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"GOOOOAAAAAAL, GOOOALLLL OF THE US….

“We love you! We love you forever and ever! God Bless America! The USA puts us in the playoffs!

“It is because of the USA that we are being placed in the playoff ... because of them, not due to you! Not any of you in the green shirts. It was them! Not you! They did it, not you!

“Remember this forever. Keep this clearly in mind for the rest of your lives. You do nothing for the shirt, you do not put any effort for the team, you have not placed us in the World Cup, you would not have kept us alive.

“It was the US, not you! Not you and your arrogance, not you and your infamy, not you and your punks.

"It is a failure … and undeserved. We had no arguments to earn the playoffs. The USA, with subs, with many subs as the visiting team, shows us once against what the USA is all about … how to play this game with dignity, how to approach the sport.

“Mexico is a horror, just terrible. A failure.

“GOOOOOOALLL [Johannsson scores the winning goal for the US]! GOOOOOOALL of the US! We are in the playoffs! The US did it so we can keep criticizing [Mexico]!

“So we can say that the US has surpassed us. They are better than Mexico in soccer. They even have the luxury of playing their subs and keeping us alive … I hope our coach wears the pants and resigns. He has failed as a coach in the national team.”

Best sports call of all time?

Buck 10-16-2013 05:05 PM

I'm pretty sure that most of the best sports calls of all time are from Spanish Speaking Soccer announcers.

Saul Good 10-16-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10092156)
Best sports call of all time?

I don't even know what number two could possibly be.

big nasty kcnut 10-19-2013 01:08 AM

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/15...-hopes?cc=5901

All i have to say is **** mexico.

chefsos 10-19-2013 01:57 AM

Disclaimer: I rarely watch the game.

But I saw this story and, well, HOLY SHIT.

Between the events and circumstances of those games and Donovan's comments (he totally called their integrity into question and...go Landon. **** 'em) a potential USA/MEX WC match would be...what's a word stronger than epic?

Epic<sup>2</sup>?

You know at least one of those guys owes, literally, his life to the US team. Someone would have been found headless on a Mexican road if they didn't qualify.

kstater 03-05-2014 01:19 PM

That was pathetic.

|Zach| 03-05-2014 01:29 PM

Not a lot of meaningful possession in the midfield.

|Zach| 03-05-2014 01:37 PM

I just don't really see this as our team.

|Zach| 03-05-2014 01:39 PM

I really hate our World Cup jerseys.

tymania 03-05-2014 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 10468187)
I really hate our World Cup jerseys.

are they wearing the all whites?

|Zach| 03-05-2014 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 10468194)
are they wearing the all whites?

Yes.

The hoops were distinctive and awesome. The whites are shit.