ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football What would it take for your fanhood to change. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272766)

Mr. Flopnuts 05-04-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 9656608)
Years of heartache will make it that much sweeter when we finally do win a SB (has to happen eventually, right?). If you're a Seahawks fan and they win one it wont feel very special to you.

This is the correct answer. The fact is, the Chiefs and Huskies are the only piece of childhood joy I get out of sports. I do like the Seahawks. I grew up in Seattle. The year they went to the Superbowl meant next to nothing to me. Oh, cool! They made it. Sure hope they win. Nothing more. Didn't sit there watching living and breathing with every play. Didn't lose it over the refs ****ing them out of the entire game. It's just not the same.

alpha_omega 05-04-2013 05:34 PM

Never.

cockeyes 05-04-2013 05:45 PM

It's kind of expected if you're a giant vagina

COchief 05-04-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9657325)
I think how emotionally detached from the team I currently am is a low point, already.

It can only go up from here.

Wait until they cut your gay lover in training camp...that will be miles below what you're feeling now.

"If they would just give Ricky a chance..."

Chiefaholic 05-04-2013 05:51 PM

They'd have to move the team like Modell did the Browns for me to even consider the idea. Part of what made me a fan was watching games with my dad at Arrowhead.

cockeyes 05-04-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9656607)
I get sick, sometimes, of the Chiefs honestly doing all the important things wrong. Underwhelming free agency classes, poor drafts, frequent coaching and regime changes.

It sounds like all your loyalty needs to be renewed is a few W's.

What do we call those people who are only there when the sailing is smooth

Planetman 05-04-2013 05:58 PM

I guess perhaps some sort of industrial accident, or a mishap with weed whack, or if a jealous girlfriend with a sharp knife came after while I was asleep I might ... oh wait, ... you said fanhood.

Chief Roundup 05-04-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9656607)
I debated this a couple times the past season.

I get sick, sometimes, of the Chiefs honestly doing all the important things wrong. Underwhelming free agency classes, poor drafts, frequent coaching and regime changes.

What if I just hopped on the Seahawks wagon? What would that cost me?

Good coaching, great quarterbacking, player acquisitions and good drafts. Good fans, best stadium in the country...

What stands in my way, honestly?

The only way I would stop being a Chiefs fan is if they leave Kansas City.
The Seachickens might look more appealing right now but they have had their own share of crap years/teams and regimes. Chances are once you follow any other team for a while you will end up feeling a lot of the same feelings. And during the down turn in feelings the Chiefs will win a SB and then what?

SCTrojan 05-04-2013 06:09 PM

I think the only way it would change is if they moved to another town.

Bump 05-04-2013 06:11 PM

I said I was gonna root for the Redskins, I kinda did in the playoffs. But my heart is in KC, unfortunately.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-04-2013 06:13 PM

I had a team move that I was incredibly passionate about. The Sonics were my number 2 team in all of sports when they moved. I don't watch NBA basketball anymore. The Chiefs moving could kill off pro football for me. I guess what it comes down to is I won't switch teams. I'll stop watching.

Bump 05-04-2013 06:13 PM

To entertain myself in the NFL season, I find myself just rooting for players that I like and the teams they are on.

I like Adrian Peterson, I think he's badass. I root for the Vikings sometimes, when they are on for AP.

Calvin Johnson is the most freakish thing you've ever seen and it's hard not to root for him

RG3, I've always followed and been a fan. root for the redskins sometimes.

But as a team, I'll never root for another team, just players that I like.

Spott 05-04-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9656677)
Fandom shouldn't feel like a prison sentence. If it's not fun, what's the use in it?

Being a Chiefs fan is like a lifelong prison sentence at Shawshank. Your team get ass pounded repeatedly and every time you get a glimmer of hope that you're gonna get free, the warden shoots it down and you're back in the hole for a few more years. Unfortunately, there's no freedom at the end of a shit tunnel in this movie because the Chiefs shit tunnel just goes in endless circles.

griZZly64 05-04-2013 07:04 PM

I could never turn my back on the Chiefs

Johnny Vegas 05-04-2013 07:10 PM

its your choice.