ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ESPN Audibles talking Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272659)

Rausch 05-01-2013 03:21 AM

First: Herman Edwards was a horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE, HC in every area that matters. His team did not get up for big games (playoff or division) and he had no clue at all how to "manage" a game.

He had no ability to respond immediately to how the defense or offense ways playing. Complete disconnect in game. Horrible clock management (not just here but in NY as well.) Horrible "feel" for the game or what was or wasn't the right decision at the time.

That said, he's an excellent scout of talent. Always has been. He should be hired by someone right now. He's as ****ing far off the ranch as anyone can be but he knows players and knows how to find them.

I'd pay him top dollar to be our head of scouting (is that even a position? I'm not sure. But I'd make him the Tzar of that. You're the Tzar of scouting.)

Fire Me Boy! 05-01-2013 05:34 AM

This year, I just want to have fun watching the Chiefs on Sundays. Seriously, I can wait on the playoffs if they can make it so I care again.

Lightrise 05-01-2013 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PA Chiefs (Post 9646990)
Cutting the turnovers and having someone who can complete 60% of his passes plus the defense staying or marginally improving we should win at least 9-10 games.

That's the way I see it too...10 wins. Reid and Dorsey have brought a determined, competent, common sense thought process to the team. They made the right #1 pick and there was a 50-50 chance of blowing it. Grabbing Bray was a really smart thing to do. But the summary provided above does indeed translate to winning. There is still some garbage on the roster but we made huge strides since January.

ChiefGator 05-01-2013 06:29 AM

The thing I'm afraid of is how long it takes for the team to start gelling and playing within the new systems. I'm afraid we could 1-3 after the Giants game, but if they start to get it together then, before a rash of easier games, this team could easily compete for the AFC West or a wildcard.

And the defensive line scares me.... we'll see I guess.

King_Chief_Fan 05-01-2013 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9647987)
I admit to not watching many eagles games, but I do recall a game against the eagles and kc was cleaning their clocks, until halftime. Reid had to have a part in he halftime adjustments, at least that's what I'm telling myself.....

I was at that game

WhiteWhale 05-01-2013 06:34 AM

I heard that in 2011 and 2012.

Rausch 05-01-2013 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 9648076)
And the defensive line scares me.... we'll see I guess.

Don't tell anyone, I mean ANYONE I told you this but...the DL doesn't mean jack squat if you have 3 solid pass-rushing LB's...

Marcellus 05-01-2013 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9647670)
Matt Moore played on some bad Carolina teams and some bad Miami teams, he's nothing super fantastic but he would have gotten kc just as many wins as Alex Myth. They have almost identical passer ratings and completion percentages and Moore did it with a lot less talent.

Right right. Because Alex Smith's 49'ers team early on were good teams you know. Like the one who got the 1st overall to draft him was loaded for years.

One guy has played in 37 games in his career and the other 80 but yea the sample size is equal.

The only talented teams he has played on coincide with his RISE in performance.

Lets use stats when you want and ignore them when you dont want to like ignoring Smith being the highest rated passed in the league through 10 games last year before the concussion.

Matt Moore is so good he is not going to be starting anywhere next year barring a Tannehill injury.

ChiefGator 05-01-2013 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9648082)
Don't tell anyone, I mean ANYONE I told you this but...the DL doesn't mean jack squat if you have 3 solid pass-rushing LB's...

Assuming we somehow tackle the running back for a loss on first down of course.

MahiMike 05-01-2013 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9647988)
First: Herman Edwards was a horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE, HC in every area that matters. His team did not get up for big games (playoff or division) and he had no clue at all how to "manage" a game.

He had no ability to respond immediately to how the defense or offense ways playing. Complete disconnect in game. Horrible clock management (not just here but in NY as well.) Horrible "feel" for the game or what was or wasn't the right decision at the time.

That said, he's an excellent scout of talent. Always has been. He should be hired by someone right now. He's as ****ing far off the ranch as anyone can be but he knows players and knows how to find them.

I'd pay him top dollar to be our head of scouting (is that even a position? I'm not sure. But I'd make him the Tzar of that. You're the Tzar of scouting.)

I hate Herm for destroying one of the best offenses in the history of the NFL.

Rausch 05-01-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9648088)

At that point it was rotten and full of teh 'mites and he just lit it on fire.

And he hired the best guys to fix it. He spent good money on it. He just woke up one day and realized he was Corey Haim...

Cephalic Trauma 05-01-2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 9647974)
How many times was our defense completely screwed by our offense turning it right back over? That was god awful to watch sometimes (most the time).

Having an offense sustain long drives instead of turning the ball over does make a big difference.

Shit, we have pro-bowlers on defense as well.

We don't have anything close to SF's D. Willis, Bowman, Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, used to have Gholdson.

We don't even compare talent-wise. If you watch us, then watch them, it's night and day.

patteeu 05-01-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9648088)

Herm didn't destroy it. Injuries and age leading to the end of Trent Green, Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson, Willie Roaf, and Will Shields, among others destroyed it.

Dayze 05-01-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9648148)
Herm didn't destroy it. Injuries and age leading to the end of Trent Green, Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson, Willie Roaf, and Will Shields, among others destroyed it.

that illegal hit on Gaither still fires me up.
Can't believe there wasn't a call; and or a fine.

if that shit happened to Manning or Brady there would probably be a flag, fine, and suspension for trying to kill the NFL's Golden Goose.

HemiEd 05-01-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefaholic (Post 9646880)
It's cool to be an hater on CP. There's isn't a damn thing that Dorsey could have done to make the glass half empty crowd happy. Am I ectatic to have A. Smith as QB, hell no. But, ANYBODY other than Matt Cassel is better in my eyes. Thank God that experiment is past tense and we have a physically gifted rookie QB for our staff to work with. Bray's floor is Jeff George and his ceiling is Brett Favre.

That is bullshit. I would have been thrilled if he had drafted a QB and broken the 30 year mold of failure. There was never a bigger optimist to hit this board than me, but I am sick of same old crap.

Now shouldn't you run along and chug some kool-aid? :D