ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Flacco - Franchise QB? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268815)

CoMoChief 01-12-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9312126)
Based on past QB's with similar style of play as Kaepernick, he doesn't have a long shelf life in the NFL.

Flacco on the other hand hasn't missed a start in 5 seasons and can play at a high level for another 10 years.

I'll take Flacco.

CK isn't a run first QB anyways. He will use his younger days to make plays w/ his legs while he masters the NFL game, and eventually will turn into a fine pocket passer.

milkman 01-12-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9312126)
Based on past QB's with similar style of play as Kaepernick, he doesn't have a long shelf life in the NFL.

Flacco on the other hand hasn't missed a start in 5 seasons and can play at a high level for another 10 years.

I'll take Flacco.

Who, exactly, are you comparing Kaepernick to?

DeezNutz 01-12-2013 11:06 PM

Cunningham was every bit the dynamic athlete that any of these guys are, likely far more gifted. But the mindset of the league just hadn't evolved at that time. Today? Whoa...guy would be ridiculous in the right system under the right HC.

Sorter 01-12-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9311215)
I wonder how Flacco would be playing with a staff that wasn't so damn conservative.

It's difficult to get into a rythm when you are only passing on third down plays.

Yup.

chiefzilla1501 01-12-2013 11:09 PM

Let's be careful about hyping up Kaepernick's stock. He's played terrific, but keep in mind this is a team that is so damn good in all areas of the game that they actually brought Alex Smith to an NFC Championship game. And against a defense that hasn't been very good this year.

SF should be very happy to have him. But let's not get too quick about overhyping a QB who has so far only won one playoff game.

OnTheWarpath15 01-12-2013 11:09 PM

Yeah, I'll take 3 AFCCG's in 5 years.

Deberg_1990 01-12-2013 11:11 PM

Hes frustrating to get a handle on. Hes just so inconsistent at times.

Maybe this will be his year? Sometimes we are too hard on guys if they dont win right away or dont win the big one in their first few years. Peyton didnt even win or make a Super Bowl until his 8th year in.

Deberg_1990 01-12-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9312212)
Cunningham was every bit the dynamic athlete that any of these guys are, likely far more gifted. But the mindset of the league just hadn't evolved at that time. Today? Whoa...guy would be ridiculous in the right system under the right HC.

Yea, and he really only had about 4 or 5 prime years. After that he got beat up, then left the league for a year or two, came back and became a pure pocket passer.

Running QBs dont have long careers.

GoChargers 01-12-2013 11:15 PM

I would take him over Rivers right now, unless Rivers pulls his head out of his ass. Flacco to Gates would be awesome.

AussieChiefsFan 01-12-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9311735)
I will forever refer to him as "The Donkey Slayer"

ROFL rep!

chiefzilla1501 01-12-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9312212)

I've always thought that too. That guy could throw a 70 yard pass on an absolute rope. Unbelievable arm. Threw one of the prettiest passes I've ever seen. And in Minnesota, you saw glimpses of what he could have done in a more pocket type system. It's just plain sick to think of what he could have done in today's spread game under a coach like Harbaugh.

Sorter 01-12-2013 11:21 PM

As for the OP, yeah Flacco is a FR QB. Not yet elite but definitely has a chance once the older guys leave (Brady, Manning, Brees)

As for the Cunningham argument, that guy was/is a monster. Too bad he was early :(

milkman 01-12-2013 11:23 PM

The problem with Cunningham was a lack of consistent accuracy, and the lack of ability to take some heat off his short passes.

Everything was a rocket.

notorious 01-12-2013 11:26 PM

Flacco played fantastic tonight.

He beat Denver, at home, with Denver being spotted a TD. (2 returns - 1 pick 6).

That is amazing. He completely turned me around tonight.

RunKC 01-12-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9312260)
As for the OP, yeah Flacco is a FR QB. Not yet elite but definitely has a chance once the older guys leave (Brady, Manning, Brees)

As for the Cunningham argument, that guy was/is a monster. Too bad he was early :(

If he plays like this next week against Brady in Foxboro and wins, he's an elite QB IMO.

He's kind of like Eli to me. Not very consistent in the regular season and will lay an egg fairly often, but very good in the playoffs.

I really think the Ravens are SB bound this year.