ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Warrior Dash (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=247584)

boogblaster 08-01-2011 08:55 AM

kool .. glad ya finished .. beer for everyone ....

BigRichard 08-01-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 7792104)
Hey man, I looked for you. I even saw a dude painted green, walked up to him, & said, "Big Richard?"

He looked at me a little weird & replied, "Dude, I'm the Hulk."

LOL, that was me. I don't know/remember what I thought you said but I didn't put it together. Fail on my part.

MOhillbilly 08-01-2011 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 7792351)
LOL, that was me. I don't know remember what I thought you said but I didn't put it together. Fail on my part.

LMAO

Omaha 08-01-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 7792351)
LOL, that was me. I don't know/remember what I thought you said but I didn't put it together. Fail on my part.

That's great! ROFL

Phobia 08-01-2011 11:51 AM

I would have rather just continued to think of you as a jorts wearing dufus. Now I have to think of you as a costumed Hulk freak. This sucks for me. Did you even consider the ramifications?

BigRichard 08-01-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 7792839)
I would have rather just continued to think of you as a jorts wearing dufus. Now I have to think of you as a costumed Hulk freak. This sucks for me. Did you even consider the ramifications?

Lord, I apologize.

penguinz 08-01-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 7792839)

He wasn't a very convincing Hulk so you can still think of him as a jorts wearing dufus. ;)

luv 08-01-2011 12:10 PM

I'm going to make it my new goal to be able to participate in this next year. Looks like a blast!

4th and Long 08-01-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7792876)
I'm going to make it my new goal to be able to participate in this next year. Looks like a blast!

There were 80 year olds participating. Surely you can hack it too.

luv 08-01-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th and Long (Post 7792902)
There were 80 year olds participating. Surely you can hack it too.

If I'm going to have water making my clothes cling to me, I want to be in a bit better shape. :) Oh, and for being covered in mud at the end, too. :D

Phobia 08-01-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7792876)

That's a great goal. I've seen you make a lot of goals over the years. They're usually lofty goals which are great but often result in more disappointment than any sense of accomplishment. Have you considered a series of goals/milestones leading up to the ultimate goal? Achieving smaller goals along the way rekindles the fire and helps those of us who are more prone to instant gratification.

4th and Long 08-01-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7792959)
If I'm going to have water making my clothes cling to me, I want to be in a bit better shape. :) Oh, and for being covered in mud at the end, too. :D

In that case, 86 the clothes and cover yourself with mud, before the start of the event.

Just call me a problem solver!

Omaha 08-01-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 7793097)
That's a great goal. I've seen you make a lot of goals over the years. They're usually lofty goals which are great but often result in more disappointment than any sense of accomplishment. Have you considered a series of goals/milestones leading up to the ultimate goal? Achieving smaller goals along the way rekindles the fire and helps those of us who are more prone to instant gratification.

This.

I'm sure you could find a charity run/walk 5K to do prior to the Warrior Dash & build up to it. There are plenty of leisurely 5Ks out there.

There are also Mud Runs that are similar to (but less intense than) the Warrior Dash. I'll be doing 2 of these in Lincoln & just outside of Omaha next month. They are pretty laid back events so you wouldn't have to worry if you had to take breaks to walk. You won't be the only one.

luv 08-01-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 7793097)

I've already been working towards it in a way. I joined a gym a few months ago, and I've been working out regularly. I've been watching what I eat, but that's something I could do better about.

You know my ultimate goal has always been to move to KC. I think you know that I've done a lot to work towards that goal. I've gone back to school, and I will have my AD in February. I've moved back in with dad to get some debts paid off and save some money. Along with those two things, I've been working on losing weight. Of all people, I thought you might see those accomplishments and be somewhat proud of me.

Anyway, in regards to this. I guess I need to go out to a friend's family's farms and practice climbing hay bails and rolling around in the mud? My dad's pool is 4 1/2 feet deep, so I can practice wading through it. Are those the short term goals you had in mind?

luv 08-01-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 7793126)
This.

I'm sure you could find a charity run/walk 5K to do prior to the Warrior Dash & build up to it. There are plenty of leisurely 5Ks out there.

There are also Mud Runs that are similar to (but less intense than) the Warrior Dash. I'll be doing 2 of these in Lincoln & just outside of Omaha next month. They are pretty laid back events so you wouldn't have to worry if you had to take breaks to walk. You won't be the only one.

I've started reincorporating my 4 mile walks back into my work out program. I'm alternating going to the gym and going out for my walks. The thing I need to start working on there is jogging a bit more.