ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

PhillyChiefFan 05-01-2013 11:04 AM

[QUOTE=Hawk;9646152]
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 9645493)

They are breaking it into two seasons, so Joffrey will likely be around until the middle of next season. Episode 9 is called Rains of Castamere, so I think we all know that one will feature the Red Wedding as the big conclusion to this season.

I think they end next season with Tyrion and his dad, so Joffrey will probably get his in episode 4 or 5 so they can have the trial by battle and all that before episode 9.

The build up for that scene between Tywin and Tyrion has already started and I can't wait for that scene. The Red Wedding will shock a lot of people, and I know my wife is going to be pissed when Rob gets it.

I think splitting it will be good, because their are sooo many scenes that will be epic to watch and I don't want them to be cut short or minimized because of time constraints.

The first was Dany's big takeover, but scene was somewhat of a letdown. I'm sure because of the lack of the funding necessary to give that scene it's due. But the rest will be mostly just the actors pulling off some great scenes.

Hawk 05-01-2013 12:11 PM

You're the first person i have heard who thought the Dany scene was a letdown. Non readers across the internet were flippin their lids for it. I thought it was great.

PhillyChiefFan 05-01-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 9648872)
You're the first person i have heard who thought the Dany scene was a letdown. Non readers across the internet were flippin their lids for it. I thought it was great.

I shouldn't have said I was let down after I re-read that it sounded like I didn't like it. I just thought it was going to be more of a production when the unsullied were taking the city and freeing the slaves.

It was definitely an awesome scene. The scene immediately following where she frees them and the unsullied decide to stay with her was awesome.

I can't wait to see how the Red Wedding plays out, Joffery's death, and the battle scenes when the Wildlings try to take the wall. Trying to remember any other scenes I am looking forward to...

allen_kcCard 05-01-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 9648946)
I shouldn't have said I was let down after I re-read that it sounded like I didn't like it. I just thought it was going to be more of a production when the unsullied were taking the city and freeing the slaves.

It was definitely an awesome scene. The scene immediately following where she frees them and the unsullied decide to stay with her was awesome.

I can't wait to see how the Red Wedding plays out, Joffery's death, and the battle scenes when the Wildlings try to take the wall. Trying to remember any other scenes I am looking forward to...

Crossbow!

Hawk 05-01-2013 01:06 PM

I know what you mean, but what's interesting is that I think the book glossed over the details of that stuff as well.

mdchiefsfan 05-01-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 9649054)
Crossbow!

Petyr and Lysa will be an awesome ending to the 4th season as well, with the moon door and the truth of Lord Arryn

Scott Pilgrim 05-01-2013 02:22 PM

The Mountain vs Red Viper

mdchiefsfan 05-01-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Pilgrim (Post 9649273)
The Mountain vs Red Viper

damn right

mdchiefsfan 05-01-2013 02:36 PM

How does book 4 match up against book 3?

Scott Pilgrim 05-01-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9649310)
How does book 4 match up against book 3?

Book 3 is the best book 4 is the worst. but 5 is pretty good

mnchiefsguy 05-01-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Pilgrim (Post 9649324)
Book 3 is the best book 4 is the worst. but 5 is pretty good

I actually liked Book 4.. books 4 and 5 are in the same time frame, Martin basically had so much material, he wound up splitting it up.

Off all the books, I would rate book 2 as the "worst"....but that is a relative term, since the worst book in this series is still better than 98% of books out there.

Setsuna 05-01-2013 03:04 PM

Yeah there isn't a "best" book. They all play their parts as they should. It's a series. The more information you know, the better the story becomes so naturally the latest books would be said to be people's favorites. But they aren't standalone books so best isn't really relevant here.

Hawk 05-01-2013 03:07 PM

Books 4 and 5 are still entertaining books, but they get a bit bogged down compared to book 3. They are also set-up books in a sense because you get to the end, and there is a ton of cool stuff about to happen, then it ends. Book 6 is set up to be pretty epic though based on where 4 and 5 leave off the story.

BTW, if you have not read books 4 and 5, I'd suggest you not spend much time in this Spoiler thread as there are some major events in those books that could get spoiled for you in here.

Hawk 05-01-2013 03:08 PM

Book 3 was to me is easily the best book of the 5 so far. They're all good, but book 3 is one of my favorite books ever.

The Franchise 05-01-2013 03:15 PM

Almost finished with the 1st book. If I've already watched the first two seasons of the show....can I skip the Catelynn, Sansa and Bran chapters?