ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs looking to Trade down (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270402)

RINGLEADER 02-26-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9440262)
If an irrelevant franchise could mess up the draft, it would be the Chiefs...

You dont become the Chiefs by doing the right thing.

You become the Chiefs by pushing for 9-7 and not screwing up the tailgating experience.

Trading the #1 pick tells you all you need to know about your failing franchise.

Well said.

If we let Albert walk for Joeckel or another LT it will be the clearest indication yet that this organization makes moves based first and foremost on money. That conclusion is, of course,rescinded if we address a meaningful need that makes the team better with the "Albert dollars," but I wouldn't count on it.

htismaqe 02-26-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 9440282)
I think it's more likely we steal someone's #1 from next year for a swap of #2's and I would personally be for just such a move.

There's always next year!

htismaqe 02-26-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 9440290)
Well said.

If we let Albert walk for Joeckel or another LT it will be the clearest indication yet that this organization makes moves based first and foremost on money. That conclusion is, of course,rescinded if we address a meaningful need that makes the team better with the "Albert dollars," but I wouldn't count on it.

There's only 1 glaring need on this team and it's perfectly addressed with the #1 pick.

Anything other than that is unacceptable.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-26-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9440262)
If an irrelevant franchise could mess up the draft, it would be the Chiefs...

You dont become the Chiefs by doing the right thing.

You become the Chiefs by pushing for 9-7 and not screwing up the tailgating experience.

Trading the #1 pick tells you all you need to know about your failing franchise.

Dorsey has been successful
Reid has been successful

These are not the same Chiefs management of past years. They will do the right thing.

htismaqe 02-26-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9440480)
Reid has been successful

These are not the same Chiefs management of past years. They will do the right thing.

Prove it.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-26-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 9440282)
I think it's more likely we steal someone's #1 from next year for a swap of #2's and I would personally be for just such a move.

Why ?

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-26-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9440295)
There's only 1 glaring need on this team and it's perfectly addressed with the #1 pick.

Anything other than that is unacceptable.

This. Fiber-up, take off the depends, and do the ****ing deal.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rasputin 02-26-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9440480)
Reid has been successful

Really? You think so? They are going to do something completely different than Carl Pioli?

Fat Elvis 02-26-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9438642)
if they trade down passed Philly Oakland you can kiss Geno goodbye

FYP (sans passed)

Coogs 02-26-2013 10:24 AM

Detriot shopped the top pick when Stafford was their pick too. Even if it was a token shop around, I recall seeing it at that time.

My guess is that is what is happening here now. Shop it to see if there are any takers. Nothing short of a massive haul of draft picks will sway Dorsey and Reid though.

JMO

htismaqe 02-26-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9440555)
Detriot shopped the top pick when Stafford was their pick too. Even if it was a token shop around, I recall seeing it at that time.

My guess is that is what is happening here now. Shop it to see if there are any takers. Nothing short of a massive haul of draft picks will sway Dorsey and Reid though.

JMO

Good post. I hope you're right.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-26-2013 10:40 AM

Me tizzle.
Posted via Mobile Device

OrtonsPiercedTaint 02-26-2013 10:43 AM

It's all fine.

Call for a trade for Alex Smith. Demand a trade down to take a guard. Then when it all does not work? Call Clark Hunt cheap. Easy peasy.

Bewbies 02-26-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9440253)
Right Brees became that later. But they still got that quality HOF player in the draft from that trade. We're talking about the draft trade. You're talking about the lack of coaching/system, whatever it was as to why it took him so long. Two different things.

And yes they got those playoffs runs when Rivers was there. So what? It's not like LT was a backup at that point. He was still a main cog of that offense.

LT alone has turned out to be better than Vick. Then you add Brees on top of that? Throw in the towl man. This one is a slam dunk.

In 2004 the Chargers had the #1 pick and the Falcons played in the NFC title game. How in the hell can you say San Diego won? LMAO

Direckshun 02-26-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9440555)

JMO

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9440560)
Good post. I hope you're right.

Stafford was also a homerun of a prospect. Geno Smith is more of a ground rule double.