ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Anybody here ever actually run the 40? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242253)

Hootie 03-03-2011 02:26 AM

but I'm sure pr_capone is as big and as fast as Tim Tebow

Chiefshrink 03-03-2011 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7463846)
well if he was 5'10" 210 and was running 4.45 he must be an unathletic pussy since he didn't parlay that into any sort of athletic career

he has NFL size and speed...

what college did he go to for track? for football?

Talk about reverse discrimination although really when you think about it there is no such thing as reverse discrimination. Discrimination is discrimination, PERIOD.

I had several football scholarships to mostly DII and DIII schools and one DI but everyone of them said, kid you not, "although you run the ball well we already have our "thoroughbreds" in the backfield we need help in the secondary."

So I played baseball instead. Was a pitcher:thumb:

DaneMcCloud 03-03-2011 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7463874)
this board is 95% white

I'm pretty sure Dane is white...

Dane if you had tons of black teammates than I will agree that perhaps you did see a ton of freak athletes...

but where I grew up in Kansas...and where I grew up in Illinois...

it was white, white, white (just like this board)...and 4.5 basically didn't exist

1 out of 1000

Well, you're wrong. I had teammates that played in the SEC, Big 8, Southwest Conference, the major Junior Colleges (Coffeyville & Butler, both whom feed D-I schools, the NFL and won Juco National championships, etc.).

And again, you missed my statement earlier: Guys 27 years ago are NOTHING like the guys coming out of school today. NOTHING.

I'd bet that during my three years out of school, maybe ONE, instead of 50, would be offered scholarships today.

It's a different world today. But that doesn't mean that guys weren't gifted athletically.

Titty Meat 03-03-2011 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7463869)
High school football? Hell yeah.

I think that most of the people that live in KC know EXACTLY who I'm talking about.

JFC, you're truly a reeruned hillbilly dumb****.

Dane went to Rockhurst

DaneMcCloud 03-03-2011 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 7463880)
Dane went to Rockhurst

Nope, but you're right on about the coach.

Hootie 03-03-2011 02:30 AM

and I bet you threw 90 MPH, too

see that's something there...I was a pitcher, too

and I threw 80 MPH (and still do)...and there aren't many people that can throw that hard...and I know how hard 80 MPH is...I'm amazed people out there can hit 100 MPH (probably one of the most impressive athletic feats out there)...

I would love to see how fast people on CP can throw a baseball...that should be fun

DaneMcCloud 03-03-2011 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7463883)

and I threw 80 MPH (and still do)...and there aren't many people that can throw that hard...and I know how hard 80 MPH is...I'm amazed people out there can hit 100 MPH (probably one of the most impressive athletic feats out there)...

I would love to see how fast people on CP can throw a baseball...that should be fun

Are you referring to me, Hootie?

If so, no. I didn't pitch. I didn't even play baseball.

I played football and basketball but my passion lie elsewhere, so I didn't excel in either.

Chiefshrink 03-03-2011 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7463874)
but where I grew up in Kansas...

it was white, white, white (just like this board)...and 4.5 basically didn't exist

1 out of 1000

Oh yes it did:thumb: Vanilla thunder that wasn't "chocolate enough" in the eyes of some except any "bruthas" I did compete against always said afterward "Hey man, I ain't never seen no white boy have the moves and run like a brutha".:thumb:

Chiefshrink 03-03-2011 02:39 AM

Quote:

Left handed and averaged between 87-89mph consistently and on a good day would hit 91. Then tore my arm up and never was the same:shake:

My kids love the movie "The Rookie". I watched it once with them and that was the last time.

Hootie 03-03-2011 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportsshrink (Post 7463886)
Oh yes it did:thumb: Vanilla thunder that wasn't "chocolate enough" in the eyes of some except any "bruthas" I did compete against always said afterward "Hey man, I ain't never seen no white boy have the moves and run like a brutha".:thumb:

well then you were rare...

just watch the NFL combine

not many white people ever break a 4.5

so it makes me laugh that a 5'10 210" "hoss" with 4.45 speed couldn't get any D1 offers/looks or anything

but whatever

you're starting to sound like my roommate who was an awesome high school player...was an all-decade IHSA FB (comparable to Mike Alsott stats) and thought he ran a 4.45 too

but he didn't

and he got DII and DIII offers, too

are you my roommate?

he was an all-area catcher, too...best catcher I ever pitched too...he played college baseball as well so maybe you guys are the same person

Hootie 03-03-2011 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportsshrink (Post 7463890)
Left handed and averaged between 87-89mph consistently and on a good day would hit 91. Then tore my arm up and never was the same:shake:

My kids love the movie "The Rookie". I watched it once with them and that was the last time.

hysterical

you know any lefty that hits EVEN 85 MPH gets drafted...

RIGHT OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL

maybe in the 30th round...

but any lefty that has 90 MPH heat is a 10th round pick or better...easily

so you're just a ****ing liar dude

Hootie 03-03-2011 02:43 AM

if you're a lefty and hit 90 MPH ONE TIME in front of ANY SCOUT...

it doesn't matter if you're wilder than Ricky ****ing Vaughn...it doesn't matter if you couldn't throw a strike 1 time out of 100 pitches

you'd get drafted within 10 rounds

so white lightning here was 5'10" 210 with 4.45 speed...threw left handed and averaged between 87-89 and topped out at 91

hahahaha

JFC

do you know how RARE lefty pitchers are? Do you know how RARE it is for a lefty to throw the ball 80 MPH?

Like I said...if you're a lefty throwing harder than 85 MPH you'd be a household ****ing name to any scout worth a damn...and you would've been drafted (probably 3 ****ing times)...arm troubles or no arm troubles

Chiefshrink 03-03-2011 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7463892)
hysterical

you know any lefty that hits EVEN 85 MPH gets drafted...

RIGHT OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL

maybe in the 30th round...

but any lefty that has 90 MPH heat is a 10th round pick or better...easily

so you're just a ****ing liar dude

Oh if you only knew:shake:

LiveSteam 03-03-2011 02:44 AM

Quote:

I will put your 80mph hour arm on a arm-wrestling table & BREAK IT!

Hootie 03-03-2011 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportsshrink (Post 7463894)
Oh if you only knew:shake:

well if you did get drafted then props

I'm sure there would be a link you could show me