ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV CBS: Star Trek (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=295820)

BigRedChief 07-21-2021 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 15742662)
I REALLY REALLY hope they get a great villain this time around. Played by a really great actor. Who that would be ? No clue

The best villains have a Broadway background in acting.

Frazod 07-21-2021 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15748899)
Finishing up my read of "Leonard" by Bill Shatner.

Great book. Lots of interesting stuff. Did not know both Nimoy and his son were alcoholics.

Nimoy was a very high-functioning alcoholic. He was literally on the drink almost every day he was shooting TOS.

Was there a chapter on how Nimoy got so sick of Shatner's shit that he didn't speak to him for years prior to his death?

Lzen 07-21-2021 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15563397)
My TNG favorites:

1. Yesterday's Enterprise
2. Best of Both Worlds
3. The Wounded
4. Reunion
5. Inner Light
6. Measure of a Man
7. Redemption
8. Unification
9. Deja Q
10. Family

What, nothing about Genesis?

Mennonite 07-24-2021 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15748899)
Finishing up my read of "Leonard" by Bill Shatner.

Shatner is such a piece of shit. Did any of his co stars ever have anything nice to say about him when they weren't promoting something?

I read a new Trek novel the other day. "Shadows Have Offended." Pretty bland. They are supposed to be wrapping up the novelverse continuity at the end of this year. It's getting nuked to make room for Picard related stuff. The novels have sucked for the last few years but they were pretty good there for a while. As bad as they have been they were still better than the modern shows.

DaneMcCloud 07-24-2021 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 15753371)
Shatner is such a piece of shit.

:facepalm:

Did he mistreat you at a fan convention or something?

I've hung out with Shatner dozens of times, whether it was at Residuals, when he hosted a karaoke night in the 90's, to running into him and his family at Jerry's Famous Deli, in which he was one the nicest and most polite "star" I've been around.

He was amazing on Howard Stern's show in the 90's and was outright ****ing hilarious as well.

The other cast members always came across as whiny, jealous bitches in regards to Shatner.

Mennonite 07-24-2021 11:49 AM

Did Shatner suck your dick, Dane? Wait - of course he didn't. If he had you would have told us a boring story about it a couple of million times by now.

p.s. Go **** yourself you d-list name dropping bundle of sticks.

Frazod 07-24-2021 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15753397)
:facepalm:

Did he mistreat you at a fan convention or something?

I've hung out with Shatner dozens of times, whether it was at Residuals, when he hosted a karaoke night in the 90's, to running into him and his family at Jerry's Famous Deli, in which he was one the nicest and most polite "star" I've been around.

He was amazing on Howard Stern's show in the 90's and was outright ****ing hilarious as well.

The other cast members always came across as whiny, jealous bitches in regards to Shatner.

There is much to admire about Shatner. He's 90 years old, looks like he's 70, and despite his age he still hustles his ass off. I certainly agree with your assessment of certain of the other cast members, particularly the odious Takei. You'd think the ****er was in an internment camp getting caned by Shatner last week to listen to him piss and moan.

I assume, however, that his endless hustling was what drove the final wedge between him and Nimoy. I don't think Bill has an off switch, and doesn't understand that other people do.

Mennonite 07-24-2021 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15753449)

I assume, however, that his endless hustling was what drove the final wedge between him and Nimoy. I don't think Bill has an off switch, and doesn't understand that other people do.

Ol' Bill just hustled himself a new gig on Russia Today. He doesn't have a problem working for the Kremlin and he can't understand that other people do.

It's not just one or two cast mates that say he is a dick, it's virtually all of them as well as some of the guest stars. Dude's a prick. He just happens to have played a character that everybody likes.

He's a good a human being as he is a singer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lul-Y8vSr0I" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RealSNR 07-24-2021 12:52 PM

Is it bad that I look forward to these movies more than I do new seasons of Star Trek: Kurtzman?

I kind of feel alone on this, but Beyond was my favorite of the movie reboots, and that was the one that had the most "problems" with it in the shooting and editing. Simon Pegg did an amazing job when they asked him to piece together the crap they had filmed into some sort of story that you could follow and care about.

I have no idea if he's up to the job again, but I wouldn't mind seeing him involved as a producer of some sort.

DaneMcCloud 07-24-2021 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 15753407)
Did Shatner suck your dick, Dane? Wait - of course he didn't. If he had you would have told us a boring story about it a couple of million times by now.

p.s. Go **** yourself you d-list name dropping bundle of sticks.

LMAO

Such a fragile little girl

DaneMcCloud 07-24-2021 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 15753458)
Ol' Bill just hustled himself a new gig on Russia Today. He doesn't have a problem working for the Kremlin and he can't understand that other people do.

It's not just one or two cast mates that say he is a dick, it's virtually all of them as well as some of the guest stars. Dude's a prick. He just happens to have played a character that everybody likes.

Yeah, because co-workers are never, ever jealous when one of their own rises above the rest.

You sound like a bitter old woman.

DaneMcCloud 07-24-2021 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15753449)
There is much to admire about Shatner. He's 90 years old, looks like he's 70, and despite his age he still hustles his ass off. I certainly agree with your assessment of certain of the other cast members, particularly the odious Takei. You'd think the ****er was in an internment camp getting caned by Shatner last week to listen to him piss and moan.

One thing that people forget that don't work as an actor for a living is that yes, these people are extremely competitive. It's obviously a different type of competition than sports but actors on that level don't just audition in order to get a gig, they audition in order to not only nail that gig but to turn it into a years long series or a role that will live on for decades.

Shatner was indeed a hustler. He turned his time on Stern's show into tens of millions via Priceline, in which he decided to take in stock instead of salary. He's constantly writing and performing and even had a failed CBS sitcom in the past decade.

The dude is a worker and hustler and has great respect in town, regardless of what his former cast members think of him, who outside of Nimoy, had little success outside of Star Trek.

So it's pretty obvious who was riding the coattails.

Frazod 07-24-2021 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15753490)
One thing that people forget that don't work as an actor for a living is that yes, these people are extremely competitive. It's obviously a different type of competition than sports but actors on that level don't just audition in order to get a gig, they audition in order to not only nail that gig but to turn it into a years long series or a role that will live on for decades.

Shatner was indeed a hustler. He turned his time on Stern's show into tens of millions via Priceline, in which he decided to take in stock instead of salary. He's constantly writing and performing and even had a failed CBS sitcom in the past decade.

The dude is a worker and hustler and has great respect in town, regardless of what his former cast members think of him, who outside of Nimoy, had little success outside of Star Trek.

So it's pretty obvious who was riding the coattails.

I know Doohan hated him, and obviously Takei does as well, but the rest seemed to keep it fairly quiet. I've never heard of Nichols saying anything shitty about him, and Koenig seems to know where his bread's buttered.

I've really just learned to loathe Takei. The way he whines about everything reminds me of what you once said about Henley - that no one who has enjoyed so much success has any right to be so miserable.

Deberg_1990 07-24-2021 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15753500)

I've really just learned to loathe Takei. The way he whines about everything reminds me of what you once said about Henley - that no one who has enjoyed so much success has any right to be so miserable.

I mean, I kinda get it. He comes from a generation where he had to hide his sexual identity, so he’s probably bitter about a lot of that. I’m sure he encountered tons of racism too when he was young in the 40s to 60s.

Mennonite 07-24-2021 01:36 PM

Please, Mr McCloud won't you tell us again about the time you stood next to Jimmy "J.J." Walker at a urinal at Studio 54? I love the part when JJ says your dick sucking skills are "DY-NO-Mite!" Really, I never get tired of hearing your boring ass stories about living in Los Angeles. I mean how many people can claim to have actually lived in L.A.? Can be more than several million tops.

The only thing I like more is when you say something dumb (because you're an argumentative prick and can't help yourself) and then double down in it. Because you are as petty as you are stupid. A recent example is when I posted a pic from a movie that inspired the look of Indiana Jones and you spent time googling pics from 70 year old magazines to try to win an argument that no one was actually having. Good times.