ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Schefter- "Barkley Late first-round pick" Smith scouts "aren't completely wowed" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267409)

the Talking Can 12-05-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9184201)
Te'o isn't Ray Lewis.

Te'o isn't Patrick Willis.

Te'o isn't Brian Urlacher.

Te'o isn't D'Qwell Jackson.

He may be a solid NFL linebacker but until he runs a 4.3 forty, measures 6'2 and weights 260 pounds at the Combine, the guy, IMO, is a mid-to-late draft choice at best.

He's most likely, IMO, a second round talent at best.

thank you

O.city 12-05-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9184179)
If (big IF) Te'o is what they say he is (and not a Notre Dame lust hype by the media) then yes. Provided we use the top of the 2nd on Murray, Wilson, or maybe even Bray. Our LB corps will be next to none. and we still get a QB we can count on panning out well. I've been very encouraged by what Dungy said about Murray and what I saw of him in the Alabama game. Granted I didn't see the entire game. Stat-wise too he compares well with Geno. See attached.

Murray is a legit 6" foot even. He has a strong arm and that offense doesn't do him alot of favors but his upside isn't that high, IMO.

And no, even if Teo is what they say, he isn't worth a top 5 pick. Look around the league at other 34 teams and look who plays the spot he would play here on our D.

You absolutely don't need a great high draft pick guy there to be successful.

And stat wise, Murray isn't close to Geno.

O.city 12-05-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Te'o isn't Ray Lewis.

He may be a solid NFL linebacker but until he runs a 4.3 forty, measures 6'2 and weights 260 pounds at the Combine, the guy, IMO, is a mid-to-late draft choice at best.

This might be off, but if Lewis, Jackson, and Willis were available in this draft, considering where the Chiefs are roster wise and the defense we run, I'm taking a QB over all of those guys.

DaneMcCloud 12-05-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9184211)
This might be off, but if Lewis, Jackson, and Willis were available in this draft, considering where the Chiefs are roster wise and the defense we run, I'm taking a QB over one of those guys.

That's fine.

Just don't tell me that Te'o is worthy of the number one overall pick, the Heisman, etc. when clearly he is not.

If the guy was at Wisconsin, he'd be mid-second rounder. Hell, Rey Maualuga was at USC sandwiched between Cushing and Matthews and HE was a second rounder.

SAUTO 12-05-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9184211)
This might be off, but if Lewis, Jackson, and Willis were available in this draft, considering where the Chiefs are roster wise and the defense we run, I'm taking a QB over one of those guys.

Not off at all.

Out linebackers could all quit and I would still take the qb
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 12-05-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9184218)
That's fine.

Just don't tell me that Te'o is worthy of the number one overall pick, the Heisman, etc. when clearly he is not.

If the guy was at Wisconsin, he'd be mid-second rounder. Hell, Rey Maualuga was at USC sandwiched between Cushing and Matthews and HE was a second rounder.

I meant to say QB over all of those guys.

Misworded myself.

Frankie 12-05-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Te'o isn't Ray Lewis.

That's why I qualified my statement. I do have this sneaky feeling that he benefits from the media love for Notre Dame. I guess, like you say the combines will decide. Strangely though, it seems a lot of draft prospects evaluation this year are pending the combine.

Psyko Tek 12-05-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9183930)
Chill out. Clark is going to demand a QB.

clark is gonna demand a striker

Chief_For_Life58 12-05-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9183914)
More reason for kc to draft a linemen. We have a strong losing tradition to maintain.

haha this

O.city 12-05-2012 11:09 PM

So here's the question Frankie, even with hindsight, knowing what all those guys turned out to be.

If they were available in this class, along with say I dunno Aaron Rodgers, who you taking?

1ChiefsDan 12-05-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9184229)
That's why I qualified my statement. I do have this sneaky feeling that he benefits from the media love for Notre Dame. I guess, like you say the combines will decide. Strangely though, it seems a lot of draft prospects evaluation this year are pending the combine.

Yeah, a lot of them seem to be up in the (mid)air.

Chief_For_Life58 12-05-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9184245)
So here's the question Frankie, even with hindsight, knowing what all those guys turned out to be.

If they were available in this class, along with say I dunno Aaron Rodgers, who you taking?

definitely taking the bonecrusher TJAX over em all deerp /egoli

DaneMcCloud 12-05-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9184229)
Strangely though, it seems a lot of draft prospects evaluation this year are pending the combine.

Personally, I've always felt this was true. But this year, with the Chiefs picking #1 or #2 overall, the Combine has an even greater significance.

Add in the new CBA (i.e., far less money invested) along with fan impatience and we're really looking at a franchise that needs to get this pick "right".

That said, trying to make that decision in early December is a recipe for disaster. So many things can change between now and mid-February.

Pushead2 12-05-2012 11:18 PM

I just want a QB that will make plays, isn't babysat in an offensive scheme to hide that they suck, doesn't check down all the time & give us a ****ing glimmer of hope in the future.

Not sure who fits that bill in the draft, but whoever it is - please take him.

T-post Tom 12-05-2012 11:33 PM

Let's assume Chiefs get the #1 pick and they go with Smith. Tyler Wilson is available with the 1st pick of the 2nd round. Should the Chiefs take Wilson? Let the best man win? Or possible trade bait for later? Or just a potential great backup at a decent salary...(yes, two different styles, for sure.)