ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life How many cancer sticks have you smoked in your lifetime? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272370)

Omaha 04-23-2013 08:59 AM

0. Like a bauce!

Predarat 04-23-2013 09:10 AM

Camels were my favorite.

http://www.bambootrading.com/1300/1382.jpg

AussieChiefsFan 04-23-2013 09:11 AM

Zero!

Mr. Laz 04-23-2013 09:12 AM

Where's the 'How many cans of tobacco have you dipped?' thread?

Deberg_1990 04-23-2013 09:15 AM

What im wondering is, how are tobacco companies going to stay in business? Im assuming there are alot fewer people smoking now than there were 20, 30, 40, 50 years ago........

Oh wait, dont they charge like $6 a pack now? Thats how....

Frosty 04-23-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9615570)
This is a spinoff of a thread highjack....

Here is a calculator that lets you figure how many cigarettes you've smoked in your lifetime.

For those of us who either smoke or have smoked, it is pretty mind-boggling how many coffin nails we've inhaled.

Me, I quit about 16 and a half years ago. Still, I smoked about 118706 cigarettes, or about 5935 packs of cigarettes. The number is probably a bit higher, but still, that is a lot of cigarettes if you think about it.

Another way of looking at it, if you place the cigarettes end to end (assuming king sized, once again, not always the case), I would of smoked a cigarette that was over 5 1/6 miles long.

Less than 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9616531)
Where's the 'How many cans of tobacco have you dipped?' thread?

Ewww. 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9616537)
Oh wait, dont they charge like $6 a pack now? Thats how....

Except the gubment gets a big chunk of that.

Fire Me Boy! 04-23-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9616491)
0. Like a bauce!

Weird. I pictured you as a Virginia Slims man.

RockChalk 04-23-2013 09:32 AM

2 or 3 drags. Started hacking up a lung, threw down the cig and never looked back. I think I was 12 or 13. Never chewed/dipped, either

Smoked my fair share of marijuana from 17-19, though. And still will smoke the occasional cigar, maybe 2 or 3 per year.

Frazod 04-23-2013 09:34 AM

I've noticed that there does seem to be some correlation between people who have never smoked and people who are annoying twats.

Not in every case, mind you, but it does pop up enough to form a pattern.

Saul Good 04-23-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9616370)
If it takes 15 minutes, you aren't smoking it. My mom, who quit over 30 years ago and used to be a 3 pack/day smoker, told me she used to smoke 3 cigarettes in between classes in college- the classes she was referring to were 5 minutes apart.

I guess it depends on how you smoke. When I have seen people smoke, it has generally been at a bar bar where they are drinking and talking...basically a relaxed smoke. I'm sure that takes longer than someone running outside to take a smoke break at work when they are focused on smoking.

Kind of like nursing a drink versus aggressively drinking...

Mr. Laz 04-23-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9616599)
I've noticed that there does seem to be some correlation between people who have never smoked and people who are annoying twats.

Not in every case, mind you, but it does pop up enough to form a pattern.

well that's just a matter or perspective, isn't it?

people not like you are twats
you smoke, so people who don't smoke aren't like you

Frazod 04-23-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9616607)
well that's just a matter or perspective, isn't it?

people not like you are twats
you smoke, so people who don't smoke aren't like you

Actually I don't smoke. Quit smoking cigarettes years ago. Don't even smoke cigars now.

I'm just not a ****ing asshole about it.

Rasputin 04-23-2013 12:22 PM

I mostly was a pack a day smoker and probably at least 22 years that is 160710 cigarrettes 8036 packs of them. That doesn't count the years growing up inhaling my dads King Edwards cigars he smoked in the car, living room, out in the garage or just about anywhere.

I remember in grade school being called out of class by the teachers when I wore my denim jacket them accusing me of smoking.

I don't remember when I started smoking or how old I was just that I grew up around it & have smoked for a long time myself. Glad I quit this year in february hope to stay quit. I can now breath with out hacking up a lung.

Frazod 04-23-2013 01:30 PM

It was easier to smoke more back in the day. People watch Mad Men or similar shows and think it's funny that everybody was smoking, but that's the way it was up until a little over 20 years ago. I'd probably go through two or three an hour at work, although they mostly burned away in the ash tray while I was working. The first smoking restrictions I encountered were in '89, when the admiral at Great Lakes imposed a work space ban and decreed that we'd have to go use a converted men's room in the basement as a lounge (God, was I pissed LMAO ). I could still smoke at my desk when I got my first civilian job in '90, and that didn't change until a couple of years later.

-King- 04-23-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9616309)
It blows my mind people are so judgmental. Probably because their mother didn't breast feed them. Isn't formula basically the same as breast milk? That's just pathetic.

:spock: You don't think smoking a pack of day of something that is proven to kill is pathetic?