ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football RUMOR - Bob Dylan replaces Beyoncé as Super Bowl halftime performer, or so says Tim H (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269554)

Easy 6 02-01-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9370200)
Today I learned that not only do people watch the halftime show, but they actually care about who is performing in it.

Heh, for me it just depends who's playing... Springsteen, Prince, i'm watching... Beyonce not so much, not really my bag.

I'll probably join Poz out in the garage...

Jenson71 02-01-2013 12:26 PM

I love Beyonce. I'm looking forward to it. I have high expectations.

blaise 02-01-2013 12:36 PM

Heidecker also reporting that Cinco has purchased commercial time for the Poop Tube during the Super Bowl.

siberian khatru 02-01-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9370195)
I have ADD and even I think it's worthless.

LMAO

Thig Lyfe 02-01-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9369437)
At least it's something different, I'm tired of these geriatric bands getting up on stage year after year. You want to get a band, get Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, get a band that can actually connect with today's audience instead of bore them to death. The only halftime show that was worth a damn of recent memory was Bruce Springsteen. Before that I can't even remember the last one I enjoyed.

I like how your idea of a fresh new band is Red Hot Chili Peppers or Foo Fighters. Maybe we could bring in those hip young kids from Smashing Pumpkins, too.

Thig Lyfe 02-01-2013 02:51 PM

Beyonce is actually a pretty brilliant pick because she has a legion of obsessed female fans who are going to watch the Super Bowl just so they can watch/worship her. They're reaching a whole new demographic. Having acts that old white dudes like never really made sense because old white dudes are already watching the game, because it's football.

The Poz 02-01-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9370215)
Heh, for me it just depends who's playing... Springsteen, Prince, i'm watching... Beyonce not so much, not really my bag.

Lots of room.
Unless GWAR plays halftime, it'll be the garage or bust.

houstonwhodat 02-01-2013 02:55 PM

Your only hope is for a wardrobe malfunction.

durtyrute 02-01-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9370172)
Uh, no

When they are live....uh, yes

htismaqe 02-01-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9370687)
I like how your idea of a fresh new band is Red Hot Chili Peppers or Foo Fighters. Maybe we could bring in those hip young kids from Smashing Pumpkins, too.

Public Enemy is gonna do halftime next year!

Easy 6 02-01-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poz (Post 9370732)
Lots of room.
Unless GWAR plays halftime, it'll be the garage or bust.

I hear you Canadians get THE KILL, i'll be there :D

Jenson71 02-01-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9369437)
At least it's something different, I'm tired of these geriatric bands getting up on stage year after year. You want to get a band, get Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, get a band that can actually connect with today's audience instead of bore them to death. The only halftime show that was worth a damn of recent memory was Bruce Springsteen. Before that I can't even remember the last one I enjoyed.

LMAO

This is almost like an Onion piece, too. Instead of Beyonce, one of the hottest performers in the world at the height of her prime, you want to "connect with today's audience" by getting the Foo Fighters and Red Hot Chili Peppers, two bands who appeal to a small slice of the population and may have, for all I know, called it quits 10 years ago.

DaneMcCloud 02-01-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 9370765)
When they are live....uh, yes

What? Are stating that when you go to a concert, every singer is lip syncing?

ROFL

durtyrute 02-01-2013 03:16 PM

The word "Every" was not in the post.

Radar Chief 02-01-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9370215)

Never been a Springsteen fan. Prince was all right, I have high respect for his talent as a musician.
I’d be a lot more interested in watching Beyoncé than Dylan. Never been much of a Dylan fan and though I’m not that much of a Beyoncé fan either, I’ve got lots of respect for her singing talent lip synching or no.