ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The "IF no QB with the 1st pick" poll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269836)

Pasta Little Brioni 02-08-2013 06:26 PM

I can't describe how big of an abortion ending up with Jekyll as the number one pick would be. Wow...just wow. Talk about an absolute waste of a 2-14 season.

RealSNR 02-08-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9388081)
Wouldn't you, assuming the situation of the thread is applied? If we lose Albert and don't take a QB at 1, we better ****ing draft Joeckel.

I'm surprised Donald Stephenson's sphincter works right now, considering he was raped 24/7 at all times in December.

People should embrace other ways of obtaining offensive linemen.

Fans are so eager to pursue a QB via free agency or in other rounds of the draft. If we let Albert walk, why the **** can't we do the same at the LT position?

It's a double standard brought on by true fan tardery and fear of a star QB. That's it. That's all it's ever been. And it's something that KC fans need to get the **** over.

"You start by building the offensive line" is an outdated philosophy that needs to die in a fire

Deberg_1990 02-08-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9387965)
Here are the results for just one team...

http://www.chargers.com/news/article...4-f2fd357d0140

Thats quite a few in just 15 years or so.

#1 overall, not just 1st round
Posted via Mobile Device

HotCarl 02-08-2013 06:38 PM

A cornerstone left tackle will help make any quarterback we find ourselves with look good. Acquire a hall of famer like Willie Roaf, and all of a sudden Trent Green becomes Trent Green. Mmmm

NJChiefsFan 02-08-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9387939)
depends on what happens w/ Albert

If no Albert...you have to draft the LT

Why? In that scenario we don't have a QB or a starting LT. Why does LT have to come before QB. It's like everyone's memories are erased after every season. People remember the results but have no memory of our QB's part in our franchise's history.

el borracho 02-08-2013 07:30 PM

No QB in the 1st? I won't bother watching if the Chiefs don't come up with a reasonable solution at the QB position.

RealSNR 02-08-2013 07:36 PM

I mean, just think of the options if we let Albert walk. We could draft competition for Stephenson in the 2nd rounds and later. We could sign one of these high profile free agent tackles that are set to hit the market. We could move players around on the line (ex. play Jeff Allen at tackle, his natural position in college). We could just say, "We're not going to build this team up all in one offseason" and wait until next year to take a tackle in the draft. After all, that's a line true fans like to use. How about we live by that line and give them a taste of their own medicine?

There are TONS of good ideas to replace Albert that don't involve pissing away the #1 ****ing overall pick on reeruned ****ing Luke ****ing Joeckel

TribalElder 02-08-2013 07:50 PM

No QB? Refund Please

Ebolapox 02-08-2013 07:51 PM

did ****ing hotcarl just seriously compare luke goddamned joekel to willie ****ing roaf? jesus titty**** MOTHER****ing christ on a pogo stick.

:shake:

milkman 02-08-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9387593)
Why do you think it's become obvious that a QB will not be taken #1?

Because Frankie is a dipshit true fan afraid to take a QB unless Mel Kiper tells him that he's a sure thing.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-08-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9388111)
A cornerstone left tackle will help make any quarterback we find ourselves with look good. Acquire a hall of famer like Willie Roaf, and all of a sudden Trent Green becomes Trent Green. Mmmm

"mmmm" my motherfuking ass. This post has succintly summmed up everything i hate about Chiefs fans and thier love of goddamned linemen.
Posted via Mobile Device

HolyHat 02-08-2013 11:45 PM

Dee Milliner

007 02-09-2013 01:23 AM

Only a true fan would want to vote in this poll. heh

chiefsfan_91 02-09-2013 02:18 AM

Honestly, I truly hope that we don't draft a QB this year. There isn't a good one out there. The fact that Alex Smith is by far the best option at the position is just sad. Brandon Albert simply isn't a bookend LT like Reid's system requires. He'd be fine as a guard, but he's already publicly stated that he doesn't want to move back to guard. In my opinion, Albert is out. And that makes Joeckel the most logical choice. Geno Smith is a project at best. And frankly, you don't take projects with the number 1 pick. The Raiders made that mistake with JaMarcus Russell.

It doesn't matter who the QB is, if you don't have a good offensive line, you cannot win. Plain and simple. Just ask the Bears. And the Cardinals. And the Chargers. And the Eagles. The Super Bowl this season was evidence of that as well. Both teams had fantastic offensive lines.

stevieray 02-09-2013 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 9387568)
i don't know, man...i really think they need to take a qb.
sec

if they don't take a qb, it's going to be real hard to give a damn.