ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 2013 PFF Free Agency Tracker (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268589)

ThaVirus 01-28-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9359431)
Shields, Berry, Flowers and draft FS

Shit, if we did that I'd rather draft SS. Let Berry slide over to FS.

O.city 01-28-2013 06:51 PM

TBH, I'd like to have someone who could basically be interchangeable at SS and FS. I'd like to have a guy, like Berry, who could potentially do both.

I really like Thomas, the safety prospect, in this draft as a 3rd rounder.

Titty Meat 01-28-2013 06:58 PM

Berry isnt moving to another safety position guys.

The Bad Guy 01-28-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9359475)
Berry isnt moving to another safety position guys.

I don't know about that.

When the Eagles were rumored to be enamored with Berry, it was as a FS.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-28-2013 07:04 PM

Wallace is going to command #1 WR money and he's not worth that. The smart move would be to sign Maclin who can give you 80-90% of Wallace's production at less than half the price.

I want no part of William Moore.

Another thought re: Ellerbe: how many guys leave teams like Baltimore via FA and actually end up being as good as they appeared to be when they were there?

O.city 01-28-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9359491)
Wallace is going to command #1 WR money and he's not worth that. The smart move would be to sign Maclin who can give you 80-90% of Wallace's production at less than half the price.

Another thought re: Ellerbe: how many guys leave teams like Baltimore via FA and actually end up being as good as they appeared to be when they were there?

While the last part is true I think Ellerbe is still on the upswing and hasn't maxed

Buehler445 01-28-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

I thought Maclin still had a year left?

SAUTO 01-28-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

we would have to trade and then extend Maclin, but I would be for it
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 01-28-2013 07:08 PM

I'd love to have one of those wrs, but I still feel that with a new qb the ones we have a good enough.

Although we need someone to stretch the field

the Talking Can 01-28-2013 07:12 PM

my concern with ellerbe would be the superbowl-bounce to his contract demands...i think we're unlikely to go after him anyways, given reid's history with lbs

if - hypothetically - our options were to address the needs at Safety and ILB with one in draft and one in FA, which would you do for which?

this FA class does seem ripe for us picking up an offensive weapon though, if Reid sees the need

The Bad Guy 01-28-2013 07:15 PM

Maclin isn't a free agent.

O.city 01-28-2013 07:17 PM

It seems fat Scott was against it, but it shouldn't take 4 offseasons to fill some spots or needs. There is no reason we can't come out of this offseason with a new S, ILB, QB, and a few DL's.

O.city 01-28-2013 07:19 PM

And a new CB.

Urc Burry 01-28-2013 07:19 PM

Shields is a restricted free agent. Brent Grimes is available and missed the 2012 season due to a torn ACL. He is expendable in Atlanta and I would be for him. He was elite in 2011.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-28-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Ed Hartwell
Adalius Thomas
Jarret Johnson
Bart Scott
Jamie Sharper

Raven LB's that left and Never Lived Up to Their Big Contracts