ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

WhiteWhale 03-06-2014 09:42 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-zgGd_7pTSI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gonzo 03-06-2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10469642)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-zgGd_7pTSI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LMAO

Deberg_1990 03-10-2014 06:13 PM

Yea bitch Magnets!
Posted via Mobile Device

dmahurin 03-16-2014 01:41 AM

Just finished. I was let down. The last 2 seasons seemed different and the ending was awful.

Reaper16 03-16-2014 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 10494731)
Just finished. I was let down. The last 2 seasons seemed different and the ending was awful.

They were definitely different. The show got pulpier and pulpier as it went along, entirely by design. One of the greatest 'what ifs' in television history is always going to be "what if Breaking Bad had stayed a mostly realistic drama ala seasons 1-2?" Because THAT show would be in contention for best drama of all time, instead of settling for merely being a top 10 drama of all time.

Baby Lee 03-16-2014 11:01 AM

ROFL @ 8:49, stay to the end for his run time.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cYD8MLH6OD4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dmahurin 03-16-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10495047)
They were definitely different. The show got pulpier and pulpier as it went along, entirely by design. One of the greatest 'what ifs' in television history is always going to be "what if Breaking Bad had stayed a mostly realistic drama ala seasons 1-2?" Because THAT show would be in contention for best drama of all time, instead of settling for merely being a top 10 drama of all time.

I was fine with the direction they headed with the show, they just gave to much of a "happy" ending to Walt. He got away with getting basically everything he wanted.

frankotank 03-16-2014 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10477974)
Yea bitch Magnets!
Posted via Mobile Device

THIS.....needs a comma. :D

otherwise one may think you were referring to magnets in the shape of very unpleasant ladies. as in......

yea. bitch magnets!

bowener 03-16-2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10495047)

It did go the way of Weeds. If Weeds had stuck to the style of season 1, it could have been a great dark comedy, instead it turned into a ridiculous pile of slapstick shit.

edit: Possibly my biggest gripe with Breaking Bad has always been that it evidently takes place over a 2 year span more or less.

Cmd'r&Chief 03-16-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 10466831)
Flynn turns gay at the end.

Thanks for ruining it for everyone.

Yes Flynn turns out being a handicapped in the closet homosexual with Lewis, who later in season 5 becomes a tranny and goes by the name Louis

Reaper16 03-16-2014 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 10495999)
I was fine with the direction they headed with the show, they just gave to much of a "happy" ending to Walt. He got away with getting basically everything he wanted.

I agree with you. I think the finale was the worst episode of the show by a wide margin, so poor that it taints the whole of the series.

dirk digler 03-16-2014 02:58 PM

Quote:

I disagree. He lost everything that mattered to him.

Mama Hip Rockets 03-16-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Losing his family and dying is a happy ending?

Sfeihc 03-16-2014 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10495445)
ROFL @ 8:49, stay to the end for his run time.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cYD8MLH6OD4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Love Top Gear on the BBC.:) The American version is painful to watch. What's up with the Jimi Hendrix version of the Paul segment?

dmahurin 03-16-2014 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 10496291)
Losing his family and dying is a happy ending?

His kids got the money, he never saw the inside of a jail, he killed everyone that would/could harm his family, and he saw his kids again before it happened. He died as happily as he could have with the circumstances.

dirk digler 03-16-2014 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 10496307)
He died as happily as he could have with the circumstances.

I agree with that but that is not a happy ending by any stretch. His family hates him, one of them is dead because of him and his other "son" wants to be far away from him as possible.

Reaper16 03-16-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10496326)
I agree with that but that is not a happy ending by any stretch. His family hates him, one of them is dead because of him and his other "son" wants to be far away from him as possible.

It's not happy but it is ultimately presented as redemptive, which is horseshit.

Baby Lee 03-16-2014 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 10496305)
Love Top Gear on the BBC.:) The American version is painful to watch. What's up with the Jimi Hendrix version of the Paul segment?

Not to derail the thread on a show that's been over for months, but the Top Gear Christmas special was very educational.

They're on a trek across Burma, which includes The Shan, where apparently no Western film crew have been before. And God was it beautiful.

And I'm 99% sure I saw a vendor selling Durian.

-King- 03-17-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10496251)
I agree with you. I think the finale was the worst episode of the show by a wide margin, so poor that it taints the whole of the series.

You just aren't receptive to art.
Posted via Mobile Device

blaise 03-17-2014 11:50 AM

I didn't have a problem with the final episode. It got a little cartoonish, but I think the series always had a little of that in it. It had to wrap up. It wasn't the Sopranos or the Wire. I think they knew what they were and they did it until the end.

Cmd'r&Chief 03-17-2014 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10496251)

What did you not like about it? It was a perfect ending to the story

Deberg_1990 03-17-2014 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmd'r&Chief (Post 10497980)
What did you not like about it? It was a perfect ending to the story

I liked it, but I think some fans thought it wrapped up a little too neatly.

Overall, the 2 or 3 episodes before the finale were probably stronger, but the finale is still pretty strong.

Personally, I didn't like the framing device of the last season. I wish they had not of already shown a scruffy, ruined Walt at the beginning of the season. Left some mystery.
Posted via Mobile Device

ThaVirus 03-17-2014 06:08 PM

Just re-watched those final few episodes..

So good. So, so good.

Cmd'r&Chief 03-17-2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10498758)
I liked it, but I think some fans thought it wrapped up a little too neatly.

Overall, the 2 or 3 episodes before the finale were probably stronger, but the finale is still pretty strong.

Personally, I didn't like the framing device of the last season. I wish they had not of already shown a scruffy, ruined Walt at the beginning of the season. Left some mystery.
Posted via Mobile Device

All valid points. I myself have little nitpicks. Like how Walt got Grechin and what's his nuts, to give all the drug money to his family. But in the end,I find myself saying, the whole ****ing series was about Walt leaving money to his family. ...How shitty would it have been if he didn't get to leave the money for the family. I think that would have bothered me more in the end.

dirk digler 03-17-2014 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10496557)
It's not happy but it is ultimately presented as redemptive, which is horseshit.

How would you have ended it? If you wanted a realistic ending he dies by the cops in a shootout or blows himself up in a meth lab

Lex Luthor 03-17-2014 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 10496038)
It did go the way of Weeds. If Weeds had stuck to the style of season 1, it could have been a great dark comedy, instead it turned into a ridiculous pile of slapstick shit.

edit: Possibly my biggest gripe with Breaking Bad has always been that it evidently takes place over a 2 year span more or less.

Wow, then you must have hated 24.

Reaper16 03-17-2014 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10498974)
How would you have ended it? If you wanted a realistic ending he dies by the cops in a shootout or blows himself up in a meth lab

I would not have his money going to his family. That's what he wanted all along and he does not deserve to get what he wanted. Basically, I wish the show was more decisive about its morals. Instead it tries to have its cake & eat it too with respect to showing Walt to be a terrible person but also give him the most redemption allowable by the story corners they wrote themselves into.

dmahurin 03-17-2014 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10499180)
I would not have his money going to his family. That's what he wanted all along and he does not deserve to get what he wanted. Basically, I wish the show was more decisive about its morals. Instead it tries to have its cake & eat it too with respect to showing Walt to be a terrible person but also give him the most redemption allowable by the story corners they wrote themselves into.

:bravo:Very well said.

Deberg_1990 03-17-2014 09:22 PM

Quote:

We the audience never know if Walt Jr. accepts the money or not? I thought It was made pretty clear he wanted nothing to do with his father or the money.

blaise 03-17-2014 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10499211)
We the audience never know if Walt Jr. accepts the money or not? I thought It was made pretty clear he wanted nothing to do with his father or the money.

He supposedly wouldn't know.

Demonpenz 03-17-2014 11:47 PM

If reaper had a cult he would have peoples eye's taped open with the ribbon from a specific deep cassette of the metal variety and on a TV would be an episode of the Fly...then there would be an IPA enima going up the butt all the while he dances around in a kilt made of half bearcat flag half Xavior Oman pubes

WhiteWhale 03-17-2014 11:55 PM

Quote:

Someone asks "how would you have ended it'" and all you do is offer more criticism.

Is your entire existence finding fault with things that other people created?

ThaVirus 03-18-2014 12:42 AM

Breaking Bad

As far as I'm concerned, the only redemption he received was in killing off Jack's boys and finally finding some way to get some money to his family.

In the end, he still died, his family wanted nothing to do with him, got Hank killed, wasn't able to see his toddler daughter grow up, and his legacy (as the good man he was for the first 40 or 50 whatever years he lived) was completely tarnished.

KC_Connection 03-18-2014 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10496557)

I'm not sure why you think Walt wasn't capable of at least some sort of redemption in the end, but I take it you didn't like the ending to Bridge on the River Kwai either? Because that's basically what the ending to this show was.

Walter White=Colonel Nicholson

Reaper16 03-18-2014 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10499421)
Someone asks "how would you have ended it'" and all you do is offer more criticism.

Is your entire existence finding fault with things that other people created?

I took that question to me more rhetorical than literal. If I'm stuck with all story decisions through the penultimate episode then (because I don't want to spend the time to write a whole new ending) I'll go with New Yorker critic Emily Nussbaum's suggestion that Walt should have frozen to death in that car he gets into in the finale; that the episode could play out entirely as it did but as the camera is zooming out of Walt's corpse in the superlab there's a fade to Walt in that car, suggesting that this last redemptive act was just him thinking happy thoughts to himself as he was dying, trapped, unable to do anything about the choices he made.

As for your second sentence (which I will assume is literal as well), the answer is clearly no, if even just for the ways in which I was very positive towards this show in this thread. A good 90% or more of my posts in this thread were praising the show or defending it from the criticisms of others.

DBOSHO 03-18-2014 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10499816)
I took that question to me more rhetorical than literal. If I'm stuck with all story decisions through the penultimate episode then (because I don't want to spend the time to write a whole new ending) I'll go with New Yorker critic Emily Nussbaum's suggestion that Walt should have frozen to death in that car he gets into in the finale; that the episode could play out entirely as it did but as the camera is zooming out of Walt's corpse in the superlab there's a fade to Walt in that car, suggesting that this last redemptive act was just him thinking happy thoughts to himself as he was dying, trapped, unable to do anything about the choices he made.

As for your second sentence (which I will assume is literal as well), the answer is clearly no, if even just for the ways in which I was very positive towards this show in this thread. A good 90% or more of my posts in this thread were praising the show or defending it from the criticisms of others.

After 5 seasons of one of the most well written shows of all time, you want walt
to freeze to death in a car.

blaise 03-18-2014 11:50 AM

I just kind of see it as the show is a certain amount of candy. There's a guilty pleasure in watching a meth cook and rooting for him. There's guilty pleasure in hoping he outfoxes Hank, or in watching the other shady characters and scumbags. Even when it's sort of implausible.
That's kind of how it differs from the Wire for me. Not in a good or bad way, just a different approach. Breaking Bad was sort of drama and story for the sake of drama and story. And it did a fantastic job of it.
The Wire had a point first and worked the story around that. It was basically didactic. And they did a fantastic job of that.
You couldn't end the Wire the way you ended Breaking Bad, but (in my opinion) the ending of Breaking Bad was fine. The audience, I think, wanted things tidy. They want some sort of redemption, in one way or another. Some sort of satisfaction. That was just the nature of the show.
I think they did sort of paint themselves into a corner toward the end, but it's nothing that tarnishes the series for me.

KC native 03-18-2014 11:57 AM

I watched all 5 seasons about 2 weeks ago.

I liked the ending, but I like cheering for the bad guys in series/movies like that.

I was a huge fan of Mel Gibson's role in Payback.

morphius 03-18-2014 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 10500044)
After 5 seasons of one of the most well written shows of all time, you want walt

Dream final would have pissed off everyone!

KC_Connection 03-18-2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

He deserved it!

Because that's apparently the only thing that matters.

-King- 03-18-2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

I can't think of a worse ending than that.

Chiefspants 03-18-2014 01:47 PM

I feel as though the writers eased up on the intensity for Breaking Bad's finale. In the past, the show had an almost brutal diligence to delivering moral consequences for the actions of every character. Vince Gilligan talked about how he originally planned to have Skyler commit suicide in the penultimate episode of the series. He was eventually convinced that this would be too "dark" of a conclusion, even for Breaking Bad. However, I disagree.

Walt and Skyler both got off relatively easily for the decisions they made throughout the series. Vince's original ending would have provided a direct consequence to both Walt and Skyler and would have cast a harrowing pall over Walt's conclusion. Walt Jr. and Holly could have ended up with Marie (who always hinted that she wanted children), while both Walt and Skyler would have faced the moral consequences that the show had been meticulous on delivering in the past.

Chiefspants 03-18-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Similar to An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge? Interestingly, the showrunners of Dexter originally envisioned a similar ending for The Bay Harbor Butcher.

Fire Me Boy! 03-18-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 10500344)
Similar to An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge? Interestingly, the showrunners of Dexter originally envisioned a similar ending for The Bay Harbor Butcher.

Walt should have become a lumberjack...

Chiefspants 03-18-2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10500352)
Walt should have become a lumberjack...

Yeah... that previous ending would have been much more fitting for Dexter.

Third Eye 03-18-2014 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10500233)
I can't think of a worse ending than that.

Whereas I can't imagine a more perfect ending than that. Walt, the power-mad megalomaniac, i.e. the one who knocks, dies alone and impotent with all his grand plans laid to waste while hallucinating his greatness. To go even one step further, I wish they could have written in a way for the blue to continue while Walt disappeared into obscurity, hence further drawing the parallel with Ozymandias that they tried to hit us over the head with.

Reaper16 03-18-2014 06:30 PM

Another thing: yes, the show was always moving towards sheer pulp (the oft-quoted intention of Vince Gilligan's to turn Mr. Chips into Scarface, etc.). But, like, Tony Montana doesn't get redemption in the end. I still cheer for him because, yes, it IS fun to root for the bad guy. It's ultimately less...powerful(?) if the bad guy practically gets away with it though.

Reaper16 03-18-2014 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 10500289)
I feel as though the writers eased up on the intensity for Breaking Bad's finale. In the past, the show had an almost brutal diligence to delivering moral consequences for the actions of every character. Vince Gilligan talked about how he originally planned to have Skyler commit suicide in the penultimate episode of the series. He was eventually convinced that this would be too "dark" of a conclusion, even for Breaking Bad, however, I disagree.

Walt and Skyler both got off relatively easily for the decisions they made throughout the series. Vince's original ending would have provided a direct consequence to both Walt and Skyler and would have cast a harrowing pall over Walt's conclusion. Walt Jr. and Holly could have ended up with Marie (who always hinted that she wanted children), while both Walt and Skyler would have faced the moral consequences that the show had been meticulous on delivering in the past.

Yeah, that's my problem with the ending. Feels to me like the show eased up on its own moral stances right at the last minute.

Gonzo 03-21-2014 08:34 PM

You know, I just started re-watching this show again recently and I just completed the episode, "Better Call Saul" where Badger got busted.

IMHO that is by far the best episode. It gets my vote for the best acting, best moments and quite possibly the funniest moments in the series.

There's badger, pointing out the flower van and the other construction van saying that they were obviously cops. He does the deal anyway and sure as shit, those two vans pull up.

Then the scene where Walt and Jessie have Saul by the open grave.
Just ****ing perfect acting.

dirk digler 03-22-2014 07:31 AM

Quote:

I suppose and I read your other post about him dying in the car but I don't like that idea.

Also I don't know if it has been discussed here or not but do we know for a fact Walt is actually dead? I mean he got a gut shot which isn't fatal and he falls down and a minute later the police show up. Just think 5 years from now there could a Breaking Bad movie because all the main characters could be alive. :D

Cmd'r&Chief 03-22-2014 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10508241)
I suppose and I read your other post about him dying in the car but I don't like that idea.

Also I don't know if it has been discussed here or not but do we know for a fact Walt is actually dead? I mean he got a gut shot which isn't fatal and he falls down and a minute later the police show up. Just think 5 years from now there could a Breaking Bad movie because all the main characters could be alive. :D

I love you

Gonzo 03-22-2014 10:44 AM

Quote:

I think this was addressed somewhere by the creator of the show. Not sure though.

Reaper16 03-22-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Here's a picture of the last page of the script for the finale:
http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vu...pg/a_560x0.jpg

This confirms two things: 1. Yes, Vince Gilligan did write Walt's death into the script. 2. the "He Got Away" also shows a particular warmth that Gilligan felt for Walt, intending rhetorically that he did want to give Walt some redemption.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-22-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10508469)
Here's a picture of the last page of the script for the finale:
http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vu...pg/a_560x0.jpg

This confirms two things: . 2. the "He Got Away" also shows a particular warmth that Gilligan felt for Walt, intending rhetorically that he did want to give Walt some redemption.

That is not definitive.

Reaper16 03-22-2014 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10508555)
That is not definitive.

About Walt's death? You'd have to be a junior English major reaching to meet a word count to find sufficient ambiguity in "final expression" and "lifeless." There's no other cogent reading of "He got away" that isn't "the cops can't administer justice to Walt because he's dead."

Reaper16 03-22-2014 12:14 PM

Oh, nevermind, I just saw where you didn't quote the whole post; just my reading that the phrasing indicates warmth for Walt.

I will concede that it isn't a confirmation of Vince's intention. But when paired with the rest of the episode it feels quite warm to me. Maybe that's confirmation bias, but I'm still not convinced that the finale isn't intended to redeem Walt as much as is feasible.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-22-2014 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10508575)
Oh, nevermind, I just saw where you didn't quote the whole post; just my reading that the phrasing indicates warmth for Walt.

I will concede that it isn't a confirmation of Vince's intention. But when paired with the rest of the episode it feels quite warm to me. Maybe that's confirmation bias, but I'm still not convinced that the finale isn't intended to redeem Walt as much as is feasible.

Even if much of the final episode provides Walt some redemption, he's still a round character, and he isn't an archvillain. Also, the show was not inconsistent in its tendencies to avoid justice for the corrupt. Saul, for example.

Additionally, treacherous people can do good things for ambiguous reasons. The killing of Jack's gang was not born out of a quest for righteous justice, but the outcome was still a good one.

Even if you see Gilligan as a moralist, Walt "getting away" is not an absolute statement on what he feel should happen; it could just be the machinations of a ****ed up world.

Pitt Gorilla 03-22-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10508589)
Even if much of the final episode provides Walt some redemption, he's still a round character, and he isn't an archvillain. Also, the show was not inconsistent in its tendencies to avoid justice for the corrupt. Saul, for example.

Additionally, treacherous people can do good things for ambiguous reasons. The killing of Jack's gang was not born out of a quest for righteous justice, but the outcome was still a good one.

Even if you see Gilligan as a moralist, Walt "getting away" is not an absolute statement on what he feel should happen; it could just be the machinations of a ****ed up world.

Good things often happen to bad people.

Ceej 04-07-2014 07:28 PM

Wow, the end of season 3.

WANT. MOAR.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-08-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

ROFL

Pepe Silvia 04-09-2014 07:43 PM

I finally finished the last 7 episodes. Damn that was ****ed up how Andrea was killed in front of Jesse. :( That really got to me.

ThaVirus 04-09-2014 10:14 PM

That was an intense scene.

http://awesomelyluvvie.com/wp-conten...-screams-4.gif

Pepe Silvia 04-09-2014 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10552466)

Dude I've seen many disturbing moments on that show, but that messed me up. I hadn't watched BB for a few months and was just blown away with how it ended. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised.

Ceej 05-27-2014 07:35 AM

That ending. Barf.

It's funny. My fiancee and I thought there was one more season. Netflix said there was only five seasons, but we saw a 6th and final season at Target so we purchased it.

We were all like, "do you think he faked his death? What happens next?"

Get around to watching it last night and low and behold we've seen it all. Damn you Netflix. LMAO

BigMeatballDave 05-27-2014 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10652868)
That ending. Barf.

How else was it supposed to end?

Ceej 05-27-2014 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10652879)
How else was it supposed to end?

Zombie apocalypse.

I'm not going to rehash the debate which recently happened.

Loved the show. Wasn't a huge fan of the ending is all.

Maybe I wasn't a fan because I was confused and thought there was one more season after.

frankotank 05-28-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10652888)
Zombie apocalypse.

I'm not going to rehash the debate which recently happened.

Loved the show. Wasn't a huge fan of the ending is all.

Maybe I wasn't a fan because I was confused and thought there was one more season after.

nope!
you weren't a fan of the ending BECAUSE IT SUCKED! :mad:

dlphg9 05-30-2014 08:38 AM

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=869819

Was it the end!?!?!?!111!?

Kansas City Kid 05-30-2014 01:49 PM

When is the "Better Call Saul" show starting up?

Fire Me Boy! 05-30-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kansas City Kid (Post 10660701)
When is the "Better Call Saul" show starting up?

http://bit.ly/1hjTO1V

Quesadilla Joe 08-20-2014 12:07 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ovqM72em1dA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gonzo 08-20-2014 01:21 AM

LMAO

Buehler445 08-20-2014 06:24 PM

Just finished watching it last week.

What a great goddamned series. Wow.

Mennonite 08-20-2014 06:56 PM

I watch very little tv (outside of stuff on TCM) but this is a show that grabbed from the very first episode. It's a stunning achievement that it was able to run as long as it did without ever jumping the shark. Hell, it got better as it went along. It seems like every show that comes out these days gets the "Best EVER!" tag but I think that this one really deserves its accolades.

L.A. Chieffan 08-21-2014 10:49 AM

Wow the youtube pawn shop clip is great cant believe i missed that

lcarus 08-30-2014 08:53 AM

I was thinking about it. If Hank didn't enjoy reading while shitting, would everyone have lived happily ever after?

BigMeatballDave 08-31-2014 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10836211)
Just finished watching it last week.

What a great goddamned series. Wow.

It is. Possibly the best drama series ever.

Baby Lee 08-31-2014 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10862320)
I was thinking about it. If Hank didn't enjoy reading while shitting, would everyone have lived happily ever after?

I know, and if Thetis' had noticed that, when she dipped her son in the river Styx, she had her hand over his heel.