ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Are you happy with the Andy Reid hire? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268484)

siberian khatru 01-04-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9281185)
Yeah but he did that last time as well.

Like I said, there's no guarantee. I'm not saying, "Woo-hoo, Super Bowl!"

You keep trying until you get it right. And note this time, he changed directions. He believes he's learned from his mistake.

We'll see. But I like what he's doing. Hope the results reflect it.

O.city 01-04-2013 02:40 PM

The difference is, this time he went and got a guy with actual experience. We know what Reid has done and what he's been responsible for.

Pioli was a hot name, thats about it. No one outside the circle really knew what he had been in charge of.

dirk digler 01-04-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9281212)
Like I said, there's no guarantee. I'm not saying, "Woo-hoo, Super Bowl!"

You keep trying until you get it right. And note this time, he changed directions. He believes he's learned from his mistake.

We'll see. But I like what he's doing. Hope the results reflect it.

I hope it works out as well and I will be a little bit more happy once they get the GM situation ironed out and if the Dorsey guy comes along that will be a great move.

ReynardMuldrake 01-04-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9281167)
I'm seriously considering banning LA Chieffan for being a douche. If someone starts a poll, I'll follow the results. Promise.

Yes, please.

Molitoth 01-04-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

I'm seriously considering banning LA Chieffan for being a douche. If someone starts a poll, I'll follow the results. Promise.

He will just be back with a mult. You could IP ban, but there are ways around that also if he wants to use VPN.

BlackHelicopters 01-04-2013 02:52 PM

No. Just semi- aroused. Better than the abortion we had, but I would have preferred a younger up and comer. Reid carries less risk.

Lex Luthor 01-04-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 9281262)
Yes, please.

Please ban him. He's either just a determined troll or he's the biggest ****ing idiot around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9281268)
He will just be back with a mult. You could IP ban, but there are ways around that also if he wants to use VPN.

Have you read his posts? There's no way he even knows how to spell VPN, much less use one.

Thig Lyfe 01-04-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pro Bowler (Post 9281285)
Please ban him. He's either just a determined troll or he's the biggest ****ing idiot around.

Have you read his posts? There's no way he even knows how to spell VPN, much less use one.

He's one of the more masterful trolls on this site. I have a feeling he's a pretty smart mother****er.

PunkinDrublic 01-04-2013 02:57 PM

Happy enough to change my anti-mormon views.

Fat Elvis 01-04-2013 02:57 PM

Better than a lot of hires though I wanted Chip Kelly.

FD 01-04-2013 03:05 PM

Not extremely happy considering some well-known deficiencies he has as a game coach, but pretty pleased, mostly because of the priority he places on the QB position and the passing game.

This is exactly what our team needs after years of muddling around at QB with a fairly talented roster on defense. Whether he drafts one at #1 or even round 2 or trades for one, I'm pretty confident that he is taking the QB position more seriously than anyone in KC has for a long time.

Rain Man 01-04-2013 03:09 PM

I'm okay with the Reid hire, but not ecstatic about it. I view him as being the next generation of Marty Schottenheimer, where the team will be good but won't ever be the dominant team in the league. A Super Bowl win would be a fluke.

However, after the last few years, consistent playoff appearances would be a cool drink of water, so I'm not going to grouse about him and I hope he comes in and does great. I can see where a coach like him is a logical hire when the goal is really to become respectable again...just like when Marty Schottenheimer arrived in 1999.

Does Reid ever talk about the gleam?

crispystl 01-04-2013 07:23 PM

I'm excited about this hire, our Offense is good just have problems with finding the end zone consistently,[/QUOTE]

WTF?

xbarretx 01-04-2013 07:26 PM

I'm excited and I'm " buying it For a DOLLAR!"

Gadzooks 01-04-2013 07:34 PM

I’m tremendously exited about this hiring.