ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 2009 = 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270384)

Molitoth 02-25-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 9436879)
I love how this place is ready to write off the Reid/Dorsey regime BEFORE THEIR FIRST FREAKING DRAFT, let alone the first game!

ROFL

It's all hypothetical.

Basically IF the new staff does this THEN....

The Rick 02-25-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9436955)
It's all hypothetical.

Basically IF the new staff does this THEN....

What if they pass on Geno Smith, someone else drafts him, and he ends up being a bust? I mean, I know that's a hypothetical question and all because there's no way Geno isn't worthy of the #1 pick, let alone end up being a bust. But what if?

Will we still say Reid/Dorsey were wrong for not taking a chance on a QB when they had it?

RUSH 02-25-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9436845)
With the benefit of hindsight, Tyson Jackson was a better pick than Mark Sanchez.

What?

Please explain how a guy who went to 2 AFC title games, and made plays on the way there is not a better pick than Jackson? Did the defense help? Sure but Sanchez also played well in the playoffs and made plays when he had to.

Jackson has had zero impact his entire career.

keg in kc 02-25-2013 03:02 PM

Did the Jets defense help Sanchez? No. The Jets defense carried him. Put him on Kansas City in 2009 and he's most likely even worse than Cassel. He certainly never makes the playoffs.

Molitoth 02-25-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 9436976)
What if they pass on Geno Smith, someone else drafts him, and he ends up being a bust? I mean, I know that's a hypothetical question and all because there's no way Geno isn't worthy of the #1 pick, let alone end up being a bust. But what if?

Will we still say Reid/Dorsey were wrong for not taking a chance on a QB when they had it?

I think the majority of us here in CP are looking for this franchise to TAKE A CHANCE and follow the model that superbowl appearing teams are using to get there and that is to draft and develop a QB, not trade for someone elses castoff that wasn't good enough. (and I'm not talking about Peyton Manning, that was an unusual situation).

If Geno was picked to KC and he busts, I will cheer this franchise for trying.
If we pick up Alex Smith, I will not give two shits about the chiefs.

-King- 02-25-2013 03:06 PM

You just compared Geno to Mark Sanchez.

Stupid ****ing post.

RUSH 02-25-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9436981)
Did the Jets defense help Sanchez? No. The Jets defense carried him. Put him on Kansas City in 2009 and he's most likely even worse than Cassel. He certainly never makes the playoffs.

Probably but we'll never know that.

Not saying he's good, but in comparison to Jackson, his impact and play far outweighs him. It's not even close. Jackson has done nothing his entire career.

keg in kc 02-25-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 9437005)
Probably but we'll never know that.

Not saying he's good, but in comparison to Jackson, his impact and play far outweighs him. It's not even close. Jackson has done nothing his entire career.

And Sanchez has been absolutely abysmal his entire career, minus about two quarters combined in the playoffs.

You're comparing diarrhea to a runny shit, basically.

Rasputin 02-25-2013 03:15 PM

Drafting a QB #1 is our Super Bowl. . .

patteeu 02-25-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 9436979)
What?

Please explain how a guy who went to 2 AFC title games, and made plays on the way there is not a better pick than Jackson? Did the defense help? Sure but Sanchez also played well in the playoffs and made plays when he had to.

Jackson has had zero impact his entire career.

Jackson's going to have a long, solid career. Sanchez has been exposed as a fraud. You're not one of the guys arguing against Alex Smith are you?

Sorter 02-25-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9437068)
Jackson's going to have a long, solid career. Sanchez has been exposed as a fraud. You're not one of the guys arguing against Alex Smith are you?

It just isn't a good day without a nice patteeu troll post.

saphojunkie 02-25-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9437068)

Do us all a favor and go **** yourself. Your opinions on football are only slightly less idiotic than your opinions on politics. Or do you just always vote for the white guy?

patteeu 02-25-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9437096)
It just isn't a good day without a nice patteeu troll post.

It's not trolling to have a different opinion than you do.

patteeu 02-25-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9437103)
Do us all a favor and go **** yourself. Your opinions on football are only slightly less idiotic than your opinions on politics. Or do you just always vote for the white guy?

Why would you bring race into this? My best friend is a black quarterback who wants to get drafted into the NFL.

Molitoth 02-25-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9437115)
Why would you bring race into this? My best friend is a black quarterback who wants to get drafted into the NFL.

Tell him not to market himself in the midwest.

Every black QB is Jamarcus Russel here.