ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Rasslin is CHA CHA LA..LA,LA,LA,LA,LA (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=171830)

big nasty kcnut 02-05-2013 06:43 PM

Well the thing about the pg it finally did get bruno sammartino to join the hall of fame.

58kcfan89 02-05-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9380659)
The good old days back when those mid-card titles were actual springboards into the main event scene, and treated like they mattered. Unfortunately none of the belts matter now, even the world titles. Competition has totally taken a backseat to (bad) storylines.

Part of the reason, again, I love what Punk's doing. He's the first guy who in a long time acts like a title actually matters. Of course in Huntor's world, only a heel would care. Babyfaces all laugh off losing.

To this point, when was the last time an actual match closed Raw instead of a storyline-pushing segment? (I'm sure it was like 2 weeks ago, but still...)

Swanman 02-05-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9380702)
i was responding to the guy saying Punk wouldnt be relevant in the ATTITUDE ERA

I know the 80s and early 90s was better, but he was talking specifically putting Punk in a time machine to the late 90s early 00s and that Punk would be able to hold a belt

I was simply saying Punk would easily be a Hardcore, IC, Euro (thanks whoever plugged this one) champ and it would be equal to todays main event belts

Punk would have been just fine in the Attitude era. His early stuff in ROH was pretty hardcore, especially his feud with Raven. He could generate white hot heat back then. During the Attitude era, quite a bit of emphasis was put on mic work (thus the beginning of the use of the main event interview segment) and we all know how well he does there. His size would have been a bit of a hindrance possibly but he would have been able to overcome it.

mcaj22 02-05-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9381479)
Punk would have been just fine in the Attitude era. His early stuff in ROH was pretty hardcore, especially his feud with Raven. He could generate white hot heat back then. During the Attitude era, quite a bit of emphasis was put on mic work (thus the beginning of the use of the main event interview segment) and we all know how well he does there. His size would have been a bit of a hindrance possibly but he would have been able to overcome it.

he would have been fine because in the Attitude Era they actually had legit good guy and bad guy STABLES.

There hasnt been a good heel stable in the WWE since Evolution and that was years and years ago. Every other heel stable has either been a bunch of squashed guys thrown together or a failed attempt at showing no power (cough*Nexus*cough)

NJChiefsFan 02-06-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9381632)
he would have been fine because in the Attitude Era they actually had legit good guy and bad guy STABLES.

There hasnt been a good heel stable in the WWE since Evolution and that was years and years ago. Every other heel stable has either been a bunch of squashed guys thrown together or a failed attempt at showing no power (cough*Nexus*cough)

The Three Man Band may literally be the worst stable of all-time.

keg in kc 02-06-2013 09:01 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/12zn8il-u6g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Embed doesn't appear to work - full punk/jericho match: http://youtu.be/12zn8il-u6g

mcaj22 02-07-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9383249)
The Three Man Band may literally be the worst stable of all-time.

at least we salvaged Dolph Ziggler from the Spirit Squad, they were equally awful

keg in kc 02-11-2013 01:03 AM

Take it for what it's worth:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrestling Observer
Undertaker was at the Nashville Predators hockey game today, which would mean he is likely to be appearing at Raw tomorrow night, since the show is taking place there.

If that's the case, the most likely scenario is a confirmation that he will be at WrestleMania.

NJChiefsFan 02-11-2013 01:42 AM

If he isn't there I will be pretty disappointed.

Ceej 02-11-2013 09:16 PM

Sandow looks like Kanyon.

CoMoChief 02-11-2013 09:55 PM

Cena still an overrated shitbag?

Yes?

K, just making sure...

keg in kc 02-11-2013 10:42 PM

So no Undertaker?

Rock seemed awful tonight on the mic. Hate to hear so much comedy dreck at this point. Anyway, he's definitely retaining after that ending (not that anybody expected he'd lose).

Hootie 02-12-2013 02:05 AM

I don't know...he was cracking me up during his "story time."

NJChiefsFan 02-12-2013 02:09 AM

Can King and Cole try harder to slobber all over the Rock during his jokes. Seems they want a laugh track for the Rock as well.

Hootie 02-12-2013 02:21 AM

it had NOTHING to do with wrestling but come on...that story was funny as hell...didn't expect a few of those things to be said...I was laughing

RAW sucks though...my God whoever decided to change it to three hours is a moron. I fast forward through the whole damn middle.