ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft 2nd rnd. Geno, Wilson, Barkley, Glennon gone... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270124)

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-20-2013 12:53 PM

please god no more QB trades....enough.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz 02-20-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9419082)
Which is why any plan that hinges on such a trade is SUPER risky. I really hope this isn't their plan.

agreed ... i didn't say that i wanted us to do it.

If the Chiefs determine that there just isn't a QB worth the #1 or that they just have to have some other guy at #1 then they need a plan to trade up in place.

what would trading up from #34 to 13-18ish cost?

assuming that Geno/Wilson won't be considered top 10 or they would just draft him at #1 so they would both fall to the middle of the 1st round fairly 'safely'

htismaqe 02-20-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9419132)

Oh I know...

Rooster 02-20-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicy McHaggis (Post 9410028)
Oh. In that case, panic and take a DT.

From LSU.:(

MahiMike 02-20-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9410239)
The Jaguars deserve you as a fan. Go piss off with Cockmon

I didn't make up the thread scenario dude.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-20-2013 01:15 PM

If mahi had his way, we'd be the KC Mooka-Lookas, comprised of nothing but pacific-islander fatties.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 02-20-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9419180)
If mahi had his way, we'd be the KC Mooka-Lookas, comprised of nothing but pacific-islander fatties.
Posted via Mobile Device

That sumbitch would run the Winged T

milkman 02-20-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9419132)

If the Chiefs determine that there just isn't a QB worth the #1 or that they just have to have some other guy at #1 then they need a plan to trade up in place.

what would trading up from #32 to 13-18ish cost?

assuming that Geno/Wilson won't be considered top 10 or they would just draft him at #1 so they would both fall to the middle of the 1st round fairly 'safely'

So no QB Is worth the #1 overall, but there is one QB, at least, that would be worth 2 picks at minimum.

Frankie 02-20-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chieftain58 (Post 9418823)
It looks to me like 80% of the teams in the top 10 picks are in desperate need of a QB

Not to be picky. But you could have said 8 teams in the top ten.

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9418852)
There's NO VALUE in a QB that can't play...

How are you so sure Bray can't play. Bray's questions are about his head not necessarily his talent. If anyone's interested in him they have to really rely on the interviews to make sure his college incident(s) were just a couple of moments of a young man's immaturity that he will grow out of.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9418966)
Brady Quinn was a "great value" with how far he fell.

Or was he?...:hmmm:

Quinn was thought of by many, including a big portion of the posters here as the top pick of the draft. So is Geno Smith. :hmmm:

htismaqe 02-20-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9419766)
Not to be picky. But you could have said 8 teams in the top ten.

How are you so sure Bray can't play. Bray's questions are about his head not necessarily his talent. If anyone's interested in him they have to really rely on the interviews to make sure his college incident(s) were just a couple of moments of a young man's immaturity that he will grow out of.

Quinn was thought of by many, including a big portion of the posters here as the top pick of the draft. So is Geno Smith. :hmmm:

A lot of the reports on Bray say he has a very low football IQ and no real passion for the game.

And I'm not sure who thought Brady Quinn was #1 worthy. Don't believe it was me (but my memory isn't all that great either).

Exoter175 02-20-2013 05:23 PM

Worst draft class since forever for QBs, and OP thinks at least 4 QBs are going in the first round. Hmm.

If that's the case, lets just assume every QB is going to be gone by the 2nd round then. You know, because the argument for drafting a shit QB that high is always going to be "Its the most important position, and with the new CBA you don't have to spend as much on the gamble".

Keyword Gamble. If a guy is shit, you don't draft him. You don't draft a Brodie Croyle over a Brandon Albert people.

I promise you all, we could pass on a QB in the first round and get a QB of equal skill to the one we would have taken in the first, in the second round.

That being said, Tyler Wilson will probably get the most praise heading into the combine, and if he does well, will get the most praise coming out of it. I won't be surprised if Both Geno and Tyler are gone in the first round. Barkley won't be drafted until the 2nd or 3rd, for christs sake he's drawn comparisons to Tebow for his lack of fitting into an nfl level QB role. Glennon is a wild card. Could be the guy who goes at the end of the first, likely ends up mid 2nd, but could fall into the third, we've seen it happen with guys of his skillset.

I'd rather get Leon Sandcastle in the first and get Wilson/Bray in the 2nd if available.

Sorter 02-20-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9419907)
Worst draft class since forever for QBs, and OP thinks at least 4 QBs are going in the first round. Hmm.

If that's the case, lets just assume every QB is going to be gone by the 2nd round then. You know, because the argument for drafting a shit QB that high is always going to be "Its the most important position, and with the new CBA you don't have to spend as much on the gamble".

Keyword Gamble. If a guy is shit, you don't draft him. You don't draft a Brodie Croyle over a Brandon Albert people.

I promise you all, we could pass on a QB in the first round and get a QB of equal skill to the one we would have taken in the first, in the second round.

That being said, Tyler Wilson will probably get the most praise heading into the combine, and if he does well, will get the most praise coming out of it. I won't be surprised if Both Geno and Tyler are gone in the first round. Barkley won't be drafted until the 2nd or 3rd, for christs sake he's drawn comparisons to Tebow for his lack of fitting into an nfl level QB role. Glennon is a wild card. Could be the guy who goes at the end of the first, likely ends up mid 2nd, but could fall into the third, we've seen it happen with guys of his skillset.

I'd rather get Leon Sandcastle in the first and get Wilson/Bray in the 2nd if available.

I can guarantee you that that is not the case. ROFL.

Nightfyre 02-20-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9419907)

How many mults do these trolls have? I mean, why even respond to a post that is laden with made-up bullshit.

Exoter175 02-20-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9419952)
I can guarantee you that that is not the case. ROFL.

They said it on ESPN radio at like 7 in the morning a few weeks ago. Just saying lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9419962)
How many mults do these trolls have? I mean, why even respond to a post that is laden with made-up bullshit.

A. I'm not a multi

B. What is so made up in that post?

Simply put, there are not 4 QB's going in the first round of this draft because there aren't any elite QB's in this draft, there is nothing but backup QBs in this draft. Nobody is going to spend a first rounder on a guy they aren't at least 50/50 on being able to be a legitimate starter. As I've already stated, most of you will disagree and justify the waste of a pick with the whole CBA argument nonsense which holds no weight.

In drafts where the QB talent is there, QBs get taken, regardless of the CBA. If the talent isn't there, however, you're not going to see 8, 7, 6, 4 QBs taken in the first round, especially in a draft full of very talented fatties.

So, back to the point, Geno and Wilson are likely to be 1st round guys coming out of this draft. Barkley blows and will not be a first rounder. That leaves Glennon, Nassib, and Bray. Of those three, Bray is probably the best "project" QB because his arm in my mind, is probably the strongest of the bunch. Of those three, Glennon is probably going to be the 3rd guy drafted because it looks like he can start fairly quickly, if not immediately and pickup the reigns, but he has a pretty low ceiling. Nassib on the other hand, is more of a wildcard for me at the moment as I have no idea where I'd place him, and EJ Manuel and Klein can both go blow a Donkey.

Sorter 02-20-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9419993)
They said it on ESPN radio at like 7 in the morning a few weeks ago. Just saying lol.

A. I'm not a multi

B. What is so made up in that post?

Simply put, there are not 4 QB's going in the first round of this draft because there aren't any elite QB's in this draft, there is nothing but backup QBs in this draft. Nobody is going to spend a first rounder on a guy they aren't at least 50/50 on being able to be a legitimate starter. As I've already stated, most of you will disagree and justify the waste of a pick with the whole CBA argument nonsense which holds no weight.

In drafts where the QB talent is there, QBs get taken, regardless of the CBA. If the talent isn't there, however, you're not going to see 8, 7, 6, 4 QBs taken in the first round, especially in a draft full of very talented fatties.

So, back to the point, Geno and Wilson are likely to be 1st round guys coming out of this draft. Barkley blows and will not be a first rounder. That leaves Glennon, Nassib, and Bray. Of those three, Bray is probably the best "project" QB because his arm in my mind, is probably the strongest of the bunch. Of those three, Glennon is probably going to be the 3rd guy drafted because it looks like he can start fairly quickly, if not immediately and pickup the reigns, but he has a pretty low ceiling. Nassib on the other hand, is more of a wildcard for me at the moment as I have no idea where I'd place him, and EJ Manuel and Klein can both go blow a Donkey.

Geno, Barkley, Glennon and Wilson will all go in the first round.