ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer leak (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287730)

kcchiefsus 04-28-2015 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 11461832)
No.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Rausch 04-28-2015 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 11461989)
You want disappointing...read any Marvel comic the last 3 months.

FYP...

JD10367 04-28-2015 07:24 AM

The authorization for my IMAX print opens early (tonight at midnight) so I'll be watching this at 1 in the morning after work. Sadly it'll be my last movie viewing, as I turned in my notice at my suck-ass job. The ability to watch my own movies and/or watch them earlier than release date is the only part of the job I'll miss.

Rausch 04-28-2015 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 11462938)
The authorization for my IMAX print opens early (tonight at midnight) so I'll be watching this at 1 in the morning after work. Sadly it'll be my last movie viewing, as I turned in my notice at my suck-ass job. The ability to watch my own movies and/or watch them earlier than release date is the only part of the job I'll miss.

Well, that sucks (for us.)

GL with whatever you move on to.

Buehler445 04-28-2015 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 11462938)

Make a copy of the key and sneak back in...until you go to jail. What are you going to move on to?

JD10367 04-28-2015 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11462943)
Make a copy of the key and sneak back in...until you go to jail. What are you going to move on to?

Don't know yet, but the movie industry a.) blows chunks and b.) is dying anyway. I work 48 hours a week on salary. 4 or 5 nights (never see my wife), and Sunday through Thursday it's 'til 1am and Friday and Saturday it's til 3am. Have to work part of every weekend (so I can never take my wife away for the weekend). Have to work holidays with NO compensation at ALL. Last straw for me was the manager vacation schedule which blocked out over six months of the year we can't go away (including the two times I usually go: April/May/June, and November/December). Top that off with the most ignorant, lowlife, thieving scumbag customer base possible, a minimum wage staff that steals everything they can, and a horrible corporate management that purposefully understaffs us and overworks us because the industry is dying and they don't make the money they used to, and it all adds up to "time to go". My enjoyable and relatively impressive 20-year career (IMAX film projection) is now officially dead and gone anyway (the last Hollywood film they're doing was "Interstellar", everything will now be digital) so I was lucky to draw a salary for a few extra years as a suit-and-tie theater management type anyway.

beach tribe 04-28-2015 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 11462854)
Spoiler!

That's wierd.
Spoiler!

Fish 04-28-2015 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 11463816)
That's wierd.
Spoiler!

The Spiderman one was fake. There was a brief mid-credits scene with Thanos. Described here:

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/av...ined-spoilers/

Rausch 04-28-2015 02:40 PM

Without spoilers: there have been comments about the further evolution/screen time of characters like Hawkeye, Widow, and Hulk in AOU.

Was that the case and did any of you feel satisfied with it?...

Fish 04-28-2015 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11463877)
Without spoilers: there have been comments about the further evolution/screen time of characters like Hawkeye, Widow, and Hulk in AOU.

Was that the case and did any of you feel satisfied with it?...

Yeah. This film featured lots of character evolution. Almost too much, in my opinion. They put lots of effort into adding emotion to the characters.

I wasn't satisfied with it to be honest...

The Franchise 04-28-2015 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 11463914)
Yeah. This film featured lots of character evolution. Almost too much, in my opinion. They put lots of effort into adding emotion to the characters.

I wasn't satisfied with it to be honest...

Whedon said that he wanted to get more character evolution from characters that didn't have their own major films or franchises.

Fish 04-28-2015 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11463943)
Whedon said that he wanted to get more character evolution from characters that didn't have their own major films or franchises.

It felt really forced.

Rausch 04-28-2015 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 11463969)
It felt really forced.

Well, that sucks.

Deberg_1990 04-28-2015 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 11462984)
Don't know yet, but the movie industry a.) blows chunks and b.) is dying anyway. I work 48 hours a week on salary. 4 or 5 nights (never see my wife), and Sunday through Thursday it's 'til 1am and Friday and Saturday it's til 3am. Have to work part of every weekend (so I can never take my wife away for the weekend). Have to work holidays with NO compensation at ALL. Last straw for me was the manager vacation schedule which blocked out over six months of the year we can't go away (including the two times I usually go: April/May/June, and November/December). Top that off with the most ignorant, lowlife, thieving scumbag customer base possible, a minimum wage staff that steals everything they can, and a horrible corporate management that purposefully understaffs us and overworks us because the industry is dying and they don't make the money they used to, and it all adds up to "time to go". My enjoyable and relatively impressive 20-year career (IMAX film projection) is now officially dead and gone anyway (the last Hollywood film they're doing was "Interstellar", everything will now be digital) so I was lucky to draw a salary for a few extra years as a suit-and-tie theater management type anyway.

Sorry to hear that JD, but hopefully things turn out better for you in the future.

Just to clarify, movie theaters are dying or film projectionists? Because IMO, I don't see any slow downs at any movie theaters I attend.

JD10367 04-29-2015 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11464239)
Sorry to hear that JD, but hopefully things turn out better for you in the future.

Just to clarify, movie theaters are dying or film projectionists? Because IMO, I don't see any slow downs at any movie theaters I attend.

Theaters are only doing business for tentpole films. The advent of the Internet, video streaming, on-demand, gaming platforms, etc.,., all have killed movie attendance. And there are too many theaters.