ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dolphins working on a trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272208)

-King- 04-18-2013 02:20 PM

It's funny people act like football players should just accept anything the coach tells them. If your boss wanted to move you from the most important position at in your department to the 3rd most important, you'd tell him to piss off. But because Albert is a football player, he can't do that. LMAO

Rausch 04-18-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9600030)
?

I'm pretty sure we could trade a 6th to get him back as a 3rd QB...

Mr_Tomahawk 04-18-2013 02:22 PM

Can we merge the two albert threads?

DaneMcCloud 04-18-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9600027)
If your boss wanted you to take a demotion even though you had performed very well at your current position, would you be happy to take it?

Once again, would you take a demotion to help your company?

Same question.

How is it a demotion when he's being paid among the top five left tackles?

Rausch 04-18-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9600046)
Can we merge the two albert threads?

NO!

NEIN!

DaneMcCloud 04-18-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9600035)
It's funny people act like football players should just accept anything the coach tells them. If your boss wanted to move you from the most important position at in your department to the 3rd most important, you'd tell him to piss off. But because Albert is a football player, he can't do that. LMAO

Really? You think that people that are paid millions per year tell their CEO to **** off if they've been reassigned?

How old are you and what's your experience in the corporate world?

patteeu 04-18-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9600016)
Well according to football outsiders he played 67% of snaps. Still more than 2/3s :).
Posted via Mobile Device

They rounded up.

Mother****erJones 04-18-2013 02:24 PM

Clay, did you say this is the Brandon Carr situation all over again? It's not. Carr didn't want to be here, Albert wants paid. We're at least getting good value if we get the higher 2nd rounder. 2nd round high pick for a LT that's 29 coming off back spasms last year is pretty good. I want Albert back. I'm a fan of his but if this regime isn't keen on giving him big money with the way they feel his body is, then I will support them. I will support this regime until they prove me wrong.

WV 04-18-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9600047)

Under the tag yes, but I believe he's pointing to the possibility they want to move him to RT and as a RT he would make less if he were to sign an extension.

DaneMcCloud 04-18-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9600058)
Under the tag yes, but I believe he's pointing to the possibility they want to move him to RT and as a RT he would make less if he were to sign an extension.

First off, Albert can play out the tag and sign elsewhere next year. And quite frankly, there's no one in the league that's going to pay him nearly $10 million per to play right tackle.

I'll be shocked if he even gets $9 million, whether its the Dolphins or another team.

patteeu 04-18-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9600035)

If you tell your boss to piss off, there's a good chance you'll be looking for another job.

Mr. Laz 04-18-2013 02:38 PM

My bosses have asked me to do hundreds of jobs 'below my station' in the past.

You suck it up and do it

The NFL is not real life, not the other way around.

-King- 04-18-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9600047)

Because going from left tackle to left tackle is a demotion?

Here's the definition for demote incase you are still confused...

de·mote (d-mt)
tr.v. de·mot·ed, de·mot·ing, de·motes
To reduce in grade, rank, or status.

DaneMcCloud 04-18-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9600098)
Because going from left tackle to left tackle is a demotion?

Here's the definition for demote incase you are still confused...

de·mote (d-mt)
tr.v. de·mot·ed, de·mot·ing, de·motes
To reduce in grade, rank, or status.

You failed to answer the question.

Unsurprising.

-King- 04-18-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9600052)
Really? You think that people that are paid millions per year tell their CEO to **** off if they've been reassigned?

How old are you and what's your experience in the corporate world?

What does money have to do with it? So just because someone is paid millions of dollars means they can't have the same rights as others? If someone isn't comfortable with the position their company is putting them in, it doesn't matter whether they make $7.25 an hour or $9 million a year.