ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs SCHEFTER- Crennel to Chiefs Imminent (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=221244)

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 6416723)
Passing judgement on coaches with superbowl experience because of a sour experience with your own team...?

Pointing out the fallacy of your line of argument.

Just Passin' By 01-06-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6416717)
So the point of playing in the NFL is to lose the Super Bowl.

Got it.

Must be why so many Chiefs fans talk about 1966 instead of 1969.

I'm reasonably certain that the vast majority of sane Americans would consider taking a team to the Super Bowl just one year after a 6-10 finish to be a successful coaching job.

FAX 01-06-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EyePod (Post 6416701)
And in GM. How crazy is it that Hunt is bringing in the big names. I love it. KC is finally a place good people want to go.

Pioli, Haley, Weis, & Crennel are a far cry from Peterson, Herm, Gailey, and Gunther.

The Patriots connection merely means that they already know they can work together. Heck, I could care less if these guys were Siamese twins separated at birth. It's a vastly improved staff.

FAX

dirk digler 01-06-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6416698)
Well, I never would have switched to the 3-4, because Glenn Dorsey is a much better player than Tyson Jackson will ever be.

But, if he abso-****ing-lutely had to stay with the 3-4, I'd want us to move away from this two-gap bend-but-don't-break bullshit, and get a guy that runs an attacking scheme, so that we can at least force mistakes and turnovers to mask the lack of talent.

I'd like to see us take a look at Reggie Herring. He has experience in a 3-4 and 4-3 defense. Also Mike Pettine of the Jets or our own Greg Manusky.

Thanks.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 6416745)
I'm reasonably certain that the vast majority of sane Americans would consider taking a team to the Super Bowl just one year after a 6-10 finish to be a successful coaching job.

The team was 10-6 the year before that, but don't let that get in the way.

Parcells is good at building playoff-caliber teams, but he's never won anything w/o Belichick.

When Belichick went out on his own, he achieved success.

Parcells' attempts to build the same team that he had in New York in the 80s with every other franchise has never worked, because he doesn't have Lawrence Taylor, Bill Belichick, Carl Banks, Phil Simms, etc.

TheGuardian 01-06-2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6416732)
I know that you keep saying that, and I disagree because I watched him play in college, I read the scouting reports, and I know what he's capable of.

The reason why he played well this year is because he's a phenomenally talented football player, and like Derrick Thomas, can be put in a scheme that minimizes his talents (a la, the Falcon) and still get results.

(I fully expect the reeruns on this board to now claim that I've said that Thomas=Dorsey)

The only reason the comparisons were made is really because of their build/height/weight. They are NOT similar players. Sapp was a real low center of gravity-natural get up the field pass rush guy. Dorsey is not, and did not do that at LSU. He played more of a 2-gap scheme and was in fact asked to occupy blockers a lot.

The Sapp comparisons never made a damned bit of sense at all. The one area I agree with you on is that I think Dorsey would be even better in a 1 gap 3-4 front because he would be allowed to get into the back field more than he did in this scheme. Romeo was big on running a mixed 30 and 40 front where Seymour moved inside on the 40 fronts and played a 1 gap set. I'm sure he'll establish that here too.

So I guess we'll find out who is right in that regard.

RJ 01-06-2010 08:03 PM

To the barge?

MTG#10 01-06-2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 6416747)
Pioli, Haley, Weis, & Crennel are a far cry from Peterson, Herm, Gailey, and Gunther.

The Patriots connection merely means that they already know they can work together. Heck, I could care less if these guys were Siamese twins separated at birth. It's a vastly improved staff.

FAX

No shit I'll take this over what we had in a heartbeat. I just hope they can all keep their egos in check.

gblowfish 01-06-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 6416493)
Lota chubbies popping up...

KC will potentially have 2 new chubbies...

...and there is a chubby in my pants...

Get Mangino for QB Coach...Then our staff will be really phat!!

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 6416761)
The only reason the comparisons were made is really because of their build/height/weight. They are NOT similar players. Sapp was a real low center of gravity-natural get up the field pass rush guy. Dorsey is not, and did not do that at LSU. He played more of a 2-gap scheme and was in fact asked to occupy blockers a lot.

The Sapp comparisons never made a damned bit of sense at all. The one area I agree with you on is that I think Dorsey would be even better in a 1 gap 3-4 front because he would be allowed to get into the back field more than he did in this scheme. Romeo was big on running a mixed 30 and 40 front where Seymour moved inside on the 40 fronts and played a 1 gap set. I'm sure he'll establish that here too.

So I guess we'll find out who is right in that regard.

Dorsey playing a one gap is essentially the same as him playing 3 Technique in a 4-3. He's just shooting a different gap.

Dorsey was an explosive player in college. 69 tackles, 12.5 TFL, and 7 sacks as a DT in the SEC when he played half the year hurt is rare and explosive.

Marcellus 01-06-2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 6416747)

FAX

Yea, I don't get the whining. Then again.......I shouldn't be surprised.

Mojo Jojo 01-06-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC kid (Post 6416473)
This is a random though, but, if the Chiefs get Crennel, do they have the two biggest name coordinators in the NFL?

Maybe, but they will have the two biggest waistline coordinators in the NFL.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 08:07 PM

FWIW, the same excuses were used for Clancy last year.

"He runs a hybrid, so Dorsey will basically be used as a 3 Technique anyway".

Never happened.

Mr. Laz 01-06-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 6416677)
Hamas who would you hire?

ham ass would hire someone and then still bitch endlessly about it.

Titty Meat 01-06-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 6416807)
ham ass would hire someone and then still bitch endlessly about it.

Mods change this guys screen name to irony.