ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Congrats Chiefs fans, Andy Reid is your new coach. Here's what to expect.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268487)

HemiEd 01-04-2013 03:35 PM

The more I think about the Reid hiring, the more excited I get about it.

I think the chances of retaining the talent on this team like Bowe and Albert has increased tremendously along with getting a QB.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9281451)
not imo

at it's also about knowing WHEN to run it.

i've already said i like the hire but you are going to have Chiefs fans screaming 'just run the ball!!!' several times throughout Reid's tenure.

I'm sure they will - they idolize Marty Schottenheimer and pine for caveman football.

Andy Reid uses his primary back just as much as every other team in the league. What Andy Reid doesn't do is hand the ball off to Dexter McCluster on 3rd and 8 or run a toss sweep to Payton Hillis.

He values playmakers. He won't run the ball just to run the ball, that's just stupid.

Iowanian 01-04-2013 03:38 PM

The fact that the walrus knows this is a passing league and that throwing the ball well and defending the pass well are key components is a major upgrade to the shit we've been fed for the past decade. DV had it half right.

ct 01-04-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9281386)
and I also think Jamaal Charles is a better Brian Westbrook than Brian Westbrook and it seems like Reid's best years were when Westbrook was an absolute beast...

I also think Scott left us with an offensive line chalked full of potential, which helps.

If he did two things right it was offensive line and the incredibly, ridiculous AMAZING team friendly contract he got Charles to ink.

Jamaal and Westy and McCoy are different styles. Jamaal is more the full speed slasher type, whereas Westbrook and Mccoy are the jump step, stop on a dime and redirect type of runners.

All of them can be lethal out of the backfield in the 'extended' run game, and I believe THAT is what Reid truly wants from his RBs.

BlackHelicopters 01-04-2013 03:39 PM

Good read.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9281501)
The fact that the walrus knows this is a passing league and that throwing the ball well and defending the pass well are key components is a major upgrade to the shit we've been fed for the past decade. DV had it half right.

This.

We've been watching one of the most unbalanced, archaic offenses in NFL history.

I cannot believe people are wringing their hands because he might pass the ball too much.

ct 01-04-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9281494)
I'm sure they will - they idolize Marty Schottenheimer and pine for caveman football.

Andy Reid uses his primary back just as much as every other team in the league. What Andy Reid doesn't do is hand the ball off to Dexter McCluster on 3rd and 8 or run a toss sweep to Payton Hillis.

He values playmakers. He won't run the ball just to run the ball, that's just stupid.

Sorry, believe you meant hand the ball to Shaun Draughn on 3rd and 8, while Jamaal watches helplessly on the sideline. Just helpin ya out there.

Imon Yourside 01-04-2013 03:41 PM

Points? what are these points you speak of?

O.city 01-04-2013 03:42 PM

I love the fact that he seems to "fit" into the midwestern style. Seems like a perfect fit, personality wise, in KC. Common man kinda thing.

Easy 6 01-04-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9281336)
Hank Baskett, Todd Pinkston, and Torrance Small were all 6'2" or taller.

True, but as i recall they werent "swoll", just tall and slender, basket was the biggest of them at around 205-210 iirc.

Those guys are quite a bit different from the ripped 220-235 likes of Baldwin and Bowe.

htismaqe 01-04-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9281581)
True, but as i recall they werent "swoll", just tall and slender, basket was the biggest of them at around 205-210 iirc.

Those guys are quite a bit different from the ripped 220-235 likes of Baldwin and Bowe.

Baskett was 6'2" 220.

The Rick 01-04-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9281531)
I love the fact that he seems to "fit" into the midwestern style. Seems like a perfect fit, personality wise, in KC. Common man kinda thing.

Yep, the more I think about it, the more I think it's going to be a great fit!

Lzen 01-04-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9281346)
I don't see it. I just don't think he's the Steve Breaston of his rookie year. Think his knee injury made him damaged goods.

but cool, if he goes for 1000 yards than yay yay yay yay

I just think he's washed up.

IMO, NONE of KC's receivers can be fairly judged considering the garbage we've had at QB these past 2 years.

Raiderhater 01-04-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9281393)
He runs the ball very effectively ie YPC etc is not the same as enough

There is a certain effect of running the ball regardless of yards gain that leads to a more productive offense ... less QB hits,more ToP etc.

throwing the ball even though you need to burn clock etc

I used to yell this at the tv during the Marty years; the best way to burn up the clock is by picking up first downs. He can throw all he wants.

Raiderhater 01-04-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9281611)
IMO, NONE of KC's receivers can be fairly judged considering the garbage we've had at QB these past 2 years.

Quoted for truth.