ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft nfl.com qb ratings (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269096)

WhiteWhale 01-20-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9334425)
Funny part is their #1 QB's comparison is Aaron Brooks. And their comparison for #2 is Osweiler.

Smith is a black QB who doesn't run around a lot...so naturally he can only be compared to another black QB who didn't run around a lot, even though he sucked.

I always thought it was funny how NFL scouts and analysts seem to think players can only be compared with players of the same skin color. There's a word for that kind of thinking... racist.

RealSNR 01-20-2013 06:16 PM

Geno could show up to his interview high, wearing the uniform at his weekly Finish The Final Solution rally, while biting the heads off puppies, and I'd still take him over Barkley.

Frankie 01-20-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9336893)
Geno could show up to his interview high, wearing the uniform at his weekly Finish The Final Solution rally, while biting the heads off puppies, and I'd still take him over Barkley.

Both Wilson and Glennon are a lot closer to Geno than Barkley. I don't want Barkley at all.

Jiu Jitsu Jon 01-21-2013 03:41 AM

And my alma mater, SMSU or Missouri State as it's now called, has not ONE player entering the draft. My school sucks! *High five*

Actually I think that school has always been ass in football since...well, as long as I can remember.

kepp 01-21-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 9338490)
And my alma mater, SMSU or Missouri State as it's now called, has not ONE player entering the draft. My school sucks! *High five*

Actually I think that school has always been ass in football since...well, as long as I can remember.

I went to SMSU also. I never paid any attention to the football games. I went to one the entire time I was there, and that was because my friends and I were smashed and just wandered in.

ChiefsCountry 01-21-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

How the hell does my fine alma mater allow a piece of a shit Raider fan in.

O.city 01-21-2013 05:37 PM

MSU grad here, we have a few guys playing. OL for the Boys, TE in Philly.

silver5liter 01-21-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

They dont list any for Missouri Western either, but our DE David Bass is projected to get drafted. Possibly RB Michael Hill as well.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 07:44 PM

Terry Allen is the MO State coach, right?

A lady I work with's son plays DT for Terry Allen - pretty sure it is MO State.

O.city 01-21-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9340070)

Yeah, he was there when I was in school. Not sure if he still is.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9340072)
Yeah, he was there when I was in school. Not sure if he still is.

I believe this kid was a junior last year, so Allen is probably still there.

Rambozo 01-21-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9334425)
Funny part is their #1 QB's comparison is Aaron Brooks. And their comparison for #2 is Osweiler.

Sounds about right to me. I have though about Geno comparing to Brooks before but didn't speak up because I was afraid of getting killed for it. Brooks was a good QB. They have Wilson comparing to Matt Hasselback. I love that comparison... Others that are noteworthy are Barkley compared to Bulger and Glennon compared to Flacco.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9340342)
Sounds about right to me. I have though about Geno comparing to Brooks before but was afraid of getting killed for it. Brooks was a good QB. They have Wilson comparing to Matt Hasselback. I love that comparison... Others that are noteworthy are Barkley compared to Bulger and Glennon compared to Flacco.

Seriously?

Aaron Brooks, in college, wasn't anything like Geno. Geno's completion percentage alone was like 10 full percentage points higher...

Rambozo 01-21-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9340354)
Seriously?

Aaron Brooks, in college, wasn't anything like Geno. Geno's completion percentage alone was like 10 full percentage points higher...

He's built like Brooks, he moves like Brooks, his arm is like Brooks, and his throwing motion is like Brooks. I see Aaron Brooks all the time when I watch him. I'm not talking stats. I am talking about the tools.

He really looks just like him...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QPoQNSGeqKM?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yFVnDLNMV4M?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChiefsCountry 01-21-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9340070)

Yes that POS is still Missouri State's coach. By the way the Bears play in Iowa City this fall.