ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports UFC 158: GSP vs Nick Diaz - Title Fight (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271226)

BigCatDaddy 03-16-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9507676)
I didn't watch the fight dickbag. Now tell me about how much of an expert you are, if you can type with a French Canadian cock in your mouth.

Enough to understand what is and isn't lay pray **** stick. Obviously MMA has it's share of "TrueFans" based on your comments and a few others.

KcMizzou 03-16-2013 11:06 PM

GSP's amazingly talented and equally boring.

Mecca 03-16-2013 11:09 PM

I don't pay to watch it so I don't flip out but if I was dropping dollars GSP would be pretty low on my watch list.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigCatDaddy 03-16-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9507684)

I appreciate the technical and strategic aspect of his fights so I don't think they are "boring". It's pretty amazing that top fighters aren't able to even win a round against him. He controls standup guys on the ground and holds his own striking and ground guys he just stands up and pops them in the mug for 5 rounds. If you are looking for a bar room brawl then yeah, he's not the guy you are going to pay to watch fight.

jspchief 03-16-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9507684)

He's the Lennox Lewis of MMA. He may be a technical master, but for a spectator sport, he's lame.

Otter 03-16-2013 11:18 PM

Forgot how good GSP was - Diaz never stood a chance outside of a lucky hit. Glad I didn't bet on that one.

Pants 03-16-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9507670)
I still don't get the hell he was trying to imply saying he didn't know how GSP knew what he was going to do.

He was insinuating that someone from his camp was feeding information to GSP's camp.

He was also letting everyone know how displeased he is with MMA rules. He does not subscribe to the opinion that taking someone down and laying on them for 2 minutes should be viewed as an advantage.

I'm a Nick Diaz fan, but, man, if you don't like being on the bottom the whole fight, don't let your opponent take you down.

Mecca 03-16-2013 11:20 PM

I'll say I found several of the decisions tonight questionable, not GSP though.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigCatDaddy 03-16-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9507713)
He was insinuating that someone from his camp was feeding information to GSP's camp.

He was also letting everyone know how displeased he is with MMA rules. He does not subscribe to the opinion that taking someone down and laying on them for 2 minutes should be viewed as an advantage.

I'm a Nick Diaz fan, but, man, if you don't like being on the bottom the whole fight, don't let your opponent take you down.

That dude is a head case then. As much as I like watching him fight he's almost too much of a pain in the ass to keep in the UFC. There are enough quality 170lbers that he won't be missed.

Otter 03-16-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9507671)
Wow. Some of you guys are straight out ****ing idiots. Lay n pray? Almost half the fight was standing up, and Diaz's face was smashed.

I hate haters. pillowbiters.

I have all due respect for ground game. I just didn't see GSP coming back so strong from an ACL. The man is Joe Montana of UFC as far as technique and finesse. I swallow my words. Also thought Diaz was better than that by fighter standards.

CoMoChief 03-16-2013 11:30 PM

Diaz is a ****ing shit head. He's the reason why I didn't pay for the fight. I could give a shit if I ever watched him fight ever again to be honest. Nothing but a loud mouthed overrated punk. His brother is a ****ing tool too. Must run in the family. Bet his parents are ****ing morons too.

So Ronda Rousey is going to be the next TUF coach? <---- wtf? :spock:

Its going to be women AND men supposedly....you think any male MMA fighter is going to listen to her garbage about arm bars?

Dana is desperately looking for his cash cow ever since Lesnar left UFC.

CoMoChief 03-16-2013 11:32 PM

Silva would ****ing murder GSP....so much so I don't think Dana White wants that fight to happen.

BigCatDaddy 03-16-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9507732)
Silva would ****ing murder GSP....so much so I don't think Dana White wants that fight to happen.

Not as this stage of GSP's career. His biggest strength was always his superior athletic ability and that's diminished over time and with the knee. The only fight for Silva is Jones and he won't take it.

Stanley Nickels 03-16-2013 11:36 PM

Hendricks/GSP will be a hell of a fight, I'll say that much. The takedown/takedown defense battle will be amazing. It could either be a better version of tonight's Main Event (eg, Hendricks defends the takedowns, and forces better standup action), or it could be a VERY technical ground game. Hendricks is no joke. Condit is amazing, too. If Hendricks could beat GSP, I'll bet we see Hendricks/Condit II before Hendricks/GSP II.

Stanley Nickels 03-16-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9507738)
Not as this stage of GSP's career. His biggest strength was always his superior athletic ability and that's diminished over time and with the knee. The only fight for Silva is Jones and he won't take it.

Why do you think that is? Does he see something in Jones that is a major concern? Or is he just afraid of tarnishing his legacy by risking the weight class move and losing?