ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Herm: No personnel changes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=193714)

Bob Dole 10-09-2008 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 5096369)
I dont see us winning 2 games this year. Maybe, if we catch a team asleep like we did Denver.

Only 11 more games until someone takes the week before their game against KC off.

beach tribe 10-09-2008 06:52 AM

Do you think that there could be any possible way that maybe this franchise is doing all this on purpose during the stadium renovations. I mean, 30mil under the cap, and what seems like a team that is TRYING to lose.

Get the 1st pick. Get the top QB, and be in the best cap shape imaginable.

These guys have got to be able to see what we see.

If this is the case. It's pretty slick. My guess, they're all ****in idiots.

Mr. Plow 10-09-2008 07:27 AM

I'm sure someone else has brought this up....but I had to chuckle at this Herm quote.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herm Edwards (Post 5095836)
Now after five games, I know what it takes to win.

CoMoChief 10-09-2008 07:48 AM

Sad thing is I really honestly don't think Herm is smart enough to be a HC. I just really don't. He ran the Jets into the ground......granted a lot of things happened here in KC where he couldn't avoid like the Oline, Roaf and Shields retired and Carl never did anything in the previous regime to replace them.....a lot of players got old.

I know he wants to get younger....but you can get younger and still compete. Trading Allen was a HUGE mistake....I've said that from the beginning, our pass rush was barely average with him as we had no push up the middle. We are starting to develope pass rush up the middle (They are getting better) but now have no rush from the outside ends. For whatever reason we take an avg DE and put him over on his weak side and expect him to do just as good? WTF is wrong with this team? Hali was brealy and avg DE playing LE to being with. Allen, Dorsey, Tyler, Hali would be a good Dline IMO.

Just another major mistake rebuilding this team from top to bottom. We got a backup safety and blocking TE for the best pass rusher in the NFL.....unbelievable.

beach tribe 10-09-2008 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 5097075)
Sad thing is I really honestly don't think Herm is smart enough to be a HC. I just really don't. He ran the Jets into the ground......granted a lot of things happened here in KC where he couldn't avoid like the Oline, Roaf and Shields retired and Carl never did anything in the previous regime to replace them.....a lot of players got old.

I know he wants to get younger....but you can get younger and still compete. Trading Allen was a HUGE mistake....I've said that from the beginning, our pass rush was barely average with him as we had no push up the middle. We are starting to develope pass rush up the middle (They are getting better) but now have no rush from the outside ends. For whatever reason we take an avg DE and put him over on his weak side and expect him to do just as good? WTF is wrong with this team? Hali was brealy and avg DE playing LE to being with. Allen, Dorsey, Tyler, Hali would be a good Dline IMO.

Just another major mistake rebuilding this team from top to bottom. We got a backup safety and blocking TE for the best pass rusher in the NFL.....unbelievable.

Albert becoming dominant, and Morgan replacing Page is the only way this trade was not a complete, and utter blunder.

Brock 10-09-2008 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5096822)
Yup.

I don't think people have fully realized just HOW bad this team is. It's not just the offense. The defense is ****ing terrible, too.

Some people knew that months ago. What took you so long?

HemiEd 10-09-2008 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 5097032)
I'm sure someone else has brought this up....but I had to chuckle at this Herm quote.

Yeah, that one was another Herm classic. I hope Clark made a note of it.

2112 10-09-2008 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 5097133)
Yeah, that one was another Herm classic. I hope Clark made a note of it.

I think Clark Hunt is more reeruned than Herm.