ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Miles 01-26-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9344252)
I watched The Long Good Friday a couple of months ago. It's a British gangster movie with Helen Mirren from 1980. It was good. Worth a watch.

Really enjoyed that one. Trying to recall another British gangster flick of that era that was also really good.

Miles 01-26-2013 01:36 AM

Might be thinking of The Long Goodby which is not really a gangster flick but similar name. Also a great movie.

AussieChiefsFan 01-26-2013 06:38 AM

Is Gangster Squad worth watching?

DBOSHO 01-26-2013 08:55 AM

I really enjoyed gangster squad.

It has its flaws, but it was just FUN. Great performances by everyone. Definitely worth my money

AussieChiefsFan 01-26-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 9352231)
I really enjoyed gangster squad.

It has its flaws, but it was just FUN. Great performances by everyone. Definitely worth my money

That's really good to know. I was surprised by some of the harsh reviews that it received by some critics.

Thanks

SAUTO 01-26-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9350984)
Got to see End of Watch last night, couldnt have loved it any more.

Great story, great acting and chemistry between Gyllenhall and Pena... just plain great, the movie really works hard to get you emotionally invested in those guys and it really pays off, great character development, they were very easy to buy as partners.

It also does a great job of showing all of the good things that cops do on a daily basis across the US... getting kids out of abusive homes, going above the call to save people in burning houses, getting violent pieces of crap off the streets, etc.

Probably the biggest thing i took from this movie though, is that these mexican gangs need to be brought to heel asap, roughly. They're already doing the things from the movie in this country, human trafficking, murders, kidnapping... the only thing i'm unaware of them doing is brazenly targeting police, but thats not far behind you can bet. They make the old italian mafia look like childs play, they're basically Al-Qaeda south, its only a matter of time before they start killing rancher families who try to thwart them and police.

I agree on everything.

And the Mexicans are already targeting police, the cartels have for years.
Posted via Mobile Device

mikeyis4dcats. 01-26-2013 10:30 AM

Given the Godfather love, Amazon has the Collection today only for $18 on BluRay ($22 off)

http://www.amazon.com/Godfather-Coll...la+restoration

Bump 01-26-2013 05:30 PM

Just watched Lords of Dogtown. I haven't seen it, I know its old. But Heath Ledger did a pretty damn good job of acting in that too.

Bump 01-26-2013 05:39 PM

Just watched Lords of Dogtown. I haven't seen it, I know its old. But Heath Ledger did a pretty damn good job of acting in that too.

BigMeatballDave 01-26-2013 05:49 PM

Bump is smoking too much. LOL

A repost 9 minutes after the initial post.

KcMizzou 01-26-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9350984)
Got to see End of Watch last night, couldnt have loved it any more.

Great story, great acting and chemistry between Gyllenhall and Pena... just plain great, the movie really works hard to get you emotionally invested in those guys and it really pays off, great character development, they were very easy to buy as partners.

It also does a great job of showing all of the good things that cops do on a daily basis across the US... getting kids out of abusive homes, going above the call to save people in burning houses, getting violent pieces of crap off the streets, etc.

Probably the biggest thing i took from this movie though, is that these mexican gangs need to be brought to heel asap, roughly. They're already doing the things from the movie in this country, human trafficking, murders, kidnapping... the only thing i'm unaware of them doing is brazenly targeting police, but thats not far behind you can bet. They make the old italian mafia look like childs play, they're basically Al-Qaeda south, its only a matter of time before they start killing rancher families who try to thwart them and police.

Just finished watching it. Probably the best "cop movie" I've ever seen. I can't think of one that's better.

Red Brooklyn 01-26-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9354023)
Just finished watching it. Probably the best "cop movie" I've ever seen. I can think of one that's better.

Wow. Heck of an endorsement. I'll have to check it out ASAP.

KcMizzou 01-26-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 9354026)
Wow. Heck of an endorsement. I'll have to check it out ASAP.

They do the old odd couple, buddy cops things that you'd usually see in a comedy, but this is serious. It's totally believable... just two friends who like to bust each other's balls. A little humor in some seriously ****ed up situations. Like... real life.

Rain Man 01-26-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9306561)
Guys, i watched the coolest movie last night, if you have on demand tv you've GOTTA see it, if there is a movie that would appeal to a bunch of football bb fanatics more... i've never seen it.

Its on the on demand Sundance Film Channel and its called Big Fan starring Patton Oswalt (a SUPER cool dude i had the chance to meet when he opened for Janeane Garafolo in st. louis btw).

Its the story of a HUGE football fan who gets the shit kicked out of him by his all-time favorite player... funny, dramatic, bittersweet... all of that, best fits under "black comedy".

I'm tellin ya, i thought of the planet all the way through it and its GREAT, LOVED it.

I just watched it tonight based on your recommendation. Definitely an engaging movie. I liked it.

-King- 01-27-2013 12:27 AM

Just watched End of Watch. Best cop movie since Training day.