ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mellinger: First three months of Dorsey’s Chiefs regime far cry from *****’s (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271830)

milkman 04-06-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9563340)
But besides that fact, they apparently truly believe that he's a championship caliber QB that will have the same success in KC has he's had for the past two seasons in SF.

Again, take it FWIW.

Seriously, they think a game manager has had some kind of great success?

If they are that stupid, then we are more ****ed than I thought when Reid was initially hired.

Rasputin 04-06-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9563304)
No team has ever won a Super Bowl without a QB that team has drafted in the first round.

For something completely different that this franchise hasn't done in 30 years is draft a first round QB. We average a new QB every 3-4 years and one playoff win with Joe ****ing Montana. **** the retreads. Draft and see if we can develop a QB worth a shit to take us to the promise land.

Mother****erJones 04-06-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9563340)
But besides that fact, they apparently truly believe that he's a championship caliber QB that will have the same success in KC has he's had for the past two seasons in SF.

Again, take it FWIW.

Ya I agree. Reid can coach QBs. I'm fine with whomever he wants. Although, I want a first round QB draft pick, I'm good with Reid. Got to trust these guys to get it done. They're not arrogant douchebags who leeched off of Belicheat.

The_Doctor10 04-06-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9563328)
FWIW, I've been told by multiple people associated with the league in one way or another, that the Chiefs are absolutely sold on Alex Smith.

Again, take it FWIW.

For now, I'm sure they are. If he doesn't measure up, I'm sure they'll kick him to the curb. But if someone better or with the potential to be better comes available, I don't think for a second they would pass on him because they had Alex smith on the roster.

milkman 04-06-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9563351)
Yeah, they improved but not through "normal" means. The Wing T?

:D

I liked Levy but I do believe he had a fair opportunity in KC. I know that Lamar Hunt said his biggest regret was firing Marv, but I also believe that Marv wouldn't have had the success he had in Buffalo without the growing pains he experienced in KC (and to a lesser degree, the USFL).

He did what he had to do to compete.

He was hired onto a team that was complete shit.

Last year was the worst year I can remember, but that's because this team had better talent overall than a 2-14 record would indicate.

But that was the product of piss poor coaching and QB play.

Those teams in the early 80s had some of the worst football players we've ever seen in our lives.

Messier 04-06-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9563279)
I bet Geno Smith can make the big time plays that Alex Smith would fail at. Game managing Alex Smith would have the edge. Give another couple seasons and Geno Smith will most likely be head and shoulders over Alex Smith.

Geno will also make many more game costing mistakes in his first few years, I'll bet. I don't know it's "likely" Geno will be head and shoulders above AS, because QB is never that sure of a bet. I'd say it's 50-50 Geno becomes a top 15 QB.

DTLB58 04-06-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Doctor10 (Post 9563357)
For now, I'm sure they are. If he doesn't measure up, I'm sure they'll kick him to the curb. But if someone better or with the potential to be better comes available, I don't think for a second they would pass on him because they had Alex smith on the roster.

Well, lets hope if he fails they kick him to the curb oppose to holding onto to him for four seasons and living through HELL!

DaneMcCloud 04-06-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9563364)
He did what he had to do to compete.

He was hired onto a team that was complete shit.

Last year was the worst year I can remember, but that's because this team had better talent overall than a 2-14 record would indicate.

But that was the product of piss poor coaching and QB play.

Those teams in the early 80s had some of the worst football players we've ever seen in our lives.

Offensively, maybe, outside of Delaney. But defensively, the had some real players. Either way, the end result was the same. No playoffs, no playoff wins, losing seasons.

And just for the record, I wasn't then or am now "Anti-Marv", although I don't think that he would have had the same results in KC as he had in Buffalo, mainly due to Jim Schaaf.

cdcox 04-06-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9563064)
The Chiefs aren't a playoff threat while Peyton Manning is in the AFC West.

Manning was falling apart at the end of last season. The Bronco's tried to hide his rag arm in the last payoff game. If they win the division, it will be by default. Not afraid.

DaneMcCloud 04-06-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9563389)
Manning was falling apart at the end of last season. The Bronco's tried to hide his rag arm in the last payoff game. If they win the division, it will be by default. Not afraid.

This is a very good point.

I think it will be interesting to see how the Chiefs match up and challenge Manning with Smith, Robinson, Flowers, Berry and whoever else they add (I'm not counting on Abdullah at this point).

milkman 04-06-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9563384)
Offensively, maybe, outside of Delaney. But defensively, the had some real players. Either way, the end result was the same. No playoffs, no playoff wins, losing seasons.

And just for the record, I wasn't then or am now "Anti-Marv", although I don't think that he would have had the same results in KC as he had in Buffalo, mainly due to Jim Schaaf.

Maybe.

But outside of DT, the core group of players that Marty had his early success with wer the players drafted by Schaaf.

DaneMcCloud 04-06-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9563393)
Maybe.

But outside of DT, the core group of players that Marty had his early success with wer the players drafted by Schaaf.

Yeah, absolutely. But even in the Steadman/Schaaf era, they were hesitant to scout and draft QB's consistently. I do give them credit for Fuller and Blackledge for trying, but there should have been a ton of guys in between and after.

As a Chiefs fan, I have to wonder if those decisions, or non-decisions, influenced Levy but even moreso, Polian.

He was never shy about drafting a QB once he left KC.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-06-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9563268)
FWIW, none of those guys he got to replace McNabb were good enough either. Washing down a shit sandwich with a glass of piss doesn't solve your problem.

rofl...vintage Hamas.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9563392)
This is a very good point.

I think it will be interesting to see how the Chiefs match up and challenge Manning with Smith, Robinson, Flowers, Berry and whoever else they add (I'm not counting on Abdullah at this point).

Peyton Manning destroys guys like Sean Smith and Dunta Robinson.

DaneMcCloud 04-06-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9563400)
Peyton Manning destroys guys like Sean Smith and Dunta Robinson.

He used to destroy them.

I'm not so sure he can do that at age 37.