ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Bungie Destiny (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270050)

Quesadilla Joe 07-10-2014 02:31 PM

Guess everyone who preorders will get 3 beta codes. If you've preordered you need to verify your region/platform here... bungie.net/en/User/redeemedcodes

007 07-10-2014 10:29 PM

Trying to preorder this on PSN but for some reason it won't let me.

http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/an...ore-pre-orders
That states there is no charge to your card until 2 days prior to game release but it seems they want me to pay in full now. Has anyone else preordered on PSN? did you have to pay in full day one or not?

007 07-11-2014 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 10739923)
Guess everyone who preorders will get 3 beta codes. If you've preordered you need to verify your region/platform here... bungie.net/en/User/redeemedcodes

If this is true, can someone hook me up with a beta code? I want to get this on the PSN digital download but evidently they require payment up front rather than charging you when the game comes out. I would rather pay in September than have to pay it all upfront now. And I want the digital version so I don't have to deal with the disc everytime I want to play.

Quesadilla Joe 07-11-2014 07:36 AM

PSN makes you pay in full when you preorder. I can give you one of my extra codes whenever I get them.

keg in kc 07-11-2014 01:22 PM

I'm gonna be so hilariously bad at this next week. I haven't used a controller in at least a decade. I remember the first week I had my playstation my thumbs were both just raw. LMAO

Aspengc8 07-11-2014 02:59 PM

confirmed, they are indeed giving three codes away. when you register and pick your system they let you know you will be receiving 3 codes shortly before the beta begins.

Pants 07-11-2014 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10741556)
I'm gonna be so hilariously bad at this next week. I haven't used a controller in at least a decade. I remember the first week I had my playstation my thumbs were both just raw. LMAO

It's like riding a bike, man. It'll probably feel natural within 10 minutes.

keg in kc 07-11-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10741974)
It's like riding a bike, man. It'll probably feel natural within 10 minutes.

I can't remember if the last one I used even had analog joysticks. I don't think it did.

007 07-13-2014 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 10741004)
PSN makes you pay in full when you preorder. I can give you one of my extra codes whenever I get them.

I would appreciate that very much. Where did you hear about them giving 3 codes though? I'm not finding that.

007 07-13-2014 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10741740)
confirmed, they are indeed giving three codes away. when you register and pick your system they let you know you will be receiving 3 codes shortly before the beta begins.

Never mind. awesome@!!!!

Valiant 07-13-2014 06:08 PM

Can someone tell me how is multiplayer?

From what I am reading it is borderlands2 but looks like halo. It is super easy to kill people?

Quesadilla Joe 07-13-2014 09:29 PM

I didn't like the multiplayer that much. My biggest turn off with multiplayer games is getting one hit killed and it happens a lot in Destiny with the super abilities, rocket launchers, snipers and grenades.

A lot of people loved the multiplayer though, it just wasn't for me.

keg in kc 07-13-2014 10:45 PM

Beta is apparently 4 story missions, a strike (likely the same one from alpha) and 4 mp maps. Sounds like a shitton to do.

Btw target currently has a 15% off deal for electronics, to celebrate the first year of their cartwheel app. You have to have an account ( www.cartwheel.com ) and it's only good through tomorrow ( Monday 7/14 ). It will work on consoles. Got my ps4 earlier today at a pretty fair discount (saved $82 combined off the cost of the console plus 2yr service plan plus 3mo ps+).

Valiant 07-14-2014 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 10745523)
I didn't like the multiplayer that much. My biggest turn off with multiplayer games is getting one hit killed and it happens a lot in Destiny with the super abilities, rocket launchers, snipers and grenades.

A lot of people loved the multiplayer though, it just wasn't for me.

See this is what I was worried about. Ease of killing. That is what original halo was great about. So are all classes capable of ohk? Or is it weapons. Weapons balanced in pvp zones?

keg in kc 07-14-2014 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10745723)
See this is what I was worried about. Ease of killing. That is what original halo was great about. So are all classes capable of ohk? Or is it weapons. Weapons balanced in pvp zones?

I haven't played it yet, but I get the impression watching (lots of) videos that everyone is capable of it. I've seen vids from all 3 classes with (good) players demolishing people. Although the sense I get is that people like titan a lot, just this morning I watched vids of people getting 10 kill streaks on both warlock and hunter.

Of course it was alpha, balance may be different in beta, and then different again in release. Guess we'll see. It looks fun to me, but I'm not traditionally much for shooters or for PvP, so my perception is not colored at all by recent games and I don't really have any preferences.

I probably won't be doing any crucible until next week. I'm struggling a bit getting the hang of the controller and doubt I'll feel ready for anything competitive in the next few days.