ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Soccer in Brazil - Ref stabs and kills a player and the crowd then beheads ref (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274337)

Setsuna 07-07-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9796377)
It wasn't that a team lost. It was that the ref stabbed a player. Also, I don't think the problem with Brazil hosting the world cup is their national team not performing, their national team is excellent. It's more about the economic strain, that hosting the wold cup brings to a nation like Brazil.

My point is that their fans are so passionate that they would do something like behead a referee for shanking a player. These people are fanatics and everyone all over the world will be on their turf. The government essentially has no control over these people. I'll just hope for everyone's safety then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9796429)
Probably the closest I've ever been to divorce was when my wife and I vacationed in Brazil. I got caught looking so often that my wife actually went out and bought a thong bikini to keep my eyes from wandering. It helped, but not completely.

ROFLROFLROFL You think she was looking too?

Baby Lee 07-07-2013 11:19 AM

What strikes me is;

This was an amateur match. Much different than pro or certainly WC level. Who knows what kind of area Maranhao is?

How the **** is a ref equipped to stab a player to death, and the crowd is equipped to dismember a ref?

Sounds like this is more about the area than the sport.

beach tribe 07-07-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9796392)
But still. The cost of providing world class stadiums and facilities for the world cup and Olympics could be spent on other things, which actually benefit the nation, such as education. That's was the protesters are saying anyway.

The protesters are dumbasses.
Brazil can only benefit from hosting the WC.

Bambi 07-07-2013 03:46 PM

I'm kinda impressed that the ref could run around for an entire game with a knife on him that is substantial enough to kill someone.

mikey23545 07-07-2013 04:09 PM

Good thing it wasn't a doubleheader.

Fire Me Boy! 07-07-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9795645)
The game was continued and ended in a 1-1 tie.

Stealing from Deadspin?

AussieChiefsFan 07-08-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clayton Bibsby (Post 9796499)
My point is that their fans are so passionate that they would do something like behead a referee for shanking a player. These people are fanatics and everyone all over the world will be on their turf. The government essentially has no control over these people. I'll just hope for everyone's safety then.

When you say "they're fanatics", i don't think you can general the entire country like that.

Imon Yourside 07-08-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9796506)
What strikes me is;

This was an amateur match. Much different than pro or certainly WC level. Who knows what kind of area Maranhao is?

How the **** is a ref equipped to stab a player to death, and the crowd is equipped to dismember a ref?

Sounds like this is more about the area than the sport.

Ever been to a Raiders Home game?

Sorter 07-08-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9796691)
The protesters are dumbasses.
Brazil can only benefit from hosting the WC.

The majority of data actually shows that the economic impact from hosting events like this is either negligible or negative.

Rasputin 07-08-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9796434)
There are not words for how crazy this was or how nobody stepped in. They have no security at soccer games?

I don't know what the security was at that game, but if it was a big enough and angry enough mob of people to dismember a body I kind of doubt any security would have done much good.

mdchiefsfan 07-08-2013 07:50 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3wafhDIMU6w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dave Lane 07-08-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9796429)
Probably the closest I've ever been to divorce was when my wife and I vacationed in Brazil. I got caught looking so often that my wife actually went out and bought a thong bikini to keep my eyes from wandering. It helped, but not completely.

Sunglasses and remember don't move the head only the eyes

LoneWolf 07-08-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9798124)
Sunglasses and remember don't move the head only the eyes

I had mirrored sunglasses on. I think they gave me a false sense of security to where I was blatantly moving my head. Oh well, it got my wife into a thong bikini which was nice and she did other things to keep my interest while on the trip that made it worth the initial complaining.

GloryDayz 07-08-2013 10:26 AM

If they only had the soccer equivalent of the K-zone there'd be at least two more folks contributing to global warming today.

Dave Lane 07-08-2013 10:50 AM

So is there a video of the ref knifing the player?